Grande Prairie
✟16,235.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I'm new here and this is my first post. Growing up, I've always been a skeptic and somewhat of a conspiracy theorist. I believe I was steered towards this mindset at a young age by all the inconsistencies encountered between what I was taught and what I saw first-hand about the world around me. This applies to both science and religion. So many things don't add up when I start investigating the past. Science says the earth formed billions of years ago in a universe that began billions of years before that. I was raised in a Christian home and was taught the Earth and everything on it was created just thousands of years ago over the course of 6 days. Other religions and myths also teach of how their God or gods created the Earth much more recently than billions of years ago. Their stories differ in many ways but they also all have many things in common. The legend of a great flood in our not so distant past can be found in almost all religions or myths around the world as just one example and when I look around with my own eyes I can see so much evidence to back up that claim. Our scientists and archaeologists however, say otherwise.
So which is it? Did all life evolve over eons to become what we now are, or were we all created and placed here in our current forms? Is there any historical truth to the stories handed down over the years or are they just myths? I believe most of these stories are based in historic fact but over the years they each have had parts lost in translation. There is enough commonality left though, I believe, to piece together a picture of what they were all trying to tell us. The following is my attempt to present a creation story that utilizes as many of these commonalities together from all the creation stories I've read combined with the Genesis story of the Bible I was raised with. This is a theory and not meant to offend anyone's religion. Read it as a work of fiction and I look forward to any discussion or debate that follows. Here goes...read attached PDF file. If you want to skip the boring "something from nothing" part and get to the more interesting reading, then skip to the last paragraph on page 3 that starts with "Out of all things created,"

Attachments

• My Theory of creation.pdf
    345.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Reactions: cloudyday2
Dec 3, 2020
Boston
✟726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mean it that a man in northern Greece.. in a village had a Dream to take a local crippled man to the mountain to a Holy Fountain. To wash the man's legs with Holy Water.. Well he woke up and obeyed that Instruction, and the crippled man walks.. This was about 11 or so years ago, then I visited Greece at someone's house that my mortal family knew, they told us the news.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In answer to the OP life on earth evolved and the universe is almost 14 billion years old . There’s no refuting evidence for either of these. If you were told that there is refuting evidence then you were lied to. Mainstream biologists consider evolution to be a simple fact . Mainstream cosmologists consider the old age of the universe to be a simple fact .

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0
Dec 3, 2020
Grande Prairie
✟16,235.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In answer to the OP life on earth evolved and the universe is almost 14 billion years old . There’s no refuting evidence for either of these. If you were told that there is refuting evidence then you were lied to. Mainstream biologists consider evolution to be a simple fact . Mainstream cosmologists consider the old age of the universe to be a simple fact .
Read the attached PDF file and you will see that I don't argue those facts. I explain how both old and young creation can be right

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I read part of that , you seem to be proposing a sort of multiverse if I understood you correctly .

I guess it’s just me but I’ve never cared whether scripture gives accurate information about nature or not . I do care whether or not science gives accurate info or our technology will kill us .

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The earth is plainly very old, therefore Genesis 1 describes a re-creation or renewal of the earth's ecology (Gap theory). The original language is written as a stream of consciousness, however if it were a modern novel there would be a page title followed by the narrative, i.e.:

In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And The Earth.

But the earth became an empty wasteland and darkness covered the deep... (the renewal story follows)

Last edited:
Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0
Dec 3, 2020
Boston
✟726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The earth is plainly very old, therefore Genesis 1 describes a re-creation or renewal of the earth's ecology (Gap theory). The bible is written as a stream of consciousness, however if it were a modern novel there would be a page title followed by the narrative, i.e.:

In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And The Earth.

But the earth became an empty wasteland... (the renewal story follows)
Wrong.

Upvote 0
Dec 3, 2020
Grande Prairie
✟16,235.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I read part of that , you seem to be proposing a sort of multiverse if I understood you correctly .

I guess it’s just me but I’ve never cared whether scripture gives accurate information about nature or not . I do care whether or not science gives accurate info or our technology will kill us .
Not a multi-verse but I blame me for my lack of artistic writing. I bored you with the something for nothing part before it gets interesting so you gave up. I appreciate the feedback and i'll look at ways to make it less boring.

• Friendly
Reactions: SunAndRain
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You weren’t boring I’m just not interested in the subject . It’s sorta like I like houseplants and you’d care less . I only chimed in with my opinion because I actually do have a biology degree so I really know what evolution is . I’ve met very few non scientists who do and have even had the experience of a few scientists in other fields not understanding it .

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,312.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Our scientists and archaeologists however, say otherwise.
So which is it? Did all life evolve over eons to become what we now are, or were we all created and placed here in our current forms?
The Earth is showing us of a very old age as well as evolved life. I don't believe that the Earth can lie. God, as I experience the Divine is a Life Force with in this Creation. Life Creates Life. It's a Creating Force that never ends.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My theory of the creation of the universe, the Earth and the great flood

You can end all this wondering about Gods creation. God created a flat stationary dome earth and heavens. The sun, moon and stars are local placed inside the raqia (dome) moving over the earth like a clock, to give light on the earth. Above earth/land there are three heavens 1.the sky (where the sun, moon and stars are) 2. a heaven above the raqia and the third heaven where paul was taken to.

No outer space/universe where the sun, moon and stars are millions-trillions of miles away.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As much as I like this engraving i dont think it reflects reality very well
6F45DA84-0E66-4673-9C88-F59AE9088D52.jpeg

Upvote 0
Dec 3, 2020
Grande Prairie
✟16,235.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My theory of the creation of the universe, the Earth and the great flood

You can end all this wondering about Gods creation. God created a flat stationary dome earth and heavens. The sun, moon and stars are local placed inside the raqia (dome) moving over the earth like a clock, to give light on the earth. Above earth/land there are three heavens 1.the sky (where the sun, moon and stars are) 2. a heaven above the raqia and the third heaven where paul was taken to.

No outer space/universe where the sun, moon and stars are millions-trillions of miles away.
I understand you didn't read my full post but here are just a couple paragraph from the attached PDF.

"Our planet Earth was completely covered with water with no land on the surface when the two halves came together and lowered down over the north and south poles, enclosing the waterball of Earth inside it like the yoke in the egg. This blocked out all light from the sun and stars. With the Earth inside the egg, they now began their mission, to birth a living, breathing planet and reseed the human race. Stage 1 of this process involved turning on the lights. This was not a full spectrum of light like we get from the sun though, it was individual lights of specific type and color (more like heat lamps). Next they separated the area that received light from the area that didn't (separating the light from the darkness). Light was shone on the whole earth except for a band around the equator which was kept dark. This started stage 2 which caused the equator area to freeze solid all the way to the ocean floor and it became a solid firm ring (or firmament) around the planet that separated the waters above in the northern hemisphere from the waters below in the southern hemisphere. Stage 3 required pumping the water from the southern hemisphere onto the frozen equator where it piled up as ice until the south had been drained and the dry land appeared. Huge machinery went to work mining and smelting the dirt and ores. The southern hemisphere became a fiery underworld pit of heavy machinery doing mining, digging and smelting on a scale that's hard to humanly imagine. Dirt was removed and transported to the northern hemisphere and stacked up to create one giant continent and seeds were planted for grass, plants and trees. Materials from the southern hemisphere are also taken outside the egg at this point and the construction of the moon begins in space. Stage 4 involved setting up two grow lights. One brighter than the other to simulate the sun and moon. These are not the sun and moon though. They are specific colored lights, set up to grow plants while inside the egg and hidden from the sun. These were set in place in the northern hemisphere, in line with the sun and moon so they revolved around the earth in the same way the sun and moon do outside the egg. This created a day and night cycle of light and dark and simulated seasons so the plants will bud and produce more seeds to repeat the cycle. Stage 5 introduced fish and birds now that they have plants and trees to house and feed them. 5 Stage 6 saw the creation of the animals and finally, man and woman Stage 7 , humans are guided and taught about their planet and how to survive. They are shown the differences between the different plants and animals and what to eat or not eat"

and also,
"Anyone on the planet at that time would have described the earth as a flat circle. It has a convex curve to the land with the ocean and eventually an ice-wall surrounding it and the dome of the heavens or egg above it. Very much like today's flat earthers' model. The land down under,below the frozen equator, wasn't considered earth then, it was the pits of the Underworld."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I understand you didn't read my full post but here are just a couple paragraph from the attached PDF.

"Our planet Earth was completely covered with water with no land on the surface when the two halves came together and lowered down over the north and south poles, enclosing the waterball of Earth inside it like the yoke in the egg. This blocked out all light from the sun and stars. With the Earth inside the egg, they now began their mission, to birth a living, breathing planet and reseed the human race. Stage 1 of this process involved turning on the lights. This was not a full spectrum of light like we get from the sun though, it was individual lights of specific type and color (more like heat lamps). Next they separated the area that received light from the area that didn't (separating the light from the darkness). Light was shone on the whole earth except for a band around the equator which was kept dark. This started stage 2 which caused the equator area to freeze solid all the way to the ocean floor and it became a solid firm ring (or firmament) around the planet that separated the waters above in the northern hemisphere from the waters below in the southern hemisphere. Stage 3 required pumping the water from the southern hemisphere onto the frozen equator where it piled up as ice until the south had been drained and the dry land appeared. Huge machinery went to work mining and smelting the dirt and ores. The southern hemisphere became a fiery underworld pit of heavy machinery doing mining, digging and smelting on a scale that's hard to humanly imagine. Dirt was removed and transported to the northern hemisphere and stacked up to create one giant continent and seeds were planted for grass, plants and trees. Materials from the southern hemisphere are also taken outside the egg at this point and the construction of the moon begins in space. Stage 4 involved setting up two grow lights. One brighter than the other to simulate the sun and moon. These are not the sun and moon though. They are specific colored lights, set up to grow plants while inside the egg and hidden from the sun. These were set in place in the northern hemisphere, in line with the sun and moon so they revolved around the earth in the same way the sun and moon do outside the egg. This created a day and night cycle of light and dark and simulated seasons so the plants will bud and produce more seeds to repeat the cycle. Stage 5 introduced fish and birds now that they have plants and trees to house and feed them. 5 Stage 6 saw the creation of the animals and finally, man and woman Stage 7 , humans are guided and taught about their planet and how to survive. They are shown the differences between the different plants and animals and what to eat or not eat"

and also,
"Anyone on the planet at that time would have described the earth as a flat circle. It has a convex curve to the land with the ocean and eventually an ice-wall surrounding it and the dome of the heavens or egg above it. Very much like today's flat earthers' model. The land down under,below the frozen equator, wasn't considered earth then, it was the pits of the Underworld."

No need in spending time reading theories, the Bible gives the true account of Gods creation, Genesis 1 and other bits of information throughout the pages till Revelation.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0
Dec 3, 2020
Grande Prairie
✟16,235.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No need in spending time reading theories, the Bible gives the true account of Gods creation, Genesis 1 and other bits of information throughout the pages till Revelation.
Thank you for your feedback, I look forward to further comments on posts you haven't read.

• Winner
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,312.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
As much as I like this engraving i dont think it reflects reality very well View attachment 290003
I have this image as my phones wallpaper. It's not suppose to reflect reality. But it does suggest looking through the veil, which is something that Mystics tend to do.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,312.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others

and also,
As suggested in the OP, I read it as a work of fiction.

Upvote 0