N. Korea, Not Trump, Correct on Failed Summit: US Official

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
North Korea soon pushed back, with its foreign minister, Ri Yong Ho, saying, "We offered a realistic proposal," which, in his words, was a dismantling of the Yongbyon nuclear complex in exchange for a partial lifting of sanctions that affected civilians; Ri also said the North would ink an agreement that ended for good his country's nuclear and ICBM tests. Now, thanks to some clarification from a US State Department official on which side is telling the truth: "In this case, it seems that the North Koreans are," per the AP.

US official on summit split: North Korea is accurate, not Trump

Congratulations, USA, you now have a president that appears less trustworthy than the north korean foreign minister.

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps, I read your post about Americans, and TP, now this. What is your problem with the United States?
I thought you usually don't reply to atheists?

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps, I read your post about Americans, and TP, now this. What is your problem with the United States?
What we should really be asking is what is wrong with the United States.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There was also an unnamed source that said Kim lost best-two-out-of-three game of Rock Paper Scissors.

Judging my his haircut, I’ma guess he lost to scissors.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Sorry. I stopped listening to anonymous sources a long time ago. That's where the Russian collusion story came from.
The Russian collusion story was fabricated by the Right as an attempt to discredit the Mueller investigation. Donny and his minions are hardly an "anonymous source."

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Russian collusion story was fabricated by the Right as an attempt to discredit the Mueller investigation. Donny and his minions are hardly an "anonymous source."

So is it now that the Russian collusion hoax was created by the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy? For what?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So is it now that the Russian collusion hoax was created by the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy? For what?
To discredit the Mueller investigation, as I said. The Right has to paint it as about nothing but "getting Trump." That way when no collusion is found and Mueller can't "get Trump" the actual results of Mueller's work can be ignored or swept under the rug as the product of a failed investigation. The giveaway is that Trump and his cronies specifically and narrowly deny his "collusion" as if that was Mueller's sole target.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Sorry. I stopped listening to anonymous sources a long time ago. That's where the Russian collusion story came from.
Do I have permission to quote you on that?

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
To discredit the Mueller investigation, as I said. The Right has to paint it as about nothing but "getting Trump." That way when no collusion is found and Mueller can't "get Trump" the actual results of Mueller's work can be ignored or swept under the rug as the product of a failed investigation. The giveaway is that Trump and his cronies specifically and narrowly deny his "collusion" as if that was Mueller's sole target.

So tell us now what Mueller's targets are.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
North Korea soon pushed back, with its foreign minister, Ri Yong Ho, saying, "We offered a realistic proposal," which, in his words, was a dismantling of the Yongbyon nuclear complex in exchange for a partial lifting of sanctions that affected civilians; Ri also said the North would ink an agreement that ended for good his country's nuclear and ICBM tests.

Can a Trump Supporter chime in and explain to me why the above would be a bad deal?

I feel the GOP is beset by long term Strategic Mistakes for the sake of cool sounding short term sound bytes.

Take ObamaCare. The GOP thumped its chest for almost an entire decade about how awful Obamacare was and how they had a better solution... in fact that the healthcare solution was an easy solution... and then when it came time to put up or shut up the GOP embarrassed themselves with their impotence and incompetence...

For years, the GOP thumped its chest about how the US foreign policy was "weak" and how we were "losing" with bad trade deals and how Obama wasn't "Strong enough" to deal with the NK problem and how we shouldn't even meet with NK until they FIRST agree to all of our preconditions to include nuclear disarmament... ANd then the GOP is in charge and lo and behold international politics is harder than they thought and they keep getting egg all over their face...

It is my sincere belief that the GOP simply has no clue how to lead. They have become an obstructionist party that likes to sit on the sideline and brag about how awesome they are and how easy it is to solve the problem "if only they were in charge...". Their only skillset is discrediting and denying Dems... Because when the GOP "finally" is in charge, #1) they forgo their principles and #2) they put forth horrifically bad policies that either get hung up in Congress or outright fail.

What is my solution?

Stop trying to apply simple kindergarten solutions to complex problems. Use math, data, and analysis to craft longterm strategic solutions. Stop engaging in short term rhetoric that shoots all your long term solutions in the foot. Stop giving in to emotional gratification.

Think back over the last two years... Wasn't it so emotionally gratifying for our President to be calling NK names and insulting Mexico and thumbing our noses at our allies and putting them in their place. Now, look at the problems we are having on all fronts: Trade, Foreign Policy, Tariffs, the wall etc.

BE STRATEGIC THINKERS AND NOT EMOTIONAL MAN-BABIES!

You want to build a wall across the border. The "Strategic" solution is to "first" build walls at all high traffic areas, then use the data to show that it works. Next is to build walls at all secondary high traffic areas then use the data to show that that works. Next is to build walls at all tertiary traffic points and again show the data that it works. Keep going and within a decade you've got your wall. But no. Can't do that. Better to cut your nose to spite your face, insult Mexico, insult all latin american countries, insult the Dems, tell the Dems they aren't Americans and that they side with rapist-drug-dealing-sex traffickers, then try to ram the entire wall down their throats!!!

There is the phrase "We are playing checkers while they are playing chess..."
Well the reality is the GOP has been playing emotional based blind tic-tac-toe while all their opponents are playing chess...

As a whole, the GOP needs to just adhere to their principles and stop putting party above country. Stop treating the Dems as if they are the Russians you know because there ARE ACTUAL RUSSIANS YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT!!!!

Ugghhh!!!! We really are in bizarro land when the GOP are the ones defending Russia to the American Public and it is the Dems that are more concerned about National Security... What's next, the GOP trying to pass legislation making abortions mandatory if you aren't married?

Upvote 0