my (un)usual way to become orthodox - search for contacts who accept me :)

KisKatte

Jesus, send us your Holy Spirit.
Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sure He can ressurrect us all and thousand times this is not contradiction to a possibility to live several times. For God everything is possible. Reincarnation is hided through church and scriptures, because it is God's will. Your quote is not a contradiction from my point of view anyway.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
no not necesseraliy. For me most people should not believe in reincarnation, it is not good for them. God explained me why He wants church to teach otherwise.

But for you maybe if church says no, than you say no, that is exactly what God wants from you.

the Church is headed by the Truth, so the Church would not teach anything other than the Truth.

there is no reincarnation.

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay. For you this is true what the church says. Exactly God's plan, right? But it is absolutely logic that for the Almighty God everything is possible. He is the ruler. Not anybody else. Otherwise said: I hold on to what God personally told me, rather than the church for this particular thing. It was too important what God said and He did not leave any doubt He was talking to me, not anybody else.

So I stay with my belief.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,232.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
But He did reveal me things that contradict church teachings. He did. So maybe you are disappointed, but I stay with my belief.....
How did you determine that it truly was God who told you these things? How did you test what you were told?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
But He did reveal me things that contradict church teachings. He did. So maybe you are disappointed, but I stay with my belief.....

if it contradicts the Church, it's not of God. I am not disappointed, it's just that what you are saying isn't true, even though I can see your sincerity.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,232.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
For example, Mohammed believed the Koran was eevealed to him by God, but his only test was to ask his wife what she thought. When we read the Koran we are able to see that it clearly contradicts what God has revealed to us through His prophets and finally through His Son, so we can be confident that it was not God who spoke to Mohammed.

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I did not need to test. I was standing on 15th floor ready to jump. God took from the air my whole body under control. High level light sources were in my head, His voice and videos in front of my eyes. I was talking to Him, asking questions and He immeadetly replied. Whenever I had a question during the next weeks He was answering, not allowing to leave me any doubt He was talking to me. It is this "atheist" question HOW did I determine this, but how ever I would describe this, atheists always can say it was a hallucination. Just can say, God did not leave any doubt. It is so deep in my soul, present there, although it was 10 years ago! It was stopping me from suicide. And it was healing big parts of my soul. Though many other questions did occur.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
if it contradicts the Church, it's not of God. I am not disappointed, it's just that what you are saying isn't true, even though I can see your sincerity.
It is okay, you can maybe believe I was tricked by satan or a demon :). For me God did not leave any doubt. For me it is also absolutely okay you deny it, because God told me that most people have to believe in only one life on earth. It is okay for me. But I just wanted to say that I stay with my belief :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is okay, you can maybe believe I was tricked by satan or a demon :). For me God did not leave any doubt. For me it is also absolutely okay you deny it, because God told me that most people have to believe in only one life on earth. It is okay for me. But I just wanted to say that I stay with my belief :)

as Orthodox, we are taught not to trust any private revelation. that's the MO of every Father and Mother who has dealt with visions or whatever.

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dear Father ArmyMatt,

I appreciate you want to warn me not to search for visions. Also the monks on the mount athos ignore visions mostly..... but this vision was so important. God was in direct contact with me and told me about a present I received several times. I pray to receive at the end of my life this present again. This stopped me from suicide and I will never give it up. The reincarnation thing was only a side effect to "know" about it. It was really extremely important for me and like I said, God did not allow to leave me any doubt. He knows what He does.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dear Father ArmyMatt,

I appreciate you want to warn me not to search for visions. Also the monks on the mount athos ignore visions mostly..... but this vision was so important. God was in direct contact with me and told me about a present I received several times. I pray to receive at the end of my life this present again. This stopped me from suicide and I will never give it up. The reincarnation thing was only a side effect to "know" about it. It was really extremely important for me and like I said, God did not allow to leave me any doubt. He knows what He does.

again, lots of folks fell into delusion because they felt their vision was important. God isn't contradictory, so it's great that this pulled you from suicide, but that doesn't change the fact that reincarnation is false.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SalemsConcordance

Oct 5, 2020
Westcoast
✟28,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi KisKatte!

I am newer here also, as well as to the Orthodox faith (Catechumen) and you sound like a cousin to my own journey. Lord bless you!

I had a similar experience, of God saving me from self-destruction in a very direct manner over several years of strange occurrences - maybe not as strange as you, but they involved near-suicide, many police (multiple occasions) and visions, and 'revelations.'

This is long, sorry!

I was lost away from God for 20 years+ (we are close in age) in gnostic occult nonsense. This made me think I interpreted and changed and upheld reality through my mind (transurfing reality, mind-energy for pushing 'quantum pendulums', and more things which are tricks - only tricks and snares).

These are now seeds (and great sources) of temptation to me as I come to Christs only true Orthodox Church. The temptation is for me to think I have seen more 'revelation' then others. This allows me to test my faith in obedience to the faith of the Church, or choose my past experiences.

When the Church says doctrine that I 'do not agree with' (or think I know better) I am learning to accept their is no need for me to 'solve' and actually, its not my responsibility. The Church and Faith does not require my 'approval'.

I was not holy - at all - during my 'revelations' either - which helps me ground myself. How many Saints actually receive visions? Very very few!

So I likely saw a mixture of some truth, and mostly lies - the truth was perhaps let in by God to save me from complete destruction, when I desired the comforting lies of the enemy.

This is a good talk by Fr Hopko at roughly 30 minutes, 'the scriptures existed before me, traditions existed before me, the church existed before me. They [church, traditions, dogma] were not waiting for me to interpret and change.' Though he is speaking on about a Evangelical conference, it fits this conversation I believe.
An Orthodox Assessment of Evangelicalism - Speaking the Truth in Love | Ancient Faith Ministries

This would be a good test of God, no? If I have pride left over that says 'I learned something deep and beyond the Church', I would then deny His church through my disobedience, refusing to humble myself, I then say to God 'no thank you' to the very long journey he gave me to bring me to the faith of the Orthodox Church! I would go back to choosing myself, and not Christ!

I pray this helps you, as I still struggle with this mightily even if your 'secret' knowledge is different then mine - and I think your 'revelation' would become a stumbling block to others. All of the holy Fathers (as was stated earlier) say to flee fantasy, flee imagination, flee visions. My priest has very nicely helped me with my own ego-heretical ideas - which I don't 'believe' anymore but they rise up like a current and overwhelm me quite often.

These 'revelations' (in my opinion only) are just tricky, very specific snares to trap certain souls, because they are intoxicating. Do you not think about why you have this burning desire to 'reveal' new knowledge? You are so new to the forum, but want to talk about new knowledge and revelation already!

But, that is a trick, and not from God :) What is from God, is you going back to the Church.

I will quote what you wrote, which for me, is true revelation!
Still I could not get rid of my sins and did not listen to the church! From this point in my life now(!) I know I should better be guided by the orthodox church. Everytime I did not listen I had to regret this.

Fr Kosmas of Australia, has some great series on visions and revelations with Holy Fathers and monks - including one 'guardian angel' (demon) who prayed with a monk for a full year. A year! Prayed and did prostrations with him! As St John of the Ladder says, we don't have the experience of the demons! They have so many tricks!

Talk 33: And No Wonder, for Even Satan Disguises Himself as an Angel of Light

Talk 33: And No Wonder, for Even Satan Disguises Himself as an Angel of Light
https://www.orthodoxtalks.com/talk-...satan-disguises-himself-as-an-angel-of-light/

• Winner
Reactions: Ezana
Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Welcome to the forum @SalemsConcordance and thank you you write me :)

No I do not need necessarily to share it, I just search for people who accept me as I am. I was often tricked by tha black power, this is not the point. I just cant do anything about it, the present God told me about is true, and by the way I knew about reincarnation. This was not a trick for me. It was not the main message, just I could not have known otherwise about it. This will sound strange for everybody I am aware of it. About the other things I am alwys aware. I really asked God why church does not teach about this reincarnation thing and He explained it to me. So I absolutely know it is God's will the church not to teach it. It opened a new door to me that God sometimes decides for us what is better for us even if we then do not know the "whole truth". In my church there are several people who also know about this. So I am not afraid. I assume this is something secret. I do not need to convince anybody. But all my friends know about me what is important to know about me. So simple it is :)). Thank you!

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Whenever something occult is to much for you it is okay to step away from it. Even if it is overwhelming. Everything that is not about the main message it is okay to step away and just leave it. There are people outside, like me, remembering their past lifes, but not everybody was feeling well about it. So it is okay to not think about it and just continue the journey. Nobody needs to force himself into such things. Just for me it was connected with the present, with the message from God. Otherwise I would also try to ignore it.

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
How did God save you from self-destruction? Gnostic text I found interesting as I got a present book about it, but it was long ago and I did not go deep into it. I would like to hear your story if you want to share it with me privately.

Upvote 0

SalemsConcordance

Oct 5, 2020
Westcoast
✟28,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How did God save you from self-destruction? Gnostic text I found interesting as I got a present book about it, but it was long ago and I did not go deep into it. I would like to hear your story if you want to share it with me privately.
Well, these are things I now reject categorically and do not dwell on as much as possible, and refuse to speak of them in detail (not as an offense to you mind you!), because the Church and Church Fathers know better then my inquiring mind which desires to 'know' things which are not mine to know.

I also do not know what would be a stumbling block to others - obviously certain things are a stumbling block to me, but are neutral or harmless to others.

I even threw away, and deleted over 20 years of my writings on fictional things (mostly horror and terror of eternity (fancy that!)), draft-novels, nearly completed novels, ideas, dreams, poems and the like because they all pointed to darkness. This was at least two tubs of paper, and perhaps gigabytes of things I thought were very important in my delusions. They are not, because I was trying to 'solve' eternity in my own pride.

I think you'd greatly enjoy the book "Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives: The Life and Teachings of Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica." There is a 5 part series by the Youtube channel below also:

Lord bless!

Upvote 0