• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My wife and mother-in-law tested positive

Dreams65

Mar 13, 2021
Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today my wife and mother-in-law tested positive for COVID-19. Someone in the extended family was infected and knew it, but declined to tell others and so the infection spread. We live in an apartment building that my wife's brothers and I built. My mother-in-law lives in an apartment across from us and because she is partially disabled, my wife spends part of the day taking care of her. My wife has quarantined herself and her mother in the other apartment. Luckily my daughter is a registered nurse and with the proper protection, looks in on them regularly. Also, My sister-in-law went to the hospital with symptoms of the virus, when she tried to leave she collapsed and is now in intensive care.

I know there is nothing I can do other than wait it out. Me and my three grown kids are praying, but I know this is in God's hands and I trust Him completely, no matter what happens.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Someone in the extended family was infected and knew it, but declined to tell others and so the infection spread.

Hmm, maybe but it could have been another source accidental or unknowing source too. Don't be too hard on your extended fam, and God bless you wife n mother in law.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today my wife and mother-in-law tested positive for COVID-19. Someone in the extended family was infected and knew it, but declined to tell others and so the infection spread. We live in an apartment building that my wife's brothers and I built. My mother-in-law lives in an apartment across from us and because she is partially disabled, my wife spends part of the day taking care of her. My wife has quarantined herself and her mother in the other apartment. Luckily my daughter is a registered nurse and with the proper protection, looks in on them regularly. Also, My sister-in-law went to the hospital with symptoms of the virus, when she tried to leave she collapsed and is now in intensive care.

I know there is nothing I can do other than wait it out. Me and my three grown kids are praying, but I know this is in God's hands and I trust Him completely, no matter what happens.

They have vaccinated a majority of the 65+ people in America. They vaccinated some people with health conditions, if they had doctor’s notes. In my county of under 200,000 there were no deaths reported in the past day and only 36 new cases. Some areas are scheduling 50+ vaccinations. I am 61. I got vaccinated last Thursday. After 10 more days, God willing, I will be protected from severe illness, hospitalization and death.

Upvote 0