Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Over the years, Pelosi has defended abortion multiple times while also citing her Catholic faith.

WASHINGTON — U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called restricting abortion “sinful” on Women’s Equality Day, in contradiction to her Catholic faith.

“The fact that this is such an assault on women of color and women — lower income families is just sinful. It’s sinful,” the Democrat from California said during a “reproductive health” panel on Aug. 26. “It‘s wrong that they would be able to say to women what they think women should be doing with their lives and their bodies. But it’s sinful, the injustice of it all.”

Pelosi made her comments while visiting the University of California San Francisco Mission Bay campus for a “reproductive health roundtable discussion.” Her remarks immediately followed a speech from another Democrat from California, who also identifies as Catholic.

“The fact that we have a government now on a federal level that is mandating pregnancy—government-mandated pregnancy—flies in the face of every personal freedom on which our country is founded,” Rep. Jackie Speier said during the event.

Continued below.
Nancy Pelosi Says It’s ‘Sinful’ to Restrict Abortion for Women

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟574,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“The fact that we have a government now on a federal level that is mandating pregnancy—government-mandated pregnancy—flies in the face of every personal freedom on which our country is founded,” Rep. Jackie Speier said during the event.

These people need a remedial biology course. As much as people say they are getting screwed by the government, I don't know of a single case where it led to pregnancy. Nor does the government have a single law or policy that requires pregnancy for a "person capable of giving birth". The fact that they can't call these people women is also a good case for their needing a refresher course.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nancy Pelosi wouldn't know what a sin was if one walked up and spit in her face. She is totally devoted to her progressive agendas; that is her "faith". She's no more a Catholic than Arius was.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Nancy Pelosi wouldn't know what a sin was if one walked up and spit in her face. She is totally devoted to her progressive agendas; that is her "faith". She's no more a Catholic than Arius was.
Arius the arch-heretic was likely more Catholic.:doh:

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The idea of forced pregnancy is interesting to me, because it's such nonsense that none of it makes sense. I am in a relationship with a girl-- we do not have sex. As a result of this, our relationship is actually much better than any one that I've been in previously. Nobody is "forcing her to be pregnant", because she's not. There's literally no way that she could wind up pregnant and we have a great relationship where we focus on one another rather than using one another for temporary "fun".

If you don't want to be pregnant, simply do what I do and don't have sex. Of course, asking people to abstain from sex in 2022 degenerate America is like telling a crack addict not to smoke crack. People believe that they are entitled to sex, as much of it and in whatever disgusting way that they want to have it. It's actually really easy to abstain, especially when you're coming out of a "fast lane" lifestyle in your twenties and early 30s. It's a remarkable, positive change and I don't stress diseases, I don't stress unplanned pregnancies, and I don't have to worry about my partner growing "bored" with me.

Upvote 0