Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was sitting on my bed yesterday evening reading a book I had gotten from the library (how to make gingerbread houses, very interesting), and I decided to get up and get a drink of water. My mom was waiting for me outside my room and she was crying and she told me, "Your Uncle Edmond has passed away."

I was so shocked at what she said that I couldn't speak to her for several minutes. Then I remember I started to cry too. Then she said to me, "You have to understand he was very sick."

My uncle was sick with colon cancer, and in the end, it apparently was too much for him. But I would have wanted him to die in peace, not in agony like he did. His last minutes were fraught with trouble, I have no doubt about that.

I didn't know my uncle, but I still miss him very much and I feel this void in my heart like a piece of me is missing. I couldn't get much sleep last night, I was too shocked and grieved at his death that I cried a lot.

Its hard to loose a family member, and this is the fourth or fifth family member I have lost now. I keep wondering why I am outliving everybody, but apparently I am strong and healthy and happy and...they just weren't.

I lost my grandfather on my dad's side of the family when I was just six and a half years old. A few years ago my other grandfather on my mom's side of the family also died. So now I have no grandfathers at all. :( A decade ago my first Uncle Lang died of a drug overdose, and my First Aunt Shauna also died due to being exposed to too much drugs (are they idiots or something, what were they thinking!? People are NOT supposed to take illegal drugs!). I have experienced a lot of loss in my life, I just want GOD to leave me alone and stop taking my precious family away from me.

Fortunately, I still have some grandmas, cousins, and aunts who are still living and I can talk to them anytime I want! ^_^

My mom believes my uncle was saved and he is with Jesus now.

But as for my Grandpa (my mom's dad), we don't know. When he was alive he treated my mom (his own daughter for heaven's sake) really poorly and everyone thought he was a mean jerk so we don't actually know if he was saved or not. (I am not the kind of person who would hurt others, but unfortunately there is evil in this world) He did not display the fruits of the spirit, quite the opposite actually. My mom discovered he had a tiny bible in his possession when she was going through all his worldly possessions, but he could be in Hell right now for all we know. But he did not lead a godly life, so that is why we are doubting his salvation.

Last edited: