Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm just going to preface this by saying that this post might be kind of intense in nature since it's describing some pretty bad nightmares. If you can't read through it all, I completely understand. I tried to keep it as non-graphic as possible, however. Anyways, here's my story:

Between the ages of 12 and 15, I had some dreams and nightmares that were all connected in one way or another. During this point in time, I was very depressed and miserable because of the abusive environment that I was in, so I was considering running away. Actually, I had always pictured running away since I was 6 years old. I even had a "go-bag", which was essentially a collection of things I would take with me if I were to run away... But by the time I was 12, I was seriously considering it. What was to follow was a series of dreams and nightmares that I believe were divinely inspired. A warning of what might be to come if I decided to run away.

In these nightmares, I was a young run away in downtown. I decided to prostitute myself to survive, but at some point I ended up getting trafficked and it was horrible... the ring that I was in tattooed me in order to mark me as theirs. They made me do terrible things, including a situation where an abortion happened to me... It was all so vivid, and the crazy thing was that in real life, I was 12 years old and knew next to nothing about prostitution, much less the horrors of trafficking. There's no way I should have been able to know about half of the things that I saw in my nightmares.

Anyways, moving on, at some point in my dreams, I found a man who I ended up falling in love with. He would treat me with dignity instead of like a piece of meat, and I felt like a princess whenever I was with him. I always looked forward to dreams with him in it. And, at one point, he started to take me to church... and the me in my dreams fell in love with Jesus and the entire Church. It felt like God took care of everything and I no longer had to be alone. I don't see how I didn't see sooner what this was pointing me to, but I always wondered if I was meant to be Christian because of that dream. And a little more about the man that I fell in love with: He was likely based off of my elementary school crush, who also treated me like a close friend rather than someone to be shunned, bullied, and degraded. And, later on, I ended up finding out that this guy is Catholic. He's in a relationship now with someone else, but I'm just glad that he's happy...

Anyways, back to my story, at some point the man that I fell in love with ended up proposing to me. He wanted to marry me because he truly loved me... but I had to say no. I wish I could have said yes, but I was still in the clutches of that trafficking ring. I knew that if I were to marry him, we would be on the run for the rest of our lives, and I couldn't do that. Not to him. So after that I went to someone in the ring and told them I would no longer work for them and, long story short, I was murdered. After that, they moved me to a different location and I just watched the whole time from outside of my own body. Then I saw another version of myself show up. She was surrounded with light and was in white religious clothes. She told me that she was going to give me another chance at life and then traded her soul for mine??? It made sense in the dream, I dunno.

After that, I realized that this had been a cautionary tale to talk me out of running away from home, which I nearly did when I was 12 and again when I was 18 (before God gave me the strength to ask my grandparents to move in with them). But this story has a happy alternate ending as well. In the alternate ending, when trafficked me lived her life over again, this time there was no trafficking. She ended up finding her husband again, and this time she ended up having the baby that she had aborted in one of those previous nightmares... and it was a boy, who we named Joseph.

Those dreams taught me so much. They taught me about how painful abortion can be. They taught me about the harsh realities of trafficking. They showed me God's light and glory even before I could recognize it. They taught me what true love is supposed to look and feel like. And, most importantly, these dreams reminded me that someone is out there looking out for me. To this day, I still believe that those cautionary dreams came from somewhere important. Without them, I might not be here today. I could be out on the streets or dead. I'm sure it must sound silly, but really, I thank God for those dreams and nightmares that I had.

And that's my story of the day. I hope it wasn't too graphic to read, but I think this is an important story for me to share. I've got other dreams too, but I'll save those for another time. By the way, if I posted this in the wrong sub forum, feel free to move it or inform me. And, with all that being said, thanks for reading!

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Wow very intense dreams

I was talking to a friend recently, she said that she remembers her dreams about 3 or 4 days a week, I am on the opposite end, I only remember 1 or 2 dreams a year sometimes with years where I do not remember any dreams

Reactions: HoneyBee
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting. I do believe God uses our dreams at times but we also have our own issues as well. And well, some of our dreams are just dreams our brain manufactures. You may be working through some issues/trauma in your own mind. Dreaming has a purpose and God can use them for His purpose too. I know after my dad died when I was a kid, that was the first remembered nightmares I ever had started and I remember them to this day. They were so real!! I am praying for your discernment and the peace that only God can give. Keep us updated. :pray:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes God can use our dreams to warn us. He gave me a dream that repeated itself time and again.

The dream has come true and i stopped dreaming it.

As for you if you have grown up in an abusive situation it may well be worth while to get some trauma counselling. A lot of problems can be avoided if some of those booby-traps of your up bringing can spring while you receive good counselling support.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As for you if you have grown up in an abusive situation it may well be worth while to get some trauma counselling. A lot of problems can be avoided if some of those booby-traps of your up bringing can spring while you receive good counselling support.

First of all, I just wanted to thank you for the concern. That's very sweet of you. And secondly, I've attended therapy for awhile now to deal with the trauma in my past and I think I'm over it now, for the most part. But all the same, I thought I would share this dream just because I thought it was interesting that the Church was possibly being suggested to me even long before I learned anything about it or considered joining it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I have a lot of really intense, detailed dreams. Some I feel are from God, as a warning or advise. But, some I feel are from Satan, just to annoy me.
Thanks for sharing your dream. It was really interesting.

Upvote 0