Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At the end of this August, my wife will be confirmed into the Catholic Church. Nearly 2.5 years after my confirmation and her sitting in the pews of the same cathedral, she will embrace the power of the Holy Spirit in this beautiful sacrament!

If you would have asked me two years ago if my wife would become Catholic, I would have most likely told you that her conversion would have been in the far distant future. Honestly, I just did not see a path forward at the time. Although she was congratulatory and praised my entrance into the Church, she had to make the faith her own. No amount of discussion, apologetics, or hype would ignite her decision. With immense prayer, modeling the faith, and attending Holy Mass, she became convinced to seek out Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA), the normative process to enter the Catholic faith.

I told my wife I would accompany her in RCIA every step of the way. My presence was not to persuade her to convert, but I wanted to walk in spiritual unity as she embraced the truth, beauty, and goodness of Catholicism. Yes, It was redundant hearing things I heard and read extensively about for years, but it was a stellar opportunity. I got to serve as an aide to the class. I helped teach many essential elements of the Catholic faith to catechumens. I love teaching, so having the opportunity weekly to shed light on the faith was outstanding.

To anyone in an interdenominational or mixed marriage with a Catholic, my wife would primarily recommend that you develop your own understanding of Catholicism and avoid pressure to convert. Instead of falling victim to pressure from a partner, an individual has to make the faith their own and allow God to do the change of heart.

Continued below.
My Wife is Entering the Catholic Church