• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Names of God Game

Discussion in 'Word Games' started by ZiSunka, Jul 24, 2002.

1. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    In a twist on the Name Game, et al, let's do a list of the names of God, one at a time with the Bible verse that name comes from. 

I'll start:

Everlasting Father (Isaiah 9:6)

Next

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. DeleseRose

DeleseRose DeleseRose

+192
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I recieved an e-mail the other day withthe names and titles of christ. So this will b easy 4 me. :)

Adam------1 cor 15:45

3. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+10
  4. A Sheep

A Sheep Stop the suffering in Iraq

+1
    (only) Ruler; King of Kings; Lord of Lords.

(1Ti 6:15) At the right time God will make him known. He is the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords.

5. A Sheep

+1
    Alpha and Omega; the Almighty.

(Rev 1:8) "I am the Alpha and the Omega," declares the Lord God, the one who is, who was, and who is coming, the Almighty.

6. A Sheep

+1
    Love

(1Jo 4:8) The person who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

7. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+10
  8. DeleseRose

DeleseRose DeleseRose

+192
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Advocate------1 john 2:1 My little children, these things write i unto u that ye sin not. And if anyman sin, we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

9. DeleseRose

DeleseRose DeleseRose

+192
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Almighty----------Rev1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, saith the Lord, which is to come, the Almighty.

10. DeleseRose

DeleseRose DeleseRose

+192
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Amen-------- rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the laodicens write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witnesses, the beginning and creation of God.

11. ZiSunka

+276
    Christian
    Emmanuel

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
    Matthew 1:23

12. DeleseRose

DeleseRose DeleseRose

+192
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Apostle of our profession-------Heb3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Jesus Christ.

13. ZiSunka

+276
    Christian
    Lamb of God

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29

14. ZiSunka

+276
    Christian
    Creator

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. Isaiah 40:28

15. DeleseRose

DeleseRose DeleseRose

+192
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Arm of the Lord-----------Isaiah 51:9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that had cut rahab, and wounded the dragon?

k, i don't want 2 hog the thread i'll give everyone else a chance to post, but i'll check back later tonight.

16. ZiSunka

+276
    Christian
    Son of Man

The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' But wisdom is justified by her children." Matthew 11:19

17. DeleseRose

DeleseRose DeleseRose

+192
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Grrrrrrreat idea lamb, it's about time we get spiritual in here. U have earned some of my blessings. Good to see u sheep.

18. ZiSunka

+276
    Christian
    There are so many names, I don't think anyone will be able to hog the thread!

19. ZiSunka

+276
    Christian
    Shield

Behold, God our Shield, Look at the face of your anointed. Psalm 84:9

20. DeleseRose

DeleseRose DeleseRose

+192
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Author and Finisher of our Faith---------heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith; who for the that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of GOD.