kingston
✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On January 9th 2011 I was listening to the book of Matthew in my living room on my laptop. As the Lord was being quoted in the audio my ears were opened for the first time to the word of God. In this moment I knew Jesus was God in heaven and upon this revelation I knew I was guilty and was going to be judged by him. This is when a terrifying fear came over me that I never felt before, this fear was so terrible that I immediately shut off the audio and got up from my sofa and started pacing around in my living room to shake it free. So there was I in my home by my self agonizing over this condemnation, this fear of Christ. My pacing ended in my kitchen and it was there that I accepted the judgment and knowing that I could do nothing, not even dismiss these thoughts, I did what any little boy would do, even though I was 33: I cried and admitted my faults, and being ashamed and crying the last thing I said to Jesus was have mercy on me. After this clearing of my self I went back into the living room and sat down and as soon as I sat with my eyes being opened I had a vision, and there in the darkness of this vision I saw the Son of God crucified and upon this vision I believed Jesus Christ died for my sins. Believing in what I saw was the only thing that took the fear away and replaced it with comfort.

We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen: I know not anything among you save Jesus Christ and him crucified.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
On January 9th 2011 I was listening to the book of Matthew in my living room on my laptop. As the Lord was being quoted in the audio my ears were opened for the first time to the word of God. In this moment I knew Jesus was God in heaven and upon this revelation I knew I was guilty and was going to be judged by him. This is when a terrifying fear came over me that I never felt before, this fear was so terrible that I immediately shut off the audio and got up from my sofa and started pacing around in my living room to shake it free. So there was I in my home by my self agonizing over this condemnation, this fear of Christ. My pacing ended in my kitchen and it was there that I accepted the judgment and knowing that I could do nothing, not even dismiss these thoughts, I did what any little boy would do, even though I was 33: I cried and admitted my faults, and being ashamed and crying the last thing I said to Jesus was have mercy on me. After this clearing of my self I went back into the living room and sat down and as soon as I sat with my eyes being opened I had a vision, and there in the darkness of this vision I saw the Son of God crucified and upon this vision I believed Jesus Christ died for my sins. Believing in what I saw was the only thing that took the fear away and replaced it with comfort.

We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen: I know not anything among you save Jesus Christ and him crucified.
Thank you for sharing and welcome to the forums.

Upvote 0