• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The CF Faith Groups List has been updated. The Statement of Faith has also been updated (section on unorthodox Christian theology only). Please review both of these updates. If you would like to request a different faith group, please open a support ticket.

My wife wants us to vacation in Paris ?????????

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Mountainmanbob, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,505
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    For me, it just doesn't seem like the Paris of the old days ??????

ISIS claims responsibility for Paris attack

Trump sends condolences after deadly Paris attack

And (some) people want to give Trump such a hard time for wanting to protect the United States ??????

Some things I just don't understand ?????

M-Bob

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Jason0047

Jason0047 Agent for Christ Supporter

+2,264
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Maui (Hawaii) is a much better option. Crashing waves. Beautiful whales in the distance. Fresh air. Beautiful mountains and flower trees. It is like an Eden almost. You go there and you will no doubt feel like you are on vacation and feel relaxed. If you are an artist or writer, it is a great place for inspiration.

In fact, in May, they have some really great deals for Hawaii.
    You go there and you will not want to leave.

3. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,393
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Sounds like your wife is trusting God.

4. Jason0047

+2,264
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Well, we have to be careful. If we know an area is coming under heavy attack a lot lately, is it really wise to go there?

Should we tempt the Lord our God by swimming in a pool of sharks with chum in it?

Granted, I am not saying we cannot trust God to protect us under any situation. But we have to have an actual call from God to go to such places (that may place us in harms way).

If she is going there to spread God's Word, she obviously must feel called to do so.
    But if it is just a vacation: Well, that is different.

5. TX_Matt

TX_Matt Former CFer

+5,809
    United States
    Anglican
    Single
    Terrorism wins when we become afraid of it and allow it to control our lives. ISIS especially wants you to villainize the refugees there. If your only reason to not go to Paris is because of the recent terror attacks, you are giving ISIS want they want.

6. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+2,425
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Actually, it does look like Paris in the old days under Nazi occupation, lol!

What have I told this forum?? I lived in the Middle East for two years and gave me serious trust issues from anyone from the region including Africa.

I personally endured quite a number of sexual harassment from there..... It's absolutely the worst cultural experience I ever had.

Perhaps, the Old Testament is right about one thing......

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  7. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+2,425
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I have lived in the Middle East for two years...

Arab Muslims who have been Western-Educated are mostly nice. Anybody else, especially of darker complexion you should avoid at all cost! I've been sexually harassed there many times, a few of my friends had rape attempts on them, one co worker nearly got raped but was rescued in time.

I don't like looking so politically un-correct. Just sharing what I have experienced. For your own safety please, heed my advice!

8. Jason0047

+2,264
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I do not believe this is an issue of fear speaking at all. We must be wise as serpents and innocent as doves. We also have to be careful not to tempt the Lord our God, as well.

Also, terrorism does not win if we choose to not go to the place they are terrorizing. If God desires for us to go somewhere else to spread the good news, then that His call. God can still find ways to get the gospel message out in that area. Not everyone is called to the same places.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  9. Mountainmanbob

+1,505
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    That's true and I'm responsible for the well being of my family.

There was an American family on TV that wittenessed the Paris shooting up close.
    Something tells me that, they are in no hurry to return!

M-Bob

10. pat34lee

pat34lee Messianic

+2,107
    Messianic
    Single
    When they invited terrorists into the country, it became the politicians' fault, not the Muslims.

11. Mountainmanbob

+1,505
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I think we will change up and go to Hawaii this summer and then we'll see how it looks down the road in Paris I'm not holding high hopes.

M-Bob

12. Mountainmanbob

+1,505
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Oh yes I went to school over there for a couple years and we go back often actually we're going to go to Hawaii the Big Island this summer.

M-Bob

13. Jason0047

+2,264
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Ah, that is good to hear.

As for the Big Island: I heard it was nice.
    Hope you have a great time with your family there.

Blessings, and peace be unto you in the Lord.