✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I got something:

Prior to the Fall, the universe ran on perpetual motion.

I believe that before the Fall people's right ears and left ears were on the opposite sides of their head wherein the left was on the right side and the right on the left. I also believe that before the Fall dogs' fur grew down from the air above them into their skin rather than out of their skin.

I also believe that kangaroos had 18 fingers on each hand (paw if you will). And they could, if pianos had existed, play expertly.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Do you seriously believe all that stuff?

No?

Mind if I don't either?
Yet ironically it is only slightly more, and in some cases actually less, bizarre than your beliefs. Mere belief is not a valid road to the truth.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yet ironically it is only slightly more, and in some cases actually less, bizarre than your beliefs. Mere belief is not a valid road to the truth.
Truth is stranger than fiction, isn't it?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Absurdly false? Really? LOL

Special pleading.
Not in any way. Noting that the DSP is very biblically sound is nothing like special pleading.

I love it when people denigrate things they have no experience of. If you had come from the position of having actually taken a philosophy class and actually were able to explain why you reject just portions of these topics it would be much more impressive.
We get the occasional fragrance of modern so called philosophy here actually. I am familiar with the scent. Not pretty. Rather than express a general reverence and worship for it, might I suggest that you try to offer some bit of it and show how it is wise and applicable, rather than droning on in such a cranky manner? I mean, maybe you took a philosophy class or something and think you really did something..whooopee do.
Instead you heap scorn out of what appears to be nearly universal ignorance of any of the topics that touch on your position.
False. I do destroy the side of the issues that are godless faith based indefensible nonsense. This I do with glee. Such is discussion and debate of ideas and evidences.
And I'm the one who is being absurd?
Amen.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I got something:

Prior to the Fall, the universe ran on perpetual motion.

What you've got is another unsupported claim.

Seriously, why do you guys bother with this if you are never able to support your claims? What do you think it's gonna do? Do you think my opinion is going to be swayed by your say-so?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
False. Pathetically explained by a present nature.

Okay then. Perhaps you can tell me...

If we assume a present state in the past, what conclusions does it lead to that are incompatible with what we see today?

Please note that you once again complaining that science does not know is not an example. I want something like, "If there was a present state past, then there must be situation X, but since there is no situation X, we know that a present state past is impossible."

Who cares about foolish what if scenarios that religiously try to prop up a same state past belief which runs against the very words of God?

Oh, I love it when you guys use the term "religion" as a way to insult science. Because religious belief is a bad thing, is that it?

Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay then. Perhaps you can tell me...

If we assume a present state in the past, what conclusions does it lead to that are incompatible with what we see today?
That depends if we are from a religion who's main tenet is looking at all evidences as if they were compatible with one's fantasy state as science does.

For the reasonable, fair and open minded person, what we see about the past in Scripture and even ancient history is not really very compatible with the current nature. It may be compatible to make the universe as small as a speck of dust at one time, in order to make it compatible with earth nature....but such foolishness has too long been falsely called science. The folks who teach that the universe was such a tiny hot soup in the past, also think that they share ancestors with worms! The descent into insanity and darkness has no end once they take leave of reason.

Oh, I love it when you guys use the term "religion" as a way to insult science. Because religious belief is a bad thing, is that it?
Religions are a dime a dozen. The belief in the One True creator God is unique.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That depends if we are from a religion who's main tenet is looking at all evidences as if they were compatible with one's fantasy state as science does.

No, it depends on whether or not it agrees with what you have decided is true.

If it agrees with you, then it is good religion. If it disagrees with you, then it is bad religion.

For the reasonable, fair and open minded person, what we see about the past in Scripture and even ancient history is not really very compatible with the current nature. It may be compatible to make the universe as small as a speck of dust at one time, in order to make it compatible with earth nature....but such foolishness has too long been falsely called science. The folks who teach that the universe was such a tiny hot soup in the past, also think that they share ancestors with worms! The descent into insanity and darkness has no end once they take leave of reason.

Once again, you betray your ignorance of the things you speak about.

And once again, all you have is name calling and insults for the things you disagree with, INSTEAD of any actual argument.

Religions are a dime a dozen. The belief in the One True creator God is unique.

Yeah, it's only Christianity that has a belief in a creator deity, isn't it? No one else has that! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, it depends on whether or not it agrees with what you have decided is true.
What people decide is true depends on what god they decide to love. The issue here is not what we decide, but what facts we can bring to bear in the field of battle.

Once again, you betray your ignorance of the things you speak about.
Or yours.
Yeah, it's only Christianity that has a belief in a creator deity, isn't it? No one else has that! :rolleyes:
Name any other that knows the Guy that created?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What people decide is true depends on what god they decide to love.

So science is a god now?

What about Christians who are scientists? Do they worship two gods?

The issue here is not what we decide, but what facts we can bring to bear in the field of battle.

The issue is what ideas can be shown to produce accurate results.

Or yours.

I disagree with you, so you call me ignorant.

So mature, dad.

Name any other that knows the Guy that created?

No.

You see, what will happen is I'll give you a list of creator deities from numerous religions. And you'll just go through and claim that they don't count, because they aren't really the "guy that created" according to you.

So I don't see the point in wasting my time.

Unless of course you are saying that there are no religions other than Christianity that have a creator God, in which case I'll be happy to prove you wrong.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So science is a god now?
The point was that if people reject God, they believe lies.
What about Christians who are scientists? Do they worship two gods?
Yes.

The issue is what ideas can be shown to produce accurate results.
You have no accurate results from a first lifeform, or the big bang creation of the universe.

You see, what will happen is I'll give you a list of creator deities from numerous religions. And you'll just go through and claim that they don't count, because they aren't really the "guy that created" according to you.
Did anyone know any of them like we know Jesus? No. They don't say Mohamed created do they?

Unless of course you are saying that there are no religions other than Christianity that have a creator God,
Not one people knew.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The point was that if people reject God, they believe lies.

ANother one of your unsupported claims.

Yah huh, okay then.

You have no accurate results from a first lifeform, or the big bang creation of the universe.

Science has theories which makes predictions that are matched by what we find in reality.

And I'm using the word "theory" in a scientific sense here, so don't try to weasel out of it like that.

Did anyone know any of them like we know Jesus? No. They don't say Mohamed created do they?

Wow, if you think Mohamed is the creator according to Islam, you really don't know anything about Islam. No wonder you didn't know they worship the same god as you.

Not one people knew.

So you are telling me that in all the religions of the world, only Christianity speaks about a God who both created things AND was known to humans?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Science has theories which makes predictions that are matched by what we find in reality.
Great..name one.
And I'm using the word "theory" in a scientific sense here, so don't try to weasel out of it like that.
Fable is the right word.

Wow, if you think Mohamed is the creator according to Islam, you really don't know anything about Islam. No wonder you didn't know they worship the same god as you.
Read what was said. I asked if any other religion KNOWS the creator as we know Jesus.

So you are telling me that in all the religions of the world, only Christianity speaks about a God who both created things AND was known to humans?

Yes.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Great..name one.

Evolution.

Fable is the right word.

Then why does it match reality if it is wrong?

Read what was said. I asked if any other religion KNOWS the creator as we know Jesus.

Wait, are you actually asking me if there are any non-Christian religions that are Christianity? REALLY?

And once again, you start with the assumption that you MUST be correct. There's that arrogance.

*coughIslamandAllahwhospokewithMohammedcough*

Once again, you demonstrate for all to see that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Evolution.
Name one then that evolution predicts that relates to ancient supposed ancestors.

Then why does it match reality if it is wrong?
Your reality?

Wait, are you actually asking me if there are any non-Christian religions that are Christianity? REALLY?

And once again, you start with the assumption that you MUST be correct. There's that arrogance.
No. I was noting that we know the Guy personally. Name another creation believing religion that knows the creator and met Him?

*coughIslamandAllahwhospokewithMohammedcough*
You thought Mohamed claimed to have created the world?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Name one then that evolution predicts that relates to ancient supposed ancestors.

Evolution says that we all descended from earlier life forms. If this is true, we should see a nested hierarchy.

Guess what? That's exactly what we find. Genetic tests on different species can determine how different their genomes are, and thus we can determine how long ago any two species shared a common ancestor. And every single time we have done this, it has produced non-contradictory results.

Your reality?

The reality that anyone can go out and test.

No. I was noting that we know the Guy personally. Name another creation believing religion that knows the creator and met Him?

Why is that you standard by which to judge accuracy?

You thought Mohamed claimed to have created the world?

Are you incapable of comprehending English?

Mohammed received revelations from Allah. Allah created the universe according to Islam.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Evolution says that we all descended from earlier life forms.
Only on paper.
Kylie said:
If this is true, we should see a nested hierarchy.
Only on paper.
Kylie said:
Guess what?
You have paper?
Kylie said:
That's exactly what we find.
Suddenly "see" becomes "find" now?

If my marriage is true, I should see my wife in my house.

Guess what? I found my wife in my house!
Kylie said:
Genetic tests on different species can determine how different their genomes are,
Neat.
Kylie said:
... and thus we can determine how long ago any two species shared a common ancestor.
Only on paper.
Kylie said:
And every single time we have done this, it has produced non-contradictory results.
After how many tries?
Kylie said:
The reality that anyone can go out and test.
Just use the right software and calibrated equipment, right?
Kylie said:
Why is that you standard by which to judge accuracy?
What?
Kylie said:
Are you incapable of comprehending English?
If it's written right.
Kylie said:
Mohammed received revelations from Allah.
Mohammad is a false prophet; and Allah, if he exists, is a fallen angel.
Kylie said:
Allah created the universe according to Islam.
Do you believe that?

If not, may I not as well?

Upvote 0