✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
believes in "a fairy tale" here.

Those who do more have some grasp of the issues. In the post where I gave a good example of the fairy tale for example I bolded certain parts. Anyone capable of discussing the reasons science makes those claims would be able to debate the issues. Instead we get some folks posting, who neither know nor care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Those who do more have some grasp of the issues. In the post where I gave a good example of the fairy tale for example I bolded certain parts. Anyone capable of discussing the reasons science makes those claims would be able to debate the issues. Instead we get some folks like you, who neither know nor care.

dad, you really should not make false claims about others. That is breaking of the Ninth Commandment. Now we all know that you did not understand the article that you linked. But if you ask me one question at a time on it I will gladly help you to understand it.

Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why would the belief that God had created an orderly universe make the Scripture wrong?
The order you envision does. The actual order doesn't.
Many scientists have carried out their research in the belief that the universe is governed by divinely appointed laws and that they are thinking God's thoughts after Him.
Get off their high little horse and have a cup of 'admit you don't know' I guess would be my advice to them.

You and dad are saying that the God that you worship, a God who is good, who cannot lie, who created a very good world and who so loved the world that he gave his Son to save the world, created a capricious and unpredictable universe, a terrifying universe without laws,
Nonsense, there are laws. But we may not need to conform them all to the temporary situation on earth and our solar system.
in which no measurement or calculation can be trusted, and where everything is subject to change at the whim of the creator.
The heavens you know will roll up like a scroll and be no more. Don't waste too much time memorizing them. In all your calculations, remember, Scripture is true. God created it all. Calculate accordingly.

Fear is the only rational response to such a universe and such a God.
We could work with that.

What will happen in the future is not the issue, and you might want to read Revelation chapters 6-20 before you start talking about lions eating grass and about a moon-sized golden city. We have to live in the universe as it is now, and the universe that you appear to believe in would be one in which science is impossible.
Current fishbowl science will be at most a little memory. Real science will take over. So, it is almost time to roll over Rover, and let actual science take over. The dark days of foolish godless daydreaming will be over.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
dad, you really should not make false claims about others. That is breaking of the Ninth Commandment. Now we all know that you did not understand the article that you linked. But if you ask me one question at a time on it I will gladly help you to understand it.
Comment on the bolded parts and the reasons science claims them if you can. Until then, your wacky false accusations and pretensions do not impress.

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟232,953.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
The order you envision does. The actual order doesn't.
Get off their high little horse and have a cup of 'admit you don't know' I guess would be my advice to them.

Nonsense, there are laws. But we may not need to conform them all to the temporary situation on earth and our solar system.
The heavens you know will roll up like a scroll and be no more. Don't waste too much time memorizing them. In all your calculations, remember, Scripture is true. God created it all. Calculate accordingly.

Current fishbowl science will be at most a little memory. Real science will take over. So, it is almost time to roll over Rover, and let actual science take over. The dark days of foolish godless daydreaming will be over.

This is the sort of thing that convinced me that there is no God.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is the sort of thing that convinced me that there is no God.
If you look to your comprehension and wisdom of the universe to find Jesus, that might not work so well I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Two important points. The unfolding of all we see here is in OUR time. However long anything takes is ONLY how long it takes in this timespace zone. That doesn't tell us about time in the stars!
Sure it does, haven't you heard of Einsteins Theory of General and Special Relativity?
Secondly, there is no distances that can be known unless time is homogeneous also. Your distances are fantasy. Imaginary. Invented, and belief based entirely. Sizes and mass etc also.
According to you, however reality says "Not So!" Sorry.... :D You should take the time to learn some science, my friend. Time isn’t homogeneous, however the underpinning principles to how time works in this universe is homogeneous.
Since you know NO sizes or distances you do not know really what is lensing what or how. It has been assumed that because in the solar system, gravity causes lensing of light, that this would be the cause everywhere. That is a leap of faith.
Nope, because we have quite a number of ways to find all of these issues out using Einsteins theories.
That may be a bigger question than we would deal with in the thread.
Well this discrepancy in epistemology is the very reason for this thread.
? Show us the way you get a distance by redshifting?
Sure. From Measuring the Distance to Nearby Galaxies , the mathematical equation is

Doppler_z.gif

where "lambda_0" is the rest wavelength of the radiation, and is "lambda_v" is the observed wavelength which has been shifted due to the radial motion between the object and the observer. It is common to use "delta_lambda" to represent the observed wavelength minus the rest wavelength. Wavelengths of optical light are usually measured in either Angstroms (1 Å = 10-10 m) or nanometers (1 nm = 10 -9 m).

In the data collected by Hubble, the characteristic absorption and emission line features in the spectrum due to hydrogen, calcium and other elements which appear at longer (redder) wavelengths than in a terrestrial laboratory. One can use the measured wavelengths of known spectral lines to determine the velocity of a galaxy. For example:

Absorption lines of hydrogen, normally measured to be at 4861Å and 6563Å, are measured in the spectrum of a particular galaxy to be at 4923Å and 6647Å.

The speed of light, c, has a constant value of 300,000 km/sec.

Therefore this galaxy has a redshift of

z = [(4923 - 4861) / 4861] and z = [(6647 - 6563) / 6563]
z = [62 / 4861] and z = [84 / 6563]
z = 0.01275

and the is moving away from us with a velocity, v = c * z = 300,000 km/sec * 0.01275 = 3826 km/sec

The Hubble Distance - Redshift Relationship
When Hubble plotted the redshift vs. the distance of the galaxies, he found a surprising relation: more distant galaxies are moving faster away from us. Hubble concluded that the fainter and smaller the galaxy, the more distant it is, and the faster it is moving away from us, or that the recessional velocity of a galaxy is proportional to its distance from us:

v = Ho d,

where v is the galaxy's velocity (in km/sec), d is the distance to the galaxy (in megaparsecs; 1 Mpc = 1 million parsecs), and Ho proportionality constant, called "The Hubble constant".

Don't take my word for it though, but go to the link I provided because it shows the diagrams and measurements taken (and plotted) as well as showing the redshifted absorption band in the spectra of the galaxies being measured. Heck, there's even a click-through exercise at the bottom where you'll be walked through calculating your own ages based on these observations! I dare you to do it!
That gives distance you thought?
Yep.
? These tell you what?
Distance. These tell us Distance, Dad. They tell us Distance in independent ways to all the other ways we can calculate Distance. These calculated distances correlate, despite coming to their results independently.
Using a swath of time and space hundreds of millions of miles long doesn't tell us about time or/and space far away.
Except that it Does because of Einstein's Theories of Relativity.
Name one. All depend on time. Accept it. Deal with it.
Parallax to a target doesn't deal with time (Parallax FROM a target does though, and we'll cover that for you in a moment. :D). Intensity in the brightness of a Type Ia Supernova doesn't deal with time. Spectroscopy doesn’t deal with time.
You see the problem? Look at that word HERE!
Nope, no problem. We recreated the circumstances HERE that match the exact same circumstances we see it happening THERE. so they match... if they match, then they are necessarily the same.
You assume what we see in stars equals things here. You assume a star can't be light without the sort of nuclear reactions we know here. You assume things about the distance and mass and size of stars. You assume things about the core and origin of stars. Together you have a pile of baseless godless religion.
Nope, one word Dad, SPECTROSCOPY! We can see what a star is made up of because of the light emitted, and more importantly, absorbed from a particular star/galaxy/supernova. We know exactly how redshifted the light is getting to us because of the very narrow bands of absorbed light we see. An example is on the webpage I linked earlier about calculating the Hubble Distance, go have another look at the Gif on that page cycling through each galaxy and the emitted & absorbed bands of light we observe.

Here’s another link that comprehensively shows the how and why of a spectrograph - Obtaining Astronomical Spectra- Spectrographs – it shows actual readings from a star and some galaxies – this link here at Types of Astronomical Spectra also shows further spectra readings from a number of interstellar sources and to boot, it also explains the differences in these emissions and what they mean (i.e. continuum, absorption and emission spectrums).

This page here is Great! Spectral Classes It shows an array of spectral classes and how to read them! You can examine the contents of the stars, their temperatures, sizes and life spans.

You’ll also find a spectral class summary and a luminosity class table there as well – tells you lots about what we know of stars.
Baloney. Give an example of any star that can only work if the distances you impose are correct!!! Why make such claims unless you know what you are talking about? Let's see the goods.
Any example to be honest, but let’s use SN1987a (yes, I used this because you referred to it, meaning there’s a chance you’ve already read up on it somewhat). See in particular, SN 1987A - Wikipedia where the article states the method by which we can measure the distance to the circumstellar ring surrounding the remnants of this star. We measure this independently of time btw…

Now, anything emitting light necessarily has time. If there wasn’t time then light wouldn’t emit and therefore we wouldn’t see it. We see it, so this isn’t the case. Next thing, if time wasn’t approximately the same as it is here, then the light we see leaving the star and arriving here would either be so redshifted or blue shifted as to be nearly invisible to us. This isn’t so, and therefore we can forget about that nonsense as well. So, with these points of fact under our belt, let’s see what we can work out… Everytime we see a star go supernova (and we see them all the time), the light spectrum luminosity output falls onto a bell curve over time. We also get an early warning in the form of gamma ray burst, in exactly the same way we do when a nuclear weapon is detonated. Remember, if time wasn’t a thing there, or was markedly different, then this output would be vastly different or non-existent/invisible to us. In particular, the spectrograph of absorbed light (ionised hydrogen and sulphur) would inevitably tell us how far redshifted or blueshifted our light source is, and therefore we can calculate using our predictive models accordingly. W can detect the decay of various highly unstable elements as predicted by Atomic Theory which we expect to be produced under our understood models of Supernovae. With SN1987a, we also have a number of other phenomena we can measure. The ring material from the stellar wind that preceded the supernova were also seen to have lit up with the light from the supernova 0.66 light years after the fact, which we observed from here. Again, if time was different or non-existent, we wouldn’t see the light reach this ring material in the spectrum we do – or we wouldn’t see it at all. If it’s your contention they’re very close and small, then the gravitational intensity wouldn’t be enough to collapse the star into fusing elements in the first place, let alone go supernova after exhausting enough of the elements it could fuse. Any process where light is given off is necessarily involving time.

For info, check out this page at Information from Astronomical Spectra – there’s a great summary in laypeople speak on what redshift/blueshifted spectrums mean, how we can tell the radial velocity, how we detect spectroscopic binaries, how we find some exoplanets, etc. If time were different there, then the light getting to us would be completely out of range and we wouldn’t be able to glean any information at all, let alone the reams we can now… The visible spectrum is so narrow that if time were different by even just half, then the spectrum would be completely out of range for us and we likely wouldn’t be able to see it.
What silly circular logic. Name any prediction that is as you claim. I see they thought SN1987a was a certain star, but ran models after the fact and changed the story. Some prediction. I see no rings were predicted. I see a black hole was predicted yet there is none! Etc etc. Try to learn the dif between a prediction, and a religious after the fact scrambling to try and patch up the silly godless theories science worships.
Our understanding of these types of stars was deepened, yes – this is what Science does in light of the facts. Would you be happier if Science dogmatically denied the evidence?? That isn’t how progress is made...
, Too bad for your belief system then.
:D lol! It’s working fine for our understanding of the Universe, it’s YOUR belief system that doesn’t work in any way… when you actually look at the facts, that is...
I don't believe stars operate or originate the way you claim. No one needs to change things to make that pig fly. Your distances are bogus. Your years are imaginary. Your whole idea of stars is wrong!
I Accept that Challenge! Pick one thing about stars you believe shows a 6,000 year old universe and let’s unpack that. Your belief has no effect on reality.

Having anything different than the fishbowl seems like magic to some I guess.
Well, reality works best when you base your knowledge and decisions on what reality tells you.
It applies fishbowl logic to things it doesn't understand.
well, that’d just be logic to the rest of us… verifiable facts are demonstrably better for decision making than any non-’fishbowl’ logic ever has been – this is just a fact.
Don't try to ride the coattails of actual earth science and knowledge with the lying fables and story manufacturing of so called science.
except they’re one and the same, sooooo…...
Relax. It ain't going anywhere.
but the fact is that we’re changing it permanently, and this is an inescapable fact.
Common ancestors and stellar evolution gave us nothing ever. It's purpose is to destroy faith in God. It is a crime against humanity. Child abuse.
Child abuse is withholding life-saving medical treatment in lieu of prayers. Child abuse is telling children they’ll burn in hell if they don’t believe in your particular version of your particular God. Child abuse is unnecessarily lying to them about what reality shows.

What isn’t child abuse is teaching critical thinking, teaching facts about reality is also not Child Abuse. The fact is, if your beliefs were demonstrably true, then you wouldn’t have to spend so much time denying what reality actually shows us. You're painting yourself into a corner by implying your God is lying to us about his creation. Why would he lie to us about his creation, does he deliberately sow these seeds of doubt?
In your dreams.
I completely get that you have no comeback.
Don't think so! The stuff we see need not be caused by what you say. Prove it. Or lose it.
Already done above, go to the link I gave you earlier in this post. :) I have no expectation you’ll actually assess it honestly, that’s really for the lurkers to see the dishonesty in your position, so they learn the value of reality over unfounded & untenable positions like yours…. As I once did.
Right. You invented a more elaborate but similar sequence of events that require things like distances you invent and mass and sizes, and then you say they are needed to cause the sequence!!! Circular religion.
Except it isn’t, as per the methods and link I gave you earlier.
indeed. :D

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure it does, haven't you heard of Einsteins Theory of General and Special Relativity?
Just curious.

Which one will scientists look the other way in order to accuse Joshua of geocentrism? general or special?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ever heard of what evidence is available from that or any other theory that time exists the same in the far universe!? None.

According to you, however reality says "Not So!" Sorry.... :D You should take the time to learn some science, my friend. Time isn’t homogeneous, however the underpinning principles to how time works in this universe is homogeneous.
Based on...what? Your word?
Nope, because we have quite a number of ways to find all of these issues out using Einsteins theories.
We wait for the details. We won't see them. Ha.
Well this discrepancy in epistemology is the very reason for this thread.

Sure. From Measuring the Distance to Nearby Galaxies , the mathematical equation is

Doppler_z.gif

where "lambda_0" is the rest wavelength of the radiation, and is "lambda_v" is the observed wavelength which has been shifted due to the radial motion between the object and the observer. It is common to use "delta_lambda" to represent the observed wavelength minus the rest wavelength. Wavelengths of optical light are usually measured in either Angstroms (1 Å = 10-10 m) or nanometers (1 nm = 10 -9 m).
While we do know light redshifts for motion reasons in the solar system, we do not know that only motion can shift light. Neither would any motion have great meaning unless time were involved there as well as here!
In the data collected by Hubble, the characteristic absorption and emission line features in the spectrum due to hydrogen, calcium and other elements which appear at longer (redder) wavelengths than in a terrestrial laboratory.
In other words we base things on how it works on the terrestrial. That is you standard. Newsflash: we have time here. Unless we also had the same time there, any motions represent something moving, we know not how far away, or how big.

One can use the measured wavelengths of known spectral lines to determine the velocity of a galaxy. For example:
No. You don't even know how far or big the so called galaxy is. So tell us simply and clearly how you would know gravity from that?

Absorption lines of hydrogen, normally measured to be at 4861Å and 6563Å, are measured in the spectrum of a particular galaxy to be at 4923Å and 6647Å.

The speed of light, c, has a constant value of 300,000 km/sec.

Therefore this galaxy has a redshift of

z = [(4923 - 4861) / 4861] and z = [(6647 - 6563) / 6563]
z = [62 / 4861] and z = [84 / 6563]
z = 0.01275

and the is moving away from us with a velocity, v = c * z = 300,000 km/sec * 0.01275 = 3826 km/sec
Not at all. The velocity represents time. The time as seen here. Can you prove it is actually moving at that speed in any way independent of what you expect light to move here? Hoo ha.

The Hubble Distance - Redshift Relationship
When Hubble plotted the redshift vs. the distance of the galaxies, he found a surprising relation: more distant galaxies are moving faster away from us. Hubble concluded that the fainter and smaller the galaxy, the more distant it is,
Based on earth rules. What if time or something else also shifted light? What if created space expanded, could that have shifted light? Etc etc etc. You pick a reason from a pile you chose and before we can accept that we need proof.

and the faster it is moving away from us, or that the recessional velocity of a galaxy is proportional to its distance from us:

v = Ho d,
Nope. Only if movement exclusively is the cause of the redshifting THERE. Even if that were the case, how fast anything moves there must depend on what time there is like. It does after all take time to move!
where v is the galaxy's velocity (in km/sec),
No no no. That business of so fast per second is utterly earth related, nothing to do with deep space You need to show how we know light actually moves at any speed THERE. You don't get to look at light here, and impose that time based movement to THERE.
d is the distance to the galaxy (in megaparsecs;
GONG! No way do you have and distances, until you first prove time exists there and exists the same.

Don't take my word for it though, but go to the link I provided because it shows the diagrams and measurements taken (and plotted) as well as showing the redshifted absorption band in the spectra of the galaxies being measured.
Looking at shifted light from earth from stars we have no idae how far away or big may be, doesn't have meaning in the spectra that you claimed. Not in the way of speeds, or causes of redshifting etc etc. We may be able to identify cetain things like hydrogen, but that doesn't help your tall tales at all.

Heck, there's even a click-through exercise at the bottom where you'll be walked through calculating your own ages based on these observations! I dare you to do it!
One could make a click through based on what the Easter bunny ate last week, and assign ages to that. I dare you to do it.

Distance. These tell us Distance, Dad. They tell us Distance in independent ways to all the other ways we can calculate Distance. These calculated distances correlate, despite coming to their results independently.
Absurd to claim shifting tells you distances or speeds. Look at the basis for the claims and laugh. You will see you are trying to impose earth time based things far away for NO apparent reason.

Except that it Does because of Einstein's Theories of Relativity.
The little cracker jack box that is the theory of relativity basically assumes that everything is relative...to the fishbowl earth! Rubbish. Any so called prroofs of relativity in deep space can be looked at if you like. Bring it. Yes, time dilation on and near earth, and other proofs do exist. But the lensing and such in deep space has no meaning to the theory that I have yet seen, unless one assumes all things affected in deep space are so affected because to time and space and such that we find here. There is no independent evidence! If there is cite it. En guarde.
Parallax to a target doesn't deal with time (Parallax FROM a target does though, and we'll cover that for you in a moment. :D). Intensity in the brightness of a Type Ia Supernova doesn't deal with time. Spectroscopy doesn’t deal with time.
False. If time exists in the base line used it deals in time six ways from Sunday. As for brightness and etc...that can't tell you distance or size.
Nope, no problem. We recreated the circumstances HERE that match the exact same circumstances we see it happening THERE. so they match... if they match, then they are necessarily the same.
Great when you admit it is HERE that you base it all on. 'Gee, if it works a certain way here, it golly gee just must be the same there'
Nope, one word Dad, SPECTROSCOPY! We can see what a star is made up of because of the light emitted
You thought that what man could see was all that was out there? I prefer to deal in fact. The fact is you may not be all seeing as you thought. There could be things outside the fishbowl that we can't see or do not even know about.
That being said, the things we do see, say helium or something...do not mean a star is big or far or came to exist like you say! It just means we have some hydrogen and stuff out there.

, and more importantly, absorbed from a particular star/galaxy/supernova. We know exactly how redshifted the light is getting to us because of the very narrow bands of absorbed light we see.
The issue is not how shifted it is but what causes the shifting THERE!

This page here is Great! Spectral Classes It shows an array of spectral classes and how to read them! You can examine the contents of the stars, their temperatures, sizes and life spans.

Looking at your link I see this

"The key factor at work here is temperature. By temperature we really mean the effective temperature of the star (sometimes called the surface temperature). This is the temperature of a black body having the same size and luminosity as the star and is determined by Stefan's Law."

Size is not know, and the sizes they think a star are depend on time existing there. You have a hodge podge of circular reasoning, and a belief based house of cards...

shortened....try to look at the rest of the long post later...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You’ll also find a spectral class summary and a luminosity class table there as well – tells you lots about what we know of stars.
Lots about your beliefs and narrow minded approach.
Any example to be honest, but let’s use SN1987a (yes, I used this because you referred to it, meaning there’s a chance you’ve already read up on it somewhat). See in particular, SN 1987A - Wikipedia where the article states the method by which we can measure the distance to the circumstellar ring surrounding the remnants of this star. We measure this independently of time btw…
No. You can't.

From the link..

"
distance to SN 1987A, which is about 168,000 light-years.[24] The material from the explosion is catching up with the material expelled during both its red and blue supergiant phases and heating it, so we observe ring structures about the star.
The expanding ring-shaped remnant of SN 1987A and its interaction with its surroundings, seen in X-ray and visible light.
Around 2001, the expanding (>7000 km/s) supernova ejecta collided with the inner ring. This caused its heating and the generation of x-rays — the x-ray flux from the ring increased by a factor of three between 2001 and 2009. A part of the x-ray radiation, which is absorbed by the dense ejecta close to the center, is responsible for a comparable increase in the optical flux from the supernova remnant in 2001–2009. This increase of the brightness of the remnant reversed the trend observed before 2001, when the optical flux was decreasing due to the decaying of 44Ti isotope.[25]"

You don't know distance and the whole thing including speed of km/s is based on that. Pretty pathetic. As mentioned, they didn't even know rings existed and only declared they existed but we never saw them after realizing their after the fact modelling required that. Just like the missing black hole they predicted and type of star that was there were bloopers.

Now, anything emitting light necessarily has time. If there wasn’t time then light wouldn’t emit and therefore we wouldn’t see it. We see it, so this isn’t the case. Next thing, if time wasn’t approximately the same as it is here, then the light we see leaving the star and arriving here would either be so redshifted or blue shifted as to be nearly invisible to us.

Firstly, if time was not the same but a different amount of time was involved in movements there, that doesn't mean there are no movements! Secondly can you show us the experiment done that shows what hapens when there is NO time!? Why make stuff up? You have no idea.

So, with these points of fact under our belt, let’s see what we can work out… Everytime we see a star go supernova (and we see them all the time), the light spectrum luminosity output falls onto a bell curve over time.
As seen here, so whatever time is involved there if any we have NO clue!

We also get an early warning in the form of gamma ray burst, in exactly the same way we do when a nuclear weapon is detonated. Remember, if time wasn’t a thing there, or was markedly different, then this output would be vastly different or non-existent/invisible to us.
Wrong! Remember that all we see is always HERE. Secondly you do not know how far away the star is, so any gamma ray here doesn't tell us much.

In particular, the spectrograph of absorbed light (ionised hydrogen and sulphur) would inevitably tell us how far redshifted or blueshifted our light source is,
No way. I think we covered that.
can detect the decay of various highly unstable elements as predicted by Atomic Theory which we expect to be produced under our understood models of Supernovae.
And when that is off, we simply claim there must have been some dust or something delaying the info? Ha.
More importantly even if it were correct all the time, all we have is decay as seen IN OUR TIME HERE. Why? Because here it takes so much time to decay.

With SN1987a, we also have a number of other phenomena we can measure. The ring material from the stellar wind that preceded the supernova were also seen to have lit up with the light from the supernova 0.66 light years after the fact, which we observed from here

Bingo! Here! You then mentally project the time light takes to move here to there in 3 months or six months or whatever. You then call that such and such a percentage of a light year! Circular in totality.

Again, if time was different or non-existent, we wouldn’t see the light reach this ring material in the spectrum we do – or we wouldn’t see it at all.
Yes, but we would see it only in our time here! Your whole concept is therefore in deadly error.

If it’s your contention they’re very close and small, then the gravitational intensity wouldn’t be enough to collapse the star into fusing elements in the first place,
Hey I couldn't care if they are bigger and further! Why would I care? The point is that you don't know. Your method of basing distances on the belief that time exists and exists the same all over creation has no value. No merit. No worth. No proof. You might as well calculate distance by tossing tea leaves or stones.

let alone go supernova after exhausting enough of the elements it could fuse. Any process where light is given off is necessarily involving time.
Yes here it involves the time we know. There...we don't have any idea.

But since your whole concept of origins is wrong, and distances and mass and size and time and space...the claims of what really explodes are laughable...as well as where, and when and why!
For info, check out this page at Information from Astronomical Spectra – there’s a great summary in laypeople speak on what redshift/blueshifted spectrums mean, how we can tell the radial velocity, how we detect spectroscopic binaries, how we find some exoplanets, etc. If time were different there, then the light getting to us would be completely out of range and we wouldn’t be able to glean any information at all, let alone the reams we can now… The visible spectrum is so narrow that if time were different by even just half, then the spectrum would be completely out of range for us and we likely wouldn’t be able to see it.
All circular, and all belief based.
Our understanding of these types of stars was deepened, yes – this is what Science does in light of the facts. Would you be happier if Science dogmatically denied the evidence?? That isn’t how progress is made...
Inventing new scenarios to prop up your faulty basis is not learning how to do anything other than how to change stories in a believe way to folks who thought you knew what you were talking about to begin with.
'gee, the stars we thought were there golly gee must have been blue rather than red, and big rather than small, and old rather than young, and blah blah blah and reinvented blah'
:D lol! It’s working fine for our understanding of the Universe, it’s YOUR belief system that doesn’t work in any way… when you actually look at the facts, that is...
If I believe Jesus created the universe how could that change?

I Accept that Challenge! Pick one thing about stars you believe shows a 6,000 year old universe and let’s unpack that. Your belief has no effect on reality.
Well, reality works best when you base your knowledge and decisions on what reality tells you.
When we define reality based on ignorance and faith based whopper assumptions.
well, that’d just be logic to the rest of us… verifiable facts are demonstrably better for decision making than any non-’fishbowl’ logic ever has been – this is just a fact.
When one's idea of verifiable facts really means molesting facts to hammer them into a constantly exposed as faulty belief system, that means squat.

but the fact is that we’re changing it permanently, and this is an inescapable fact.
Fishbowl philosophers would not know permanent if it bit them on the chin. They swim in the temporary fishbowl zone only.
Child abuse is withholding life-saving medical treatment in lieu of prayers.
Or violating their needed faith in truth and God with demonic doctrines of devils.

Child abuse is telling children they’ll burn in hell if they don’t believe in your particular version of your particular God. Child abuse is unnecessarily lying to them about what reality shows.
Reality shows that a loveless Chistless life is hell. Here and now.
What isn’t child abuse is teaching critical thinking, teaching facts about reality is also not Child Abuse.
reality is Jesus.

The fact is, if your beliefs were demonstrably true, then you wouldn’t have to spend so much time denying what reality actually shows us.
What is denied is not that the universe and stars exist. That is reality. Your baseless godless invented universe and origins is denied as a violent fraud.

You're painting yourself into a corner by implying your God is lying to us about his creation. Why would he lie to us about his creation, does he deliberately sow these seeds of doubt?
Changing man's world is not lying any more than changing a fishbowl is lying! Man needs changes, or the fish would all die of filth and choke on their own waste etc.

Lurkers...behold the defeated religion of godless stellar evolution.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,029.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Father Son and Holy Ghost are what God is. Jesus created the world.

Please provide Biblical support for the claim that it was Jesus, not the Father or the Holy Ghost, that created the world.

The Holy Spirit is also called 'His spirit'. Human minds are too small to grasp the fullness of what God is I guess.

Convenient.

See what I mean!?

Yeah, crazy, isn't it. God got Mary pregnant with himself so he could die to convince himself to forgive humanity for the crimes of two people long dead.

Long as they do it quietly I guess they are safe. If they raise a peep here I might shed some light on their position.

Safe from what? Your unrelenting logic?

Scripture is the highest authority on Christ. If most christians had a familiarity with the word and a good heart, they would be in good shape.

And reality is the highest authority on reality.

Time to decide which one you want to follow.

No. Certainly not. That I can say for sure.

And yet later on you claim that you are not an authority on any religion. So what qualifies you to make such a claim when you acknowledge your lack of authority?

Abraham offered his son over near mount Moriah. God offered His son there also. Jesus said He is the God of the Living, and was there before Abraham. Abraham was a shadow or picture of how God gave His son.

Yeah, this does not answer my question, does it?

I am not religious, and don't even go to church. Why would I want to be some authority on religion?

Trust me, I certainly don't consider you an authority on religion, or science, in fact, there's a great many things I don't consider you an authority on.

"
Let’s start with the obvious: Christians believe Jesus is God, but the Quran is so opposed to this belief that it condemns Jesus worshipers to Hell (5.72). For Christians, Jesus is certainly God, and for Muslims Jesus is certainly not God. How can it be said that Christians and Muslims worship the same God? This fact alone is enough to settle the matter, but at the very least, no one should argue as Volf has that “there isn’t any theological justification” for believing Christians and Muslims worship different Gods. There certainly is, and it is the obvious position when we consider the person of Jesus.

Another difference between the Islamic God and the Christian God that is quite personal to me is his Fatherhood. According to Jesus, God is our Father, yet the Quran very specifically denies that Allah is a father (112.1-4). In fact, in 5.18, the Quran tells Muslims to rebuke Jews and Christians for calling God their loving Father because humans are just things that God has created.

The same is the case when we consider the doctrine of the Trinity. Islam roundly condemns worship of the Trinity (5.73), establishing in contrast its own core principle: Tawhid, the absolute oneness of God. Tawhid specifically denies the Trinity, so much so that it is safe to say the doctrine of God in Christianity is antithetical to the doctrine of God in Islam. Not just different but completely opposed to one another.

There is much more to be said about the differences between the Christian God and the Muslim God, but this much can already be said with confidence: the Christian God, both in terms of what he is (Triune) and who he is (Father, Son, and Spirit) is not just different from the Muslim God; He is fundamentally incompatible. According to Islam, worshiping the Christian God is not just wrong; it sends you to Hell. They are not the same God."

Do Muslims and Christians Worship the Same God? | RZIM

Since you claim you aren't an authority on religion, I will conclude that you are not an authority on Islam, and thus I can safely disregard everything you have to say about it.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,029.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Dmmesdale, I replied to your post, but you seem to have missed it. Here it is again.

Blind Watchmaker is Richard Dawkins. There is nothing wrong with the definition. It sounds like you have a problem with Stephen Meyer. If there is a problem with the definition, then show it. That being since the definition is taken from Dawkins book. Blind Watchmaker.

Wow, you really are incapable of communicating clearly. Go and read post 1061 again. You said:

"Our dispute with evolution comes with this definition. Stephen Meyer.

6. “Blind watchmaker” thesis: the idea that all organisms have descended
from common ancestors solely through an unguided, unintelligent,
purposeless, material processes such as natural selection acting on ran-
dom variations or mutations; that the mechanisms of natural selection,
random variation and mutation, and perhaps other similarly naturalistic
mechanisms, are completely sufficient to account for the appearance of
design in living organisms.

Besides, there are overlaps and differences in accounts. Evolution by the above definition is pure fiction.
"

First, if it is from Richard Dawkins, why did you put Stephen Meyer's name on it?

Secondly, I never said I had a problem with that definition. You presented that as a definition and then claimed it was fiction. I asked you to support your claim that it is fiction.

Stop trying to twist the conversation.

It is. The Evos have not demonstrated it happened as they state. Either universal common descent or blind watchmaker evolution. They have not proved their positive. You can only prove negatives philosophically. Squared circles, married bachelors.

Rubbish. You can't argue that evolution is false simply because no one has proven it correct.

(BTW, there is a HUGE amount of evidence showing that evolution is correct.)

What they have is an atheistic interpretation of the history of life here. What they do is fit the evidence into their narrative.

You demonstrate yet again that you have no idea how science works.

Don't get your information about science from creationist propaganda mills.

Also, ignore evidence that does not fit their narrative.

Want to give me some actual evidence to support this claim, or do you think just make baseless claims is a good way to make a point?

Life requires a living cause, for example, in favor of unscientific postulates all life from nonlife only.

Is God alive?

Life is evidence. Life needs a living cause. The effect is evidence of the cause, and you are evidence of your parents, not a rock absent your parents. Enough of the double standards. Now provide empirical evidence for life arising from nonlife.

Are amino acids alive?

You can't reasonably show it is a fact. You need to reasonably prove your positive.

Once again, you resort to the childish, "I'm right because you can't prove I'm wrong!"

If you claim the evolution is impossible, you must show me WHY it is impossible!

I have multiple times.

Show me even a single post where you have presented an explanation of why some aspect of evolution is flawed.

What none of the atheists on here have done is produced one shred of evidence for their blind faith beliefs all life here is from nonlife. That is just for starters.

So you get to claim that your position is correct without having to provide a single shred of evidence for it, purely because those who disagree with you have not explained it to you to your satisfaction?

Wow, that's an amazingly bad argument.

But that logic, I have proved that there is no God many times over!

''Undirected processes cannot produce the exquisite complexity of the living cell.''

And I've said it many times before, and it seems that some people are unable to grasp this simply fact: EVOLUTION IS NOT RANDOM.

''If you wish to assert that the bacterium, along with all its nanotechnology, genetic information processing system and enormous amount of pre-loaded digitally encoded information, are the results of unguided processes then the burden is on you, not us.''

And evolution explains it very nicely.

The fact you don't understand evolution does not invalidate evolution.

It just means you need to be better educated about things before you start talking about them.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, crazy, isn't it.
No, it isn't crazy.

It's called mercy.

The Judge declares us GUILTY AS CHARGED, then pays the penalty Himself.

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

It's what we call the VICARIOUS SACRIFICE.
Kylie said:
God got Mary pregnant with himself so he could die to convince himself to forgive humanity for the crimes of two people long dead.
Wrong again.

Adam acquired a SIN NATURE that was since passed on down through the ages via the seed of the man.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Think of it as a type of SPIRITUAL LAMARCKISM.

That's why Jesus was born of the seed of a woman, not a man.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Had Jesus been the offspring of Joseph, then He too would have a SIN NATURE and be in need of a Saviour.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,029.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, it isn't crazy.

It's called mercy.

The Judge declares us GUILTY AS CHARGED, then pays the penalty Himself.

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

It's what we call the VICARIOUS SACRIFICE.

I am capable of forgiving my daughter for her wrongdoings without demanding that someone else take the punishment. Why didn't God do this?

Wrong again.

Adam acquired a SIN NATURE that was since passed on down through the ages via the seed of the man.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Is it fair to hold people accountable for the crimes of their forebears?

Think of it as a type of SPIRITUAL LAMARCKISM.

But Lamarkism is wrong, isn't it?

That's why Jesus was born of the seed of a woman, not a man.

Except Eve ate first, didn't she? So by your logic, it's the woman who's more to blame, since she not only ate the fruit, but got Adam in trouble as well.

Had Jesus been the offspring of Joseph, then He too would have a SIN NATURE and be in need of a Saviour.

So the physical body of Jesus only had genetic material from Mary?

How do you get a male from that?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am capable of forgiving my daughter for her wrongdoings without demanding that someone else take the punishment. Why didn't God do this?
Because He IS capable.
Kylie said:
Is it fair to hold people accountable for the crimes of their forebears?
In this case, yes.

In fact, it was a master stroke ... a hole-in-one shot ... so to speak.

Had God not made Adam the federal head of the human race, then Jesus would have to come down and die on a cross for each and every single individual that committed their first sin.

Doing it the way He did, He only had to die one time for all.

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

See also ...

Romans 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Kylie said:
But Lamarkism is wrong, isn't it?
That's why I called it SPIRITUAL LAMARCKISM ... to differentiate it from PHYSICAL LAMARCKISM.
Kylie said:
Except Eve ate first, didn't she?
Yes.
Kylie said:
So by your logic, it's the woman who's more to blame, since she not only ate the fruit, but got Adam in trouble as well.
The consensus of opinion is that Eve was tricked, but Adam ate willingly.
Kylie said:
So the physical body of Jesus only had genetic material from Mary?
Affirmative.
Kylie said:
How do you get a male from that?
Piece of cake for God.

Matthew 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Probably just a matter of reshaping an X chromosome into a Y.

I don't really know.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,029.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Because He IS capable.

Capable of what? Forgiving without requiring someone else to take the fall? Except he DIDN'T, did he?

In this case, yes.

Ah, so you get to pick and choose when it is right and when it isn't.

That must make it easy to justify whatever you want to justify.

In fact, it was a master stroke ... a hole-in-one shot ... so to speak.

Had God not made Adam the federal head of the human race, then Jesus would have to come down and die on a cross for each and every single individual that committed their first sin.

Doing it the way He did, He only had to die one time for all.

Once again, why did Jesus have to die at all?

If my daughter does something wrong, I can forgive her without killing the cat in her place.

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

See also ...

Romans 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

It doesn't make sense even if there are passages in the Bible.

That's why I called it SPIRITUAL LAMARCKISM ... to differentiate it from PHYSICAL LAMARCKISM.

Still wrong though.

Just sweeping that under the rug, are we?

The consensus of opinion is that Eve was tricked, but Adam ate willingly.

Eve ate just as willingly. If anything, Adam was even more tricked, since he had someone he trusted telling him it was okay. Eve couldn't say the same!

Piece of cake for God.

Matthew 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Probably just a matter of reshaping an X chromosome into a Y.

I don't really know.

Biblical evidence that God can take female genetic material and make a man or it didn't happen.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please provide Biblical support for the claim that it was Jesus, not the Father or the Holy Ghost, that created the world.

Eph 3:9 - And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Yeah, crazy, isn't it. God got Mary pregnant with himself so he could die to convince himself to forgive humanity for the crimes of two people long dead.

Ever consider that that is what WE needed? To see real unselfish love only God could give?

Safe from what? Your unrelenting logic?
Like a mushroom is safe in a dark barn....from the light.

And reality is the highest authority on reality.
Reality is not something we need godless science to dictate to us.

And yet later on you claim that you are not an authority on any religion. So what qualifies you to make such a claim when you acknowledge your lack of authority?

Scripture.
Yeah, this does not answer my question, does it?
It should.

Trust me, I certainly don't consider you an authority on religion, or science, in fact, there's a great many things I don't consider you an authority on.

Since you claim you aren't an authority on religion, I will conclude that you are not an authority on Islam, and thus I can safely disregard everything you have to say about it.

Jesus is the Authority, Ask yourself who is closer to His opinion.

Upvote 0