• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy Pelosi: "I am going to stick with fellow Catholics" by supporting Obama in...

Discussion in 'OBOB General Politics Forum' started by Michie, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Michie

Michie Perch Perkins. Catholic reporter. ;) Supporter

+19,617
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. AMDG

AMDG Tenderized for Christ

+1,224
    Catholic
    Married
    Heard a poor woman all confused about this call into a Catholic radio station. She was told that although Pelosi *calls* herself a Catholic, she has effectively excommunicated herself because of her stand when she ignored her Bishop. Woman was also told that the time the Pope agreed to meet with her, he made it clear that it was *only* because of her political office. There wasn't even the usual "photo op".

The woman said that she still believes that the Church should make it clear that Pelosi *does not* speak for Catholics.

3. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+6,125
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I am fed up to the teeth with this wedge issue.

President Obama is throwing a bone to the feminists. But I would bet that he could cave on this demand and still please the feminists if he switched positions in the next election, making Hillary his VP and Biden Secretary of State. Biden has lots of foreign policy experience (as evidenced by the amazing successes in foreign policy in this administration.)

Hillary is connected with the most successful and popular President in recent history (before Bush set the US on the path to ruin.)

She's as smart as all get out, and feminists love her.

So please, President Obama, jettison this peripheral problem and get Hillary on board for Veep.

4. Vasallus

Vasallus Well-Known Member

+99
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    It's too late for Obama to save face. He's exposed himself for what he is. Even if this decision is reversed, everyone will know it's what he really wanted, and any reversal is strictly a political move. How any Catholic could possibly vote for this idiot is beyond me.

5. Fantine

+6,125
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    He's exposed himself for "what he really is."

And the Catholic bishops have exposed who they really are to the nation as a whole.

They have exposed their real goal: not only ending abortion, but ending birth control and sterilization.

Sure you're cheering--you agree with them.

But in the most conservative states in the country--Mississippi and Colorado-initiatives that put the availability of birth control at risk were defeated by margins of something like 72%-28%.

Could the President be crazy like a fox? The more loudly the bishops protest, the more they are seen as members of a dangerous fringe, clearly out of the mainstream....

In being against abortion, they hold a position shared by perhaps 50% of the nation...

By being against birth control, they couldn't even get a 30% approval rating in Mississippi.

Why does this matter? Because the more they are seen as people on the fringe, the less they are listened to...

Every day this battle goes on, they marginalize themselves and lose some influence.

So maybe Obama is crazy like a fox.

6. Michie

Michie Perch Perkins. Catholic reporter. ;) Supporter

+19,617
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Nancy Pelosi deserves to be taken seriously. Very seriously...
    In March 2010, I expressed the view that Nancy Pelosi’s protracted and public anti-life conduct, which she repeatedly justifies with (twisted takes on) the Catholic faith, sufficed, in my view, to bring about her debarment from the reception of holy Communion under Canon 915.

7. Vasallus

+99
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    I don't think the bishops give a crap what their approval rating is. Nor do I.

8. Fantine

+6,125
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    But if their aim is to discredit and hurt Obama, they may be playing into his hands.

If they just want to loudly proclaim the truth, even if it will ultimately help the Obama campaign, I applaud them.

I might even give them a microphone.

9. Vasallus

+99
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    Their aim is to hold fast to Catholic doctrine. You think they care about discrediting a secular leader? Wow.

10. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+1,539
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh, dear....I see Nancy has gone off her medication again, and she's started seeing things that aren't really there. (sigh)

When are they finally going to institutionalize that woman so she can get the 'round-the-clock care and supervision she needs? Letting her run around on her own, she's only a danger to herself and others.....she needs to be in a nice, safe sanitorium.

11. AMDG

AMDG Tenderized for Christ

+1,224
    Catholic
    Married
    ^_^