My thoughts right now: How to really help people be better people...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
How to really help people be better people...?

And it stick, be good, effective, permanent, and work...?

(Professional counseling/therapy for issues)...

Teach how to be more responsible, less depressed and down, and how to have some stability, peace, and control...

Feeling or being alone, and others that you try to let in getting you in trouble, making you lose things...

Some people really suck, how do we change that...? And people who are alone are vulnerable... To people who really suck...

You ever meet those people who will suck and drain you dry, and usually frustrate you to no end and not listen and leave you feeling exhausted in the end...?

To many people have a "me, me, me" and "I" problem IMO...

What do you do with these types/people...?

How do we really help people be better people and it stick...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I live alone and have very few friends, and am wondering "where do I find them?", good friends, that are on my level, that you don't have to feel like your constantly having to try and help and aid ans assist and try to lift up, or try to get them to go on up[ higher, all the time... Just to try and get them on your level only so you can really truly relate and really truly connect and operate on the same level for once... Most people I can't, not really, (really relate and truly connect with/to) I feel like I have to do a lot of work just to get them on that level where we really can (really relate and truly connect)...

And that's really all I want, (understanding) (relation/connectivity) but I didn't realize I think, that once I got on this level, how very hard they would be to find, and even harder, to cause to get there, so you can...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Teach how to be more responsible, less depressed and down, and how to have some stability, peace, and control...

Feeling or being alone, and others that you try to let in getting you in trouble, making you lose things...

Some people really suck, how do we change that...? And people who are alone are vulnerable... To people who really suck...

You ever meet those people who will suck and drain you dry, and usually frustrate you to no end and not listen and leave you feeling exhausted in the end...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

I'm going to hazard to say ... You can't make other people better. Even God has a difficult time with that.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not saying "my/this level" as if I'm so high or far up of something, IOW's it's not ego saying that, it's just truth...

It's just a certain perspective, on life, other people, everything... And I want to find someone, some other human being who knows it, and understands it, just so I can have a friend, someone I can really relate to and we relate to each other, and can really connect on that level, and with that mutual perspective/understanding...

Maybe only God himself can, IDK...? But I'm losing hope at this point...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm going to hazard to say ... You can't make other people better. Even God has a difficult time with that.
IMO, if we don't find a way, then we are lost...

Isn't that supposed to be the point of Christianity, preaching, evangelizing, ect, and Christian teachings...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I live alone and have very few friends, and am wondering "where do I find them?", good friends, that are on my level, that you don't have to feel like your constantly having to try and help and aid ans assist and try to lift up, or try to get them to go on up[ higher, all the time... Just to try and get them on your level only so you can really truly relate and really truly connect and operate on the same level for once... Most people I can't, not really, (really relate and truly connect with/to) I feel like I have to do a lot of work just to get them on that level where we really can (really relate and truly connect)...

And that's really all I want, (understanding) (relation/connectivity) but I didn't realize I think, that once I got on this level, how very hard they would be to find, and even harder, to cause to get there, so you can...

Anyway,

God Bless!

I would suggest that you find friends in church ... or in associations that have a particular appeal to you. As they say ... birds of a feather fly together ... "

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I would suggest that you find friends in church ... or in associations that have a particular appeal to you. As they say ... birds of a feather fly together ... "
Yeah, a "church", OK...

If anything those people are the least on my/this level...

Got any other suggestions or ideas or alternatives maybe...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Isn't that supposed to be the point of Christianity, preaching, evangelizing, etc., and Christian teachings...?

God Bless!

You're not making people better, ... you're introducing them to (or encouraging them to be more committed to following) ... Someone Who can make them better.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You're not making people better, ... you're introducing them to (or encouraging them to be more committed to following) ... Someone Who can make them better.
OK, how about "properly motivate" them then...? Maybe that is a better word, I certainly did not mean "make" as in "force", that's not what I meant... Guide and direct them into making the right choices and decisions and taking the right actions and steps into having the right kinds of thoughts, ideas, and perspectives that would make them better, and better people...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, a "church", OK...

If anything those people are the least on my/this level...

Got any other suggestions or ideas or alternatives maybe...?

God Bless!

It's the command of scripture that we not forsake our assemblage with the people of the church.

And, honestly, your emphasis on "your level" concerns me a bit.

Alternatives: join a cross-denominational Bible Study group, join a community-based ministry, ...

In other words, join with people who are interested in the same things you are ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK, how about "properly motivate" them then...? Maybe that is a better word, I certainly did not mean "make" as in "force", that's not what I meant... Guide and direct them into making the right choices and decisions and taking the right actions and steps into having the right kinds of thoughts, ideas, and perspectives that would make them better, and better people...

God Bless!

I really don't think that there is much that you can effectively do ... other than to follow the lead of the Master ...

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It's the command of scripture that we not forsake our assemblage with the people of the church.

And, honestly, your emphasis on "your level" concerns me a bit.

Alternatives: join a cross-denominational Bible Study group, join a community-based ministry, ...

In other words, join with people who are interested in the same things you are ...
Thanks, I'll try it, maybe...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We are not the Potter ... we are clay like everybody else ...
Yet it is inevitable that we influence each other all the time, and one can purposely direct that influence they have on another...

So, what should we direct it to...? Since we have influence and cannot change that, how should we go about using that influence, or directing the course of that influence... For the good, of course...

God Bless!

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,911.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's hard but doing "good" even when others don't is perhaps the best way to change them.

Titus 3.1
Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people. For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

Last edited:
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Comments...?

God Bless!

The only truly effective help is from transformation through Christ. Such as we can learn many places, but a good one is Matthew 11:28-30 -- the only real peace that truly can endure all conditions.

To get that peace, the real, one truly has to "learn from" Him, not just learn a part of what He said a church happens to teach, but all He teaches, fully enough. For instance, one should truly absorb Mark 10:13 Context: They were bringing to him little children, that he should touch them, but the disciples rebuked those who were bringing them. verses 13-16. To get that crucial verse 15 we must have. Christians really need the fullness of what Christ teaches us, not just a part.

Upvote 0

Madsaac

Aug 4, 2010
✟16,973.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Isn't that supposed to be the point of Christianity, preaching, evangelizing, ect, and Christian teachings...?

God Bless!

As a non Christian I find that concept of trying to preach, evangelize other people to be the point of Christianity strange. I think the main point of Jesus is for us to live a life that Jesus would like us too live.

A new 'friend' doesn't have to believe in what you believe to have a good heart. Can't you show and influence them through your actions.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet it is inevitable that we influence each other all the time, and one can purposely direct that influence they have on another...

So, what should we direct it to...? Since we have influence and cannot change that, how should we go about using that influence, or directing the course of that influence... For the good, of course...

God Bless!

Yes ... we should influence for the good ... to the extent that we can ...

Upvote 0