• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Nancy Pelosi insults members of her own party

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:20 AM.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,833
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Since then, Pelosi has made several dismissive remarks about Ocasio-Cortez, calling her Green New Deal “the Green Dream or whatever,” and suggesting that a “glass of water” running as a Democrat could win in districts as liberal as hers.
    Personal opinion, I think the infighting is on the increase and it jeopardizes the party. The strong and entrenched vs the very vocal newbies.

Should be interesting to watch.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. DavidPT

DavidPT Premil, the correct position of course

+673
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    And I hope it continues and intensifies even further. Should make Trumps re election even easier. But not that I care for Trump though. But compared to all of the Dems running against him, he is clearly the better choice. The same was true when Hillary ran against him. I wish we had far better choices to choose from and that none of these idiots were running for this office, including Trump. But it is what it is, so not much one can do about it.

3. SavedByGrace3

SavedByGrace3 Whoever calls on the name of Jesus will be saved Supporter

+1,084
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    It is inevitable. Any political party, social group, even church that goes over the deep end with their policies will turn on their own. They will start to out radical each other. "More radical than thou." The Democrat are there now. The older more savvy leaders are seeing this and trying to pull back on the reigns. I think it is too late. Look at their candidates for President. Not one of them is electable. They will twist toward the most radical lest they be adjudicated a NAZI right winger. The policies they are all promoting are horrid and the vast majority of Americans will reject their extremism. The party will then attack their own supporters as being "deplorable" "racists" and "sexist." It is already over.
    Go ahead and hold the election and make it official. Trump is a two term President.
    (BTW, I wanted Carson and only voted for Trump because the alternative would have destroyed the country.. as would any of their current candidates)

4. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+5,140
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The Speaker has an issue with 4 House members and the end is near. ^_^
    It's amazing how much attention these 4 members get from their ideological counterparts on the right.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+6,190
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    There is hope. Kasich has left the door open for 2020. :clap:

6. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+6,190
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The insurgency has reached the very government. :eek:

7. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+1,922
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    This is silly. It is normal and healthy for individuals in a political party to disagree and argue over policy. What would be scary is if, in a two party system, all of the individuals in one party had homogeneous beliefs and policies. That would indicate dangerous authoritarianism. Are you aware of how much the founding fathers argued over policies and political philosophy?

8. archarios

archarios New Member

+67
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    [Post edited to avoid offending persons of a particular political viewpoint.]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 8:12 AM
  9. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+5,140
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    What is "smart" about my comments? Is it not true that all the drama revolves around 4 Members of the House?

10. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+14,427
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Is that a clear and obvious sign of a fractured party? A party leader who insults other members of their same side?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven "After all this time?" Always.

+10,845
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    Do you mean like the majority of Republicans when they all "Yes Man" Trump and fervently defend him, no matter how vicious and offensive he is or what misleading and dishonest things he says?

12. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,833
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Except it is not their counter parts brining it up. It is there own party

13. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+1,922
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Actually I was thinking of other authoritarian regimes but now that you mention it....

14. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+1,042
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Your ”concern” for the Democratic Party’s health is touching.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,833
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    As is yours

16. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,833
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
  17. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,722
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+1,042
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Mea culpa, I only became a Democrat in 2018, having been Republican since 1980.

19. Rion

Rion Annuit Cœptis Supporter

+6,196
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    Well, she's not wrong.

Anyhow:

oroboros.gif

20. tampasteve

tampasteve Lutheran Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,058
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    MOD HAT ON

This thread has had a clean of several flaming and goading posts. Please do not goad/flame.

MOD HAT OFF