Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It had been me going with the kids but today my wife came along too. She is looming to join the church too so thats pretty cool. Her words: That was interesting... Not in a bad way... Just different.

Unofrtunately my son was super clingy and my daughter was whining the whole time something which Im sure kept her distracted which I always try to help but doesmt always work. Frustrating. However, shes coming again and moving forward!

*side note* This is much later down the line but do any of the Orthodox churches in America odfer adoption services?

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It had been me going with the kids but today my wife came along too. She is looming to join the church too so thats pretty cool. Her words: That was interesting... Not in a bad way... Just different.

Unofrtunately my son was super clingy and my daughter was whining the whole time something which Im sure kept her distracted which I always try to help but doesmt always work. Frustrating. However, shes coming again and moving forward!

*side note* This is much later down the line but do any of the Orthodox churches in America odfer adoption services?
Well, this must be exciting for you to be experiencing such a strong move toward what you believe is right... and to have your wife being so inclined also... good for you!

I don't think that the OCA has any adoption services. It used to be possible to adopt kids from Russia until Vlad Putin put an end to it (it's my understanding that it was done as a form of retaliation for US sanctions against Russia over their involvement in the Ukraine). It would be good if American couples could be allowed to to this again soon. I've some Orthodox friends who have adopted orphans from somewhere in South America, I think, through some Orthodox convent or another that provided adoption services. I think that they wound up receiving kids who were extremely difficult to care for on account of certain behavioral disorders, or whatnot. Down the road I could get more detailed information from my friends about this if you want, or put you directly in touch with them.

Upvote 0

Ioannes

Orthodox Catechumen, ROCOR.
Sep 14, 2018
Bologna, Italy
✟10,910.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I somehow slightly relate in the sense I am an Orthodox Catechumen and am already pretty sure of my choice, while my long-time girlfriend with whom I live doesn't show any interest in our faith, or in Christ in general. She's probably somewhat agnostic.

I pray almost daily for her soul and heart so that she joins us, and rejoice at your own news.

Upvote 0

Moses Medina

Layman
Sep 10, 2012
North Carolina
Visit site
✟45,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I somehow slightly relate in the sense I am an Orthodox Catechumen and am already pretty sure of my choice, while my long-time girlfriend with whom I live doesn't show any interest in our faith, or in Christ in general. She's probably somewhat agnostic.

I pray almost daily for her soul and heart so that she joins us, and rejoice at your own news.

Prayers ascending.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ioannes
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Prayers for you both. It's not an easy position to be in.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ioannes
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're living with your girlfriend while being a catechumen? Am I reading this correctly?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry. I wasn't aware priests were giving economia for cohabitation. As they say on the streets, "my bad." I'm always learning...

Gurney - that's a question for his priest to ask - not us

Reactions: Hermit76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ioannes

Sep 14, 2018
Bologna, Italy
✟10,910.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
You're living with your girlfriend while being a catechumen? Am I reading this correctly?

Yes. My priest is aware. He told me to get off my head any possible idea that would create conflict between me and her.

Why he did so, I can only guess. First of all I informed him we love each other greatly and have spent 5 years together. Secondly, I told him she posed no threat or showed hostility for my new faith, last of all our country has a percentage of orthodox young women which is extremely small. I guess the regional context matters a lot.
There is more I didn't tell my new spiritual father, but they are positive factors or things which practically prevent us to go back living separately.

I thank the others for the prayers, they are much needed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ioannes

Sep 14, 2018
Bologna, Italy
✟10,910.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, I pray that the spiritual father advises that the situation be chaste somehow.

Brother in Christ, we didn't discuss this so far with our priest and I suspect this is because he wants to be cautious with me, but I've already put forward the issue with my partner. And, of course, nobody is going to condone as ok what is for marriage alone. Even if my priest were so unhortodox, I wouldn't allow myself to justify any such behavior.

In any case, we were never very carnal if at all, and I must thank God for simplifying my conditions even way before I knew how my life would change, in Christ.

Upvote 0