ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My take on abortion is, it is essentially yet another sad episode of mass genocide in human history. Don't get me wrong, there are times it may be needed, such as with an ectopic pregnancy that needs to be disposed of or the woman bleeds to death because it is lodged in her tubes. But for the most part, abortion is simply a financial decision.

Most women have abortions because of their finances

Top Reasons Women Have an Abortion

Now for the Bible. We are told a rather strange story in the Bible regarding
Abraham. Abraham is told to take his son and sacrifice him. Now this may be a rather strange thing to ask, but if you put it into the context of the time, this was a normal thing to ask. For you see, pagan religions of that time all sacrificed their children to the gods. Essentially, God was telling Abraham to do the expected thing, only, when God stopped him it sent a message to those people in that time that he was a different kind of God.

Child sacrifice - Wikipedia

So why did they do it? They did it for the same reason women have abortions today. It was a financial decision to benefit their bottom line. They either wanted better crops, victory at war, or ironically fertility so they could have more workers to help them. And today, women are having abortions in mass, not only to side steps the ever increasing financial hardship in affording them, but also because of the hard decision of choosing a career that is not child friendly over the life of their child. After all, no matter who you are, money talks.

Now there are those who would say, what about back alley abortions? If you outlaw abortions, many women will take this choice and many will die from it. Ever heard of Kermit Gosnell? He was an abortion doctor in a major city who was flagged for multiple health violations in the 1970's To make a long story short, instead of shutting him down, the state simply stopped coming around because abortion was a political football just like it is today. Then the FBI then crossed paths with him over narcotic usage, but it turned up nothing. However, local law enforcement also worked with them but were appalled at the conditions. They pleaded with the FBI to help investigate, but I reckon they had Russian spies to chase instead. So local law enforcement launched their own investigation and found that the doctor was responsible for murdering viable infants, and even a few women. However, before the investigation the local law enforcement was warned not to investigate the abortion doctor, or their careers could be negatively effected. Luckily they had the courage to proceed as well.

Gosnell became America's most proficient mass murderer in US history, but many of you probably have never heard of him, because, abortion is a political football. In fact, Gosnell targeted minority women in particular for poor care because he knew they were less apt to sue him, so he cut corners to save costs as many lost their lives over the years. And not a word from the NAACP. Why, cuz abortion is such a political football.

So this man went 30 years murdering God only knows how many viable infants and women, all because the state was squeamish about stopping any abortion doctor because of political reasons. Yes dear friends, back alley abortions continue and I believe on a mass scale. After all, Gosnell when 30 years doing it and only a fluke stopped him. I believe this to be an epidemic in the US today.

So as we see, Gosnell got insanely rich doing this as women all across the country were financially better off having killed their offspring, that is, if they survived Gosnell. But you might even say that the Holocaust was over money. Essentially they took their gold and sent them off to die. In fact, Hitler told the conquered nations to simply round up the Jews, take their gold, and send them to Germany to die in order to stabilize their economies. Shrug, it worked.

But we were all warned that the love of money is the root of all evil, and today not only is abortion a billion dollar industry, they top it off by selling baby parts from what I hear. I reckon it is part of our DNA

Last edited:

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
In this day and age there really is no excuse.
Hello brother, I totally agree with you. Nevertheless, the stats tell us that as many or more deaths have occurred in the world by abortion (since 1980 AD) than have been caused by both war and pandemics combined in the entirety of our recorded history :(

And VERY sadly, the number of recorded abortions continues to rise rapidly: The Abortion Clock

God bless you!

--David

"A baby is cradled / carried in the womb of it's mother, to grow and be nurtured until birth. Each baby is a wholly separate person from it's mother: With different DNA, different fingerprints, with possibly a different blood type or the opposite sex. The baby is a person living within a person and not "the mother's body". The mom is appointed to care for the separate life she carries within her and once it's born, find a home for her baby, if she can't provide one." -- Melody Green

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello brother, I totally agree with you. Nevertheless, the stats tell us that as many or more deaths have occurred in the world by abortion (since 1980 AD) than have been caused by both war and pandemics combined in the entirety of our recorded history :(

And VERY sadly, the number of recorded abortions continues to rise rapidly: The Abortion Clock

God bless you!

--David

"A baby is cradled / carried in the womb of it's mother, to grow and be nurtured until birth. Each baby is a wholly separate person from it's mother: With different DNA, different fingerprints, with possibly a different blood type or the opposite sex. The baby is a person living within a person and not "the mother's body". The mom is appointed to care for the separate life she carries within her and once it's born, find a home for her baby, if she can't provide one." -- Melody Green
Thank you for that post, David.
I looked at the abortion clock, it is horrific and you can hardly comprehend the number and speed of abortions taking place even at this very minute.
It really is child sacrifice, yet people would think they are so more "advanced" than those doing child sacrifices to Moloch in the Bible.
We are sacrificing to the god of self=Satan.

I have not always been Christian and remember when I was young that I thought it was no big deal. ( I'm ashamed to say) but in general unless you see things as a Christian, who believes all life is precious, it is very hard to reason with a person who does not believe.
The true cause of abortion is sin.
(Fornication, rape, incest )
I even heard at the start of the pandemic, Boris Johnson (UK Prime Minister ) say that abortions would be still available throughout even at home (guessing via abortion pill) as it was an "essential service".:cry:
Its probably the same here in Australia.

God help us all.

The only comfort I can take is that those precious souls are now cared for by our loving Heavenly Father.
If we feel bad, imagine how He does.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My take on abortion is, it is essentially yet another sad episode of mass genocide in human history. Don't get me wrong, there are times it may be needed, such as with an ectopic pregnancy that needs to be disposed of or the woman bleeds to death because it is lodged in her tubes. But for the most part, abortion is simply a financial decision.

Most women have abortions because of their finances

Top Reasons Women Have an Abortion

Now for the Bible. We are told a rather strange story in the Bible regarding
Abraham. Abraham is told to take his son and sacrifice him. Now this may be a rather strange thing to ask, but if you put it into the context of the time, this was a normal thing to ask. For you see, pagan religions of that time all sacrificed their children to the gods. Essentially, God was telling Abraham to do the expected thing, only, when God stopped him it sent a message to those people in that time that he was a different kind of God.

Child sacrifice - Wikipedia

So why did they do it? They did it for the same reason women have abortions today. It was a financial decision to benefit their bottom line. They either wanted better crops, victory at war, or ironically fertility so they could have more workers to help them. And today, women are having abortions in mass, not only to side steps the ever increasing financial hardship in affording them, but also because of the hard decision of choosing a career that is not child friendly over the life of their child. After all, no matter who you are, money talks.

Now there are those who would say, what about back alley abortions? If you outlaw abortions, many women will take this choice and many will die from it. Ever heard of Kermit Gosnell? He was an abortion doctor in a major city who was flagged for multiple health violations in the 1970's To make a long story short, instead of shutting him down, the state simply stopped coming around because abortion was a political football just like it is today. Then the FBI then crossed paths with him over narcotic usage, but it turned up nothing. However, local law enforcement also worked with them but were appalled at the conditions. They pleaded with the FBI to help investigate, but I reckon they had Russian spies to chase instead. So local law enforcement launched their own investigation and found that the doctor was responsible for murdering viable infants, and even a few women. However, before the investigation the local law enforcement was warned not to investigate the abortion doctor, or their careers could be negatively effected. Luckily they had the courage to proceed as well.

Gosnell became America's most proficient mass murderer in US history, but many of you probably have never heard of him, because, abortion is a political football. In fact, Gosnell targeted minority women in particular for poor care because he knew they were less apt to sue him, so he cut corners to save costs as many lost their lives over the years. And not a word from the NAACP. Why, cuz abortion is such a political football.

So this man went 30 years murdering God only knows how many viable infants and women, all because the state was squeamish about stopping any abortion doctor because of political reasons. Yes dear friends, back alley abortions continue and I believe on a mass scale. After all, Gosnell when 30 years doing it and only a fluke stopped him. I believe this to be an epidemic in the US today.

So as we see, Gosnell got insanely rich doing this as women all across the country were financially better off having killed their offspring, that is, if they survived Gosnell. But you might even say that the Holocaust was over money. Essentially they took their gold and sent them off to die. In fact, Hitler told the conquered nations to simply round up the Jews, take their gold, and send them to Germany to die in order to stabilize their economies. Shrug, it worked.

But we were all warned that the love of money is the root of all evil, and today not only is abortion a billion dollar industry, they top it off by selling baby parts from what I hear. I reckon it is part of our DNA

Jeremiah 17:9
Berean Study Bible
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I posted this in another thread, but here is it again...

How about Mandatory Vasectomy's for all Males post puberty?
They are fully reversible, and when a man can demonstrate he is mature and responsible enough, and has the financial wherewithal to be a father, and is old enough to sign a legally binding document committing to care for any child he conceives, then he can have the vasectomy reversed and begin the process.

The Abortion rate would drop to Zero.

We've been legislating the Bodies of the wrong gender. Lets legislate men's bodies for a change and we will get some REAL, pro life, results.

100% Mandatory Vasectomies, = 0% abortion rate

How could any pro life person oppose that?

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

They are fully reversible, and when a man can demonstrate he is mature and responsible enough, and has the financial wherewithal to be a father, and is old enough to sign a legally binding document committing to care for any child he conceives, then he can have the vasectomy reversed and begin the process.

We've been legislating the Bodies of the wrong gender. Lets legislate men's bodies for a change and we will get some REAL, pro life, results.

So when a vasectomy does fail and the woman gets pregnant, should she be allowed to have an abortion?

Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

The billion dollar abortion industry would stop it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can't afford to have a baby? Haven't they ever heard of contraception? In this day and age there really is no excuse.

If you are thinking that all men allow women to have reproductive control over their bodies and sexual practices like you do, then you are mistaken. And you don't seem to be saying that .
...there really is no excuse.

Lina Medina, from the Ticrapo District of Peru, gave birth by cesarean section in Lima at age 5 1⁄2. The infant was a 2.69 kg (5.9 lb), 47.5 cm (18.7 in) boy named Gerardo. Medina's parents, who assumed their daughter had a tumor, took her to a hospital, where she was then found to be 7 months pregnant when she was about 5 years and 6 months old. She gave birth 1 1⁄2 months later. By interrogating her parents, the doctors understood that Medina had entered into precocious puberty (when hormone glands are activated earlier than normal) very early after her birth.[1][2][3][4][5] Medina's father was arrested on suspicion of sexual abuse, but was later released due to lack of evidence, and the baby's biological father was never identified.[1][4]

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The Catholic Church opposes that. About as pro-life as you can get. Not to mention this is not a full proof guarantee of reversal and insurance does not pay for it. It’s expensive.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Catholic Church opposes that. About as pro-life as you can get. Not to mention this is not a full proof guarantee of reversal and insurance does not pay for it. It’s expensive.

how many abortions would it need to prevent in order for you to support it?
500,000?
50,000?
5,000?
500?
50?
5?

how much is one life saved worth?

or is saving lives not really the issue?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
500,000?
50,000?
5,000?
500?
50?
5?

Very strange...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
500,000?
50,000?
5,000?
500?
50?
5?

People wanting to save lives will raise any unwanted child in the entire world.
Especially the sickest ones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are thinking that all men allow women to have reproductive control over their bodies and sexual practices like you do, then you are mistaken. And you don't seem to be saying that .

Lina Medina, from the Ticrapo District of Peru, gave birth by cesarean section in Lima at age 5 1⁄2. The infant was a 2.69 kg (5.9 lb), 47.5 cm (18.7 in) boy named Gerardo. Medina's parents, who assumed their daughter had a tumor, took her to a hospital, where she was then found to be 7 months pregnant when she was about 5 years and 6 months old. She gave birth 1 1⁄2 months later. By interrogating her parents, the doctors understood that Medina had entered into precocious puberty (when hormone glands are activated earlier than normal) very early after her birth.[1][2][3][4][5] Medina's father was arrested on suspicion of sexual abuse, but was later released due to lack of evidence, and the baby's biological father was never identified.[1][4]

That was a horrific case you cited.
My comments were made because the majority (note majority, not all) of abortions carried out are highly preventable if contraception is used.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very strange...

It is strange to me that the motive doesn't seem to be as much about preventing abortion as it is about wanting Big Government to exert control over the sexual proclivities of women.

For when presented with a solution that would at the very least cut the abortion rate in half, and probably by 80-90%, whilst having little to no effect on the lives and livelihoods of women (in contrast to Big Government forcing them to carry a child to term) there seems to be no appetite for it from the pro forced birth crowd here.

Again, I can only conclude that preventing abortion is at best a secondary priority to wanting Big Government to tamp down on when, where and how women have sex.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is strange to me that the motive doesn't seem to be as much about preventing abortion as it is about wanting Big Government to exert control over the sexual proclivities of women.

For when presented with a solution that would at the very least cut the abortion rate in half, whilst having little to no effect on the lives and livelihoods of women (in contrast to Big Government forcing them to carry a child to term) there seems to be no appetite for it from the pro forced birth crowd here.

Again, I can only conclude that preventing abortion is at best a secondary priority to wanting Big Government to tamp down on when, where and how women have sex.
Again, strange for you to say.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, strange for you to say.
Well, Just calling it like I see it.

Why any self identified pro life proponent would be against a solution that would cut the abortion rate by 80-90% while at the same time recognizing that Women are allowed sovereign control over their own sex lives, is indeed baffling.

Again, I can only conclude that preventing abortion really isn't the main goal, and rather to main goal is making sure women understand they are NOT to have sovereign control of their own sex lives, if such a solution is rejected.

If you feel I'm misrepresenting your position, it'd be neat if you'd elucidate that for us.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, Just calling it like I see it.

Why any self identified pro life proponent would be against a solution that would cut the abortion rate by 80-90% while at the same time recognizing that Women are allowed sovereign control over their own sex lives, is indeed baffling.

Again, I can only conclude that preventing abortion really isn't the main goal, if such a solution is rejected.

If you feel I'm misrepresenting your position, it'd be neat if you'd elucidate that for us.
You should know what the Church teaches. Funny that you should need enlightenment on that. And advocate for required sterilization. Read up on it. You do not argue anything from that standpoint so I find it fruitless to discuss anything with you. You just go on with your witness.

Upvote 0