Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
He's been in ICU for a month with pneumonia and a stomach virus compounded by a lung condition brought on by his work.

They called in my cousins, whom have power of attorney over him, to talk end of life.

He's not a Christian now AFAIK. He walked out on his family 17 years ago, is a recovering alcoholic, and is ashamed of what he became and found it hard to see his kids. My younger cousin is almost 20 and barely knows his dad and may be burying him soon without having much of a relationship with him.

Despite his shortcomings, he's a good man with a good heart. He was there for me 5 years ago when I had nowhere to go and pushed me to fight my way through my own gambling addiction and get help. Without him, I probably wouldn't be here.

It pains me to see all this go down. He really needs a lot of prayer.

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
prayer.gif
May God bless your Uncle and his family, in His Merciful Love.

Upvote 0

Jan 27, 2009
Somewhere out there
✟8,559.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Hi, you say your uncle is a Christian "...as far as you know"... if he's in recovery, then hopefully he has God in his life. Might you go and share Christ with him? Just a thought. Praying about this situation, blessings!

I honestly can't. I'm halfway around the world right now.

My younger cousin, his son, could, as he's in training to be in ministry now. But I'm in China, and this is all taking place in America.

Upvote 0

Quadratic

Nov 21, 2012
Florida
✟9,181.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lord, I ask for 147's uncle. At this time Lord, we ask that he would know for sure that Jesus is his Savior. And Lord, we ask for some way, there to be a healing in this family, before he passes. lLord, we ask You to make a way for this, to open communication with him and his son, and we ask for a time of healing and forgiveness, in Jesus name, amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jan 27, 2009
Somewhere out there
✟8,559.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
They are taking him off life support in the morning at 10am CST. My cousin and dad went and prayed with him, and received Jesus.

There's really nothing else than can do. If God wants him here, then I believe in miracles, and that he could supernaturally heal him. But I'm not scared if he dies now, knowing where he will go.

Especially pray for my dad and cousin. My dad is a new Christian, my cousin hardly knew his dad.

Upvote 0

goddard12

Believer
Nov 13, 2012
Georgia
✟16,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lord, I ask for 147's uncle. At this time Lord, we ask that he would know for sure that Jesus is his Savior. And Lord, we ask for some way, there to be a healing in this family, before he passes. lLord, we ask You to make a way for this, to open communication with him and his son, and we ask for a time of healing and forgiveness, in Jesus name, amen.

Amen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.