Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In 1979 I was stationed at Homestaed AFB Florida. It was before the Marlins existed.
4 of us decided to go see a triple-A game in Miami.
The guys said (to me) "let's go in Grady's car -- it's got more room than your Honda" -- I said "Yeah, but Grady's has no A/C" but whatever, I was glad not to drive.
The quality of the minor league game was quite good.
Grady was one of the black guys allowed to grow a beard, cuz of Pseudofollicalitis Barbi, he also smoked a pipe, and looked like a black Leprechan.
He had a huge beat-up ole car, driving with windows down in the heat.
It was the only 3A game I ever saw, I have seen Frisco RoughRiders - double-A.
I have also been at Rangers ballpark high up behind left field in triple digit weather -- not pleasant. The new roofed stadium should be great.
Rangers and Astros tonight, I guess tomorrow also.

Last edited:

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In 1979 I was stationed at Homestaed AFB Florida. It was before the Marlins existed.
4 of us decided to go see a triple-A game in Miami.
The guys said (to me) "let's go in Grady's car -- it's got more room than your Honda" -- I said "Yeah, but Grady's has no A/C" but whatever, I was glad not to drive.
The quality of the minor league game was quite good.
Grady was one of the black guys allowed to grow a beard, cuz of Pseudofollialitis Barbi, he also smoked a pipe, and looked like a black Leprechan.
He had a huge beat-up ole car, driving with windows down in the heat.
It was the only 3A game I ever saw, I have seen Frisco RoughRiders - double-A.
I have also been at Rangers ballpark high up behind left field in triple digit weather -- not pleasant. The new roofed stadium should be great.
Rangers and Astros tonight, I guess tomorrow also.
I'm not far from Round Rock and we get down there a few times a season. Great ballpark and good family atmosphere. Couple a nights a week they let the kids run the bases after the game. Boys loved that growing up as they both played and yours truly coached their teams.

Have not been up to Globe Life in a couple of years. I live 3.5 hours south so you have to make a weekend of it.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someday I will make it to a Round Rock game; that's about 80 miles south of me.
Looks like Astros will take Rangers tonight, tomorrow evening they play again.
Decent Salt Lick BBQ outside the Ballpark at the Dell Diamond.

Upvote 0