• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Nancy Pelosi says impeachment of Trump 'just not worth it'

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by redleghunter, Mar 12, 2019.

1. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldy my friend Supporter

+24,882
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Nancy Pelosi says impeachment of Trump 'just not worth it'

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she doesn’t support impeaching President Trump, dealing a major setback to the anti-Trump resistance that has clamored for House Democrats to take the politically charged step.

Mrs. Pelosi, in an interview with The Washington Post Magazine released Monday, said that while she doubts Mr. Trump’s fitness for office, impeaching him would be too divisive.

“I’m not for impeachment,” she told the magazine, adding she was aware she was breaking news with the announcement. “Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. And he’s just not worth it.”

Mrs. Pelosi had been trying to tamp down impeachment talk within her ranks for months, but she has had only moderate success.

More at link:
    Nancy Pelosi rules out impeaching Donald Trump as 'so divisive' - Washington Times

Poster note: Is Madame Speaker basically saying Trump is not worth the effort?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. MariaJLM

MariaJLM Crazy Cat Lady

+773
    Canada
    Eastern Orthodox
    Celibate
    CA-Others
    He only has like a year left of his term so I'm not even sure what impeaching him at this point would accomplish anyway.

3. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,707
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Arguably, impeaching Bill Clinton got him re-elected.

4. ilovejcsog

ilovejcsog The way....

+290
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    ICK, Shes on such a power trip!

5. redleghunter

+24,882
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That and there needs to actually be something to draft articles of impeachment.

6. redleghunter

+24,882
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It happened after his reelection. The trial started in early 1999.

7. redleghunter

+24,882
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Actually two years as of January 2019.

8. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+815
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I'm ready to see the far left crucify Pelosi.

9. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,589
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Translation: We got nuthin’.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  10. redleghunter

+24,882
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  11. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

+9,621
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
  12. EpiscipalMe

EpiscipalMe Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,279
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    There is no point to starting impeachment proceedings now - Mueller and Congressional investigations are still ongoing. By the time they wrap up, it will be too close to the election to bother.

I imagine there will be a bigger push for impeachment if he gets re-elected.

13. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,297
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    The Senate is never going to remove him, so why waste the time on impeachment proceedings.

14. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,707
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    You are correct, my mistake.

15. redleghunter

+24,882
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Something the Republicans learned in 1999. You better have some evidence to remove a President.

16. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Ship of Fools Supporter

+7,392
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    I agree with her. Trying to impeach Clinton was divisive. At this point, selling impeachment to the American public is bound to be seen as partisanship.

17. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Ship of Fools Supporter

+7,392
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    Of course, most people just thought it was a witch hunt. They might have thought less of Clinton, but they thought even less of Ken Starr.

18. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+1,385
    Methodist
    Nancy Pelosi says impeachment of Trump 'just not worth it'

Without 60 votes in the Senate, there would be no point in impeaching this President unless there is bipartisan support - if the 2018 Interims were any indicator, mercifully this will be a one term presidency!

Once this President is out of office, "The Donald," his family and Trump Enterprises will be facing one criminal case after another for the next decade - I seriously doubt Melania will be there on "visiting days" when he's in prison!

19. HowRU?

HowRU? New Member

+14
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Most of the rational posted here for dropping the impeachment efforts, e.g. there’s not enough time left, are better reasons than Mrs. Pelosi gave. “He’s not worth it.” ... Really? If President Trump is such a detriment to the nation, it would be worth the effort right to the end. The nation is worth it, right?
    Am I reading her motive wrong here?
    So she’s saying that he’s not worth the effort to do harm to, continue to thwart, etc? Very interesting way for her to phrase it.

20. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+1,385
    Methodist
    Speaker Pelosi appears to be more than a match for her "narcissistic" opponent in the White House - there is nothing that would infuriate "The Donald's" insatiable ego more than her public statement that "he's not worth it!"

While the average President would be relieved that the Speaker was not intent on his "impeachment," Donald J. would deeply resent being deprived of his opportunity to be placed on this pedestal, making him the centre of national and world attention!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List