South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I hate dieting and while I do need to lose weight, I find it quite confusing. Is there a way I can know what is best for me in terms of how to lose weight? What does or would the Bible say about what I am concerned about? I cannot find anything about dieting, losing weight, exercise, or being healthy. I read about gluttony but how would that correlate with weight loss. I need to lose weight and I find the topic overwhelming.

Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dr. Fuhrman's Nutritarian eating plan is a good way to eat. It is a lifestyle change and it's difficult, but very healthy. It's hard to go from eating freely everything under the sun to this plan. But one gets used to it after time. He has some inexpensive books available on Kindle describing how it all works. This plan corresponds well with the fasting guidelines of the Orthodox Church which are designed to aid believers in not being gluttonous. I recommend you take a look at it.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you want to lose weight you have to understand why you are gaining it in the first place. It's not because you aren't exercising enough for exercise just makes you healthier internally but not externally. I'm sure your doctor has told you to just eat less and exercise more and while that may work for some it usually doesnt work in most cases. Mainly because the source of the weight gain isn't being addressed. The source is all the carbohydrates in your diet. The average american eats 400 grams of carbohydrates a day which is recommended by doctors everywhere. Modern medicine has actually recommended more carbohydrates over the year which led to an unforeseen obesity epidemic.

So in short cut your carb load down to 20 or less a day which means no sugar at all or bread or anything with more than 3-4 grams of carbs. In doing so your body will burn fat instead of carbohydrates for fuel causing you to be a fat burning machine. I'm speaking from experience I tried starvation diets or calorie restriction diets and ended up hungry all the time. With a low carb diet I am never hungry. Which is the point of food. And I have lost 50 pounds in 5 months. While not exercising much if at all. Its just strictly been the diet doing all the work and ive had some cheat meals in between which i dont recommend. One guy on an episode of true life ate just chicken and salad for a year and lose over 100 pounds. I basically just eat meat and veggies and diet soda thats it.

So I eat steak and cauliflower with sprite zero or switch it up and eat boneless pork with cauliflower and i'm doing this till i reach my goal weight of 160-170. 6'0 male here. But i believe by the end of the year i will be at my goal. I'm currently 252 pounds. Started last year at 305 pounds.

Its not easy but its the only thing that works. Remember exercise is to get fit diet is to lose weight. Do I miss ice cream and cinnabuns? Not as much as I thought I would. This diet lowers the cravings to a point where you don't obsess over food anymore. So basically this diet attacks the two main reasons people get fat. They have a higher appetite than skinny people and also unlike skinny people they process carbohydrates poorly. I tried and failed at this diet many times so its not for the faint of heart but i just got tired of being in a whale body. I want to have a soccer players body and to get that i need to get lean first then once im lean i can throw in exercise and more carbs.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Well back in the Biblical days they were way more active than we are bc they didn't have the modern conveniences we do. So I would make being more active part of it. They didn't have the processed & fast foods we have or junk like soda. So cut back on all that. Go back to basics.

How much do you want to lose?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I hate dieting and while I do need to lose weight, I find it quite confusing. Is there a way I can know what is best for me in terms of how to lose weight? What does or would the Bible say about what I am concerned about? I cannot find anything about dieting, losing weight, exercise, or being healthy. I read about gluttony but how would that correlate with weight loss. I need to lose weight and I find the topic overwhelming.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

John 12:25
Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

:)

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is also this book about eating well.
61YhaOBvtiL.jpg

I haven't read it so I can't say how useful it is. there is an interview with the author on Ancient Faith Radio podcast that you can listen to if you like. This link should get you there: Food, Faith, and Fasting | Ancient Faith Ministries

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you want to lose weight you have to understand why you are gaining it in the first place. It's not because you aren't exercising enough for exercise just makes you healthier internally but not externally. I'm sure your doctor has told you to just eat less and exercise more and while that may work for some it usually doesnt work in most cases. Mainly because the source of the weight gain isn't being addressed. The source is all the carbohydrates in your diet. The average american eats 400 grams of carbohydrates a day which is recommended by doctors everywhere. Modern medicine has actually recommended more carbohydrates over the year which led to an unforeseen obesity epidemic.

So in short cut your carb load down to 20 or less a day which means no sugar at all or bread or anything with more than 3-4 grams of carbs. In doing so your body will burn fat instead of carbohydrates for fuel causing you to be a fat burning machine. I'm speaking from experience I tried starvation diets or calorie restriction diets and ended up hungry all the time. With a low carb diet I am never hungry. Which is the point of food. And I have lost 50 pounds in 5 months. While not exercising much if at all. Its just strictly been the diet doing all the work and ive had some cheat meals in between which i dont recommend. One guy on an episode of true life ate just chicken and salad for a year and lose over 100 pounds. I basically just eat meat and veggies and diet soda thats it.

So I eat steak and cauliflower with sprite zero or switch it up and eat boneless pork with cauliflower and i'm doing this till i reach my goal weight of 160-170. 6'0 male here. But i believe by the end of the year i will be at my goal. I'm currently 252 pounds. Started last year at 305 pounds.

Its not easy but its the only thing that works. Remember exercise is to get fit diet is to lose weight. Do I miss ice cream and cinnabuns? Not as much as I thought I would. This diet lowers the cravings to a point where you don't obsess over food anymore. So basically this diet attacks the two main reasons people get fat. They have a higher appetite than skinny people and also unlike skinny people they process carbohydrates poorly. I tried and failed at this diet many times so its not for the faint of heart but i just got tired of being in a whale body. I want to have a soccer players body and to get that i need to get lean first then once im lean i can throw in exercise and more carbs.

Exercise is very important to healthy weight loss (fat loss).

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Basically, you first need to analyze the type of foods you are consuming and their caloric value. Next, you need to analyze how physically active you are, to determine your caloric expenditure. Losing weight in general (with some exceptions), is expending more calories than you consume.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it's all about the mentality one has about eating certain foods

if you diet thinking it's a diet, it will only be a short-term change. if you take it as a change of eating lifestyle, not only you'll be healthier, but it'll be a long-term change

Most diets like the ones you see commercials for can only be maintained short term because they cause you to starve. Its not really someones fault when they try a portion control diet and end up quitting due to starvation. I say go keto and eat as much ketogenic food you want and lose weight. Sure you can't have sugar but you don't need sugar. Your body craves fat not carbohydrates.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.August.

Jan 14, 2017
USA
✟8,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Most diets like the ones you see commercials for can only be maintained short term because they cause you to starve. Its not really someones fault when they try a portion control diet and end up quitting due to starvation. I say go keto and eat as much ketogenic food you want and lose weight. Sure you can't have sugar but you don't need sugar. Your body craves fat not carbohydrates.

i agree. also exercise, we live in a time where most work is sedentary so it's easier to gain weight without even noticing

i've done eating lifestyle changes myself and i was able to lose much weight and stay slim, now i go to the gym to tone up

Upvote 0

pharmasmruti

Jul 21, 2017
Bhopal
✟7,704.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
Pharmascience Health Gainer for contains calories in bulk and Weight Gain

A Health Gainer is a Pharma science - the Indian Ayurveda product. It is basically a weight work additive product which generally comes in a powder form which contains calories in bulk. It is full of proteins, fats and carbohydrates which gives your body an ultimate improvement and a muscular growth.

For more visit

Health Gainer

Upvote 0

wynning826

Jul 23, 2017
Vancouver
✟11,688.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can relate. My poison was junk food and just general laziness.

One day I got sick of just sitting around while harming my body by overeating. I wasn't who I wanted to be physically. While I was doing devotions that day this verse popped up:

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own" 1 Corinthians 6:19

By harming my body by overeating, I was potentially harming a vessel that can be used by God. So I prayed to God and told him that I will make a difference in my eating habits, and I did by getting a personal trainer to whoop me into shape for 2 months. It wasn't easy, but it was for sure easier / more motivating to learn from someone.

There was a lot of weight lifting and HIIT exercises involved. My muscles were sore after workout, but it was worth it after I saw a change in my overall physical shape. In terms of diet, I ate everything in moderation. I still crave junk food, but not as much as before. Tracking calories definitely helped me too :)

Upvote 0