mysterious connection to other born again Christians.

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I met other Christians before I even know they are Christians I can feel a connection, and the Holy Spirit starts becoming of fire (A good fire). Its like as I get closer a mysterious bubble surrounds us and merges.

I know not to base everything off feelings. but its quite interesting how God seems to be using it to help fellowship with others. It can also help me preach the gospel to the lost so I know who needs help.

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do know what you mean to a certain extent. I don't feel a mysterious bubble, but I just get a sense that someone else is saved. I think for me it's a persons eyes that reveal what is going on in their soul.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟437,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
mysterious connection to other born again Christians

Yes …
It is the Spirit of God, in us … that 'connects' us … with the Spirit of God, in others.

The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, …
(Romans 8:16)

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I met other Christians before I even know they are Christians I can feel a connection, and the Holy Spirit starts becoming of fire (A good fire). Its like as I get closer a mysterious bubble surrounds us and merges.

I know not to base everything off feelings. but its quite interesting how God seems to be using it to help fellowship with others. It can also help me preach the gospel to the lost so I know who needs help.

I do believe some have that gift. I started a thread somewhere asking if others had experienced this (I don't have the gift but ran into two people who seemed to). Very cool.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My mom seems to be very good at this. She can be at the store and sense that a cashier or another shopper might be a Christian. Without fail, everyone she does ask confirms that they really are. I think she does base it somewhat on observing how they interact with others.

For myself, I'm sometimes right but not always. I have a good friend that I initially thought was probably saved, but now that I've gotten to know him better I'm fairly confident he's not. Though he does have some kind of joy, so I often wonder where it comes from...? I have to ask about that on another forum.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

When Elizabeth was pregnant and Mary came to visit the baby in Elizabeths womb lept with joy...….
Luke 1:41
41When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42In a loud voice she exclaimed, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!…

This definitely had to have been a spiritual connection because the unborn child would have no way of having carnal knowledge of who Jesus was.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me, I can sense someone's genuine-ness of heart. In recent events on YouTube I've been defending the faith of those who are Christians and exposing darkness of those who claim to be christians (wolves in sheep's clothing). I am also able sense evil spirits, oppression and tension. This is also how God has guided me throughout my life, and still does to this day.
I believe we all have a level of discernment as it is how we are able to read the Bible with the Holy Spirit to receive understanding.

It's quite the thing to experience because one must be very careful and have discernment to "see" someone who is making progress with their faith in God. Or in other words, "see" the measurement of faith they have: Romans 12:3 and Ephesians 4:7
This is also all in accordance to how we should function in the body of Christ.
:yellowheart:

• Agree
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As others have pointed out, it isn't just with believers that you can sometimes sense things like that. Sometimes the Holy Spirit is nudging you or bringing attention to something regarding someone else.

Just the other day, I crossed paths with someone and my soul reacted strongly to them even though we barely interacted. I tried to discern what was going on, and for various reasons came to the conclusion that it was the Holy Spirit warning me to keep my distance.

Also, with a close friend (who isn't saved yet) the first time we met it was like the Holy Spirit pointed to him and said to me "See? He is the reason I have you at this miserable workplace. God has a plan for his life and you're a part of that plan." I didn't hear that audibly, of course, but answered prayers and events that followed have convinced me that I heard correctly.

How do we describe the voice of the Holy Spirit? Like a gentle whisper? An intruding thought? A certain feeling? Early Chinese Christians called the Holy Spirit "the Cool Breeze"... It's something that's more or less impossible to explain to unbelievers. They want physical evidence for everything, but the Holy Spirit is spiritual and almost never in physical form. So to the unsaved it sounds like we're just describing our own emotions or our conscience, when it's actually something deeper and more mysterious and independent of ourselves. The conviction of the Holy Spirit is His loudest voice, I believe.

The best way to describe it would be our own reaction to sin. Even if we engage in a sinful behavior, we hate it and possibly hate ourselves, too, afterwards. This simply isn't the case for the vast majority of unbelievers. If they get away with sin and can continue on with life as normal, they're convinced that they're the smartest people alive and feel great about themselves. Engaging in sin and getting away with it is the same kind of victory that conquering a sin and putting it away for good is for a Christian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

I love this! And I feel like when talking to other born again christians I feel very light. Normally when spending time with non-christians I feel usually very heavy sooner or later. I love this connection with other born again christians.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes …
It is the Spirit of God, in us … that 'connects' us … with the Spirit of God, in others.

The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, …
(Romans 8:16)
Exactly.

But I don’t feel that with every Christian, and it only happens when discussing things of God, and not the weather or sports, etc.

Maranatha

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

I have been engulfed in this Bubble.
It is as if people around, or walking by don't notice you, and you really
are not concerned anyway about passers by.
You look at the person, and you can see a clear substance shielding from interruption.
I have experienced it a couple of times when receiving a prophetic Word.
You are the first person I have heard mention it.
The first time I received it in Tongues, the second time I had already had the Baptism of the Holy Spirt, so I understood clearly what I was being told.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
How many here know when strong evil is near?
Sometimes you will get sick to your stomach and just know what they are.
My Wife has, and I know the evil is near but only slightly was sickened.
A week ago I looked over at some people and got hit hard.
I became sick the evil was so intense.
I have been around people clearly possessed, and not felt the evil this strong.
I have known that someone was a child molester clearly as soon as I looked at them.
This evil was darker, and knew I was in Christ.

These are strange times indeed.
There are other things I see but will not mention now.
I would like to hear what others are experiencing.

Upvote 0