✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is the email I just received from an Orthodox Priest:

Dear Brethren,

God bless you!

I apologize that this info below is not too timely. there was a notice left at the church Sunday morning. I got this more complete schedule later. I do not personally know much about this icon, but venerating any Orthodox Icon is a blessing.

Here is the schedule for visiting myrrh-streaming icon of The Most Holy Theotokos "The Softener of Angry Hearts" from Russia in our nearby areas. This icon started to release myrrh at the time when new patriarch of Russia was elected.

Oct. 8- Holy Transfiguration Cathedral in L.A.- 8:30 a.m (During Liturgy for St. Sergious of Radonezh)

Oct. 8- Holy Virgin Cathedral (Geary Blvd.) in San Francisco- at 7 p.m. (Akathist)

Sorry, I do not have any addresses for these two churches.
I think they are both ROCOR.
Does anyone know where Holy Transfiguration Cathedral is located?

Reactions: andreha

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Holy Transfiguration Cathedral

5436 Fernwood Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027-5603
(323) 957-1614

Get directions
maps.google.com

Here is another email I received:

Hi everyone,

Enclosed is the Los Angeles schedule for the myrrh streaming icon of the Theotokos, the softener of hearts, that will be in town this week. It is from Moscow and this is the first time ever that it will be in the US. What a blessing and gift for us all! If you want more information on the icon see the website for St. John of Kronstadt Church at www.orthodox-sandiego.net. This is a different icon of the Theotokos than the one that was in town last year from Hawaii (to learn more about that one see www.orthodoxhawaii.org ). I hope, God willing, to go and wanted to share this info with you. I don't have time to contact everyone I'd like so please spread the word. Just in case you didn't know, all but one of these churches are Russian Old Calendar and women's attire is similar to women's attire at a monastery (head scarfs and long skirts - some of the churches, Holy Transfiguration Cathedral for sure, have extra head scarfs and some skirts for anyone who forgets to wear one). Also, parking is very difficult so carpooling would be a great idea.
May God bless you.
Sincerely,
C

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I will try to go to Holy Transfiguration Cathedral tomorrow morning and see if I can get the complete schedule for the USA visit. If anyone can check with their local churches especially the ROCOR and OCA churches, that may help. Please post any new schedules here.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It s coming to my city on Saturday, parish plans to go to venerate it.I have to work. I am trying not to be angry.:)

You can always ask others to grab a cotton ball or two that is saturated with the miraculous myrrh that gushes forth. It is truly a miracle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Julina

Veteran
Apr 14, 2008
New Joisey
Visit site
✟18,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
When it comes to myrhh gushing icons and relics, does anyone know what it means? What are the possible interpretations?
From OrthodoxWiki:

Some saints and icons are called "Myrrh-flowing," "Myrrh-streaming," "Myrrh-gushing" or "Myroblete" which indicates that the relics or icon exudes the holy and sweet-smelling oil. The oil is often miraculous. "This wonder of myrrh has been given to the holy relics in order to indicate that Christians are truly 'a sweet-savour of Christ unto God' (II Corinthians 2:15), sweet-smelling to God and to heaven. The truth of the Gospel is that the sin of man is a foul odor before God and every sin pleases the devil. Through the holy mysteries and holy virtues, Christians become 'a sweet-savour of Christ unto God.' For this reason, then, the holy relics of the Saints pour forth myrrh."1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Another miraculous fact about myrrh-gushing relics and Icons of the saints is that the aromatic odor often changes. One time it may smell like delicate roses, another time like wisteria, and then the next time like a beautiful bouquet of flowers that cannot be described or identified, except to say it is heavenly.

I took a cotton ball filled with fragrant myrrh to a cloistered convent of Catholic nuns several years ago. The prioress said that she was allergic to flowers and was sure that she was going to have an asthma attack. I told her that she could not have an allergic reaction since the aroma was heavenly as it came from the Icon of our Lady the Theokotos. We talked for about an hour, and several times she was very apprehensive and concerned that she might have an attack. Each time I calmed her down. After an hour she left taking the cotton ball and blessed icon print for the nuns to venerate, but that feared asthma attack never materialized.

Glory to Jesus Christ.
Glory forever!

Last edited:
Upvote 0