✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nancy Pelosi says impeachment of Trump 'just not worth it'

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she doesn’t support impeaching President Trump, dealing a major setback to the anti-Trump resistance that has clamored for House Democrats to take the politically charged step.

Mrs. Pelosi, in an interview with The Washington Post Magazine released Monday, said that while she doubts Mr. Trump’s fitness for office, impeaching him would be too divisive.

“I’m not for impeachment,” she told the magazine, adding she was aware she was breaking news with the announcement. “Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. And he’s just not worth it.”

Mrs. Pelosi had been trying to tamp down impeachment talk within her ranks for months, but she has had only moderate success.

More at link:
Nancy Pelosi rules out impeaching Donald Trump as 'so divisive' - Washington Times

Poster note: Is Madame Speaker basically saying Trump is not worth the effort?

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He only has like a year left of his term so I'm not even sure what impeaching him at this point would accomplish anyway.
That and there needs to actually be something to draft articles of impeachment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EpiscipalMe

Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
There is no point to starting impeachment proceedings now - Mueller and Congressional investigations are still ongoing. By the time they wrap up, it will be too close to the election to bother.

I imagine there will be a bigger push for impeachment if he gets re-elected.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Senate is never going to remove him, so why waste the time on impeachment proceedings.
Something the Republicans learned in 1999. You better have some evidence to remove a President.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree with her. Trying to impeach Clinton was divisive. At this point, selling impeachment to the American public is bound to be seen as partisanship.

• Agree
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Arguably, impeaching Bill Clinton got him re-elected.

Of course, most people just thought it was a witch hunt. They might have thought less of Clinton, but they thought even less of Ken Starr.

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Nancy Pelosi says impeachment of Trump 'just not worth it'

Without 60 votes in the Senate, there would be no point in impeaching this President unless there is bipartisan support - if the 2018 Interims were any indicator, mercifully this will be a one term presidency!

Once this President is out of office, "The Donald," his family and Trump Enterprises will be facing one criminal case after another for the next decade - I seriously doubt Melania will be there on "visiting days" when he's in prison!

Upvote 0

HowRU?

Dec 2, 2016
Houston
✟31,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Most of the rational posted here for dropping the impeachment efforts, e.g. there’s not enough time left, are better reasons than Mrs. Pelosi gave. “He’s not worth it.” ... Really? If President Trump is such a detriment to the nation, it would be worth the effort right to the end. The nation is worth it, right?
Am I reading her motive wrong here?
So she’s saying that he’s not worth the effort to do harm to, continue to thwart, etc? Very interesting way for her to phrase it.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Most of the rational posted here for dropping the impeachment efforts, e.g. there’s not enough time left, are better reasons than Mrs. Pelosi gave. “He’s not worth it.” ... Really? If President Trump is such a detriment to the nation, it would be worth the effort right to the end. The nation is worth it, right?
Am I reading her motive wrong here?
So she’s saying that he’s not worth the effort to do harm to, continue to thwart, etc? Very interesting way for her to phrase it.
Speaker Pelosi appears to be more than a match for her "narcissistic" opponent in the White House - there is nothing that would infuriate "The Donald's" insatiable ego more than her public statement that "he's not worth it!"

While the average President would be relieved that the Speaker was not intent on his "impeachment," Donald J. would deeply resent being deprived of his opportunity to be placed on this pedestal, making him the centre of national and world attention!

Last edited:
Upvote 0