Status
Not open for further replies.

StogusMaximus

Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
✟4,841.00
Faith
Protestant
I have been a christian("Little c") all my life. I new the basics of Jesus and God and the church and all, but I never exercised them. I was dragged to church as a child, but after a couple of moves to different cities, my family just stopped going. I kept the basic knowledge of Christ, but I did not live the life of a Christian.

Years pass, I grow up physically, but never spiritually. I got engaged and moved to Dallas with my fiancé. After a year of living together, we got married. Everything seems fine in our lives, however there were lots of fights over the garbage that I did in my past. One day I went to work and I was told that I was going to be fired, and it was because of my sins. I felt horrible and scared and ashamed. My wife and I decided to pull together and seek Christ. We needed guidance. We needed His help. We need a solution to the situation we were in.

After going to only one church for a couple of weeks, and praying really hard, I was offered a new job. Soon after, we stopped going to church. We were back to the normal situation, living our lives, with the knowledge of what Christ did for us but not living as Christians.

One day my wife tells me that a friend of hers who she works with has invited us to go to church with them. I agree and we head off to church on Sunday. The church was in a shopping center. There was something like 10 or 12 members of the church. It was not what I was looking for. When I was a child I remember the Baptist Minister getting worked up and really preaching. This pastor was quite and not really easy going. However, since my wife was good friends with a founding member, we went back the next Sunday.

Several weeks later, after attending church every Sunday, I had an extreme feeling that God was calling me. My wife and I started to attend the Sunday night and Wednesday night bible studies. We did activities with the members, we worked on mission projects. I built a web site for the church, we did neighborhood outreaches. We started a volleyball team, and a nursing home ministry.

I was touched by each and every member of the church, I found myself looking for Christ to guide me. I asked to baptized and I devoted my life to Christ. That was 2 years ago and since that time, we have moved from Dallas to Houston. My wife and I have found a new church to attend, and we will soon join this church. I now live my life with Christ as the captain, I am now concerned with pleasing God with everything I do. I am now a Christian with a capital C.

I look back over my life and I can see it divided into 2 sections....before Christ and with Christ. When I see the two sections it is amazing how much has changed how many blessing I have received in the "With Christ" section. I also see the lost and depression I had in the before Christ section.

• Winner
Reactions: tturt

Rob

Feb 25, 2002
Visit site
✟320.00
I grew up in a Christian home and my parents took me to a Lutheran Church all of my childhood. I went through confirmation classes at about 11 or 12 and was paraded in front of the congregation one Sunday where as a group we accepted Christ. The thing is it was much like one of the creeds we repeated each Sunday and really didn't have a whole lot of meaning for me.

As a teenager I rebelled against my parents and pretty much left church. I went to college, got a job, got married, bought a house and basically lived as I pleased. I was a "good" person. I obeyed the law and was successful by the worlds standards.

About 2 years ago I started attending a small nondenominational church. The main reason I went was for my 7 year old son. I wanted him to learn Christian values. The Church I went to allowed you to attend in jeans, the music is contemporary with a praise band and the sermons related to the real world. I would often find myself crying during the praise and worship music. I could actually feel the spirit. Jesus became personal to me over the next few months. I realized the difference between Knowing about God and knowing Jesus.

I have since surrendered my life to Christ and attempt to follow His path for me. I often stray and make mistakes but the differences Christ has made in me are striking. Thank you for this board. It will be a blessing to many.

• Winner
Upvote 0

RayNay714

Worshiper and Seeker
Feb 19, 2002
Kentucky
Visit site
✟807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I grew up in church my entire life (or as long as I can remember) and I always lived a good life. I have never been involved in anything bad (no drugs, drinking, sex) All my friends thought that I was perfect. But I had a secret. I hated myself, and I wanted to die. I tried several times to end my life, but God alway intervened, and when I was 13 I rededicated my life to Christ. My dad is a pastor and I think that a lot of times I felt that I had to be perfect, now I know that that isn't possible.
God is so good, and for all of you out there who are new Christians, remember that the road isn't always easy, but God will be there to pick you up when you feel like you can't go on. It is hard, but God is faithful. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have him.

• Winner
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.