• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's been hard for me to gain weight most of my adult life. I am 5'1" 33 years old, and 105 lbs..............Some of you may think that's a good thing, not as good as you may think. It has taken me roughly six months to go from 98 lbs to 105, and my goal weight is at LEAST 110.
It takes me months to gain weight and at the least bit of illness or stress, it only takes a week to lose it.
Due to a lot of stress, my lowest weight was 85 lbs. I looked into the mirror one day and sobbed for I didn't know the person looking back at me. To this day, I have pictures and my legs looked like toothpicks, my eyes were sunken, I just looked like skin stretched over bone.
Earlier this year, I was hospitalized for medication adjustment and doctors asked me if I was anorexic. I weighed 98 the day of admission. I begged them to put me on something that would help me gain weight. They even went as far as putting me on Ensure during my stay.

A couple times in my life, I found myself homeless and hungry. After gathering a few dollars, I was able to buy a jar of peanutbutter after not eating for a few days. I was never so glad to see a jar of peanutbutter in my life. The downside was, I had to ration it for I didn't know when it would be that I would get another bite to eat. That jar of peanutbutter lasted me four days. So many times in between those scoops of peanutbutter I would sit and dream of just having one good meal to eat.

"Looks" have become such an issue in this world, that people are forgetting what's REALLY important. You don't have to look like barbie and ken to be beautiful. It's what you have on the inside that matters most, and from experience, when you are satisfied with what's on the inside, everyone is going see your beauty from the inside and out.
When I first came to CF, (a year ago), my self-esteem wasn't the greatest. I was down on myself for being so under-weight and people were trying to get me to post a pic, but I was scared to. I finally posted one with my head down, so all you saw was mostly my hair and my puppy. After those people let me know that what I had on the inside is what made me beautiful, and that's without seeing me, I then got more confident. I then posted another pic and was looking sideways at the camera, but more of me showed. Now, I look straight on and no matter what, I am me. God didn't put me on this earth to look good for everyone else. He put me here for His reasons.
Even on those days when my weight drops and I feel less confident, I keep my head up and push forward. It's not my looks that makes me, it's my personality and my heart. Sure, I still want to weigh more, but I'm thankful for the poundage that I do have.
My point? When you get down on yourself, think about what's REALLY IMPORTANT.

When you feel guilty for eating, please do me a favor...........
Be thankful for being blessed with the food you've been provided for some would give anything to have just one bite off your plate.
When you feel bad for gaining a pound or two, don't sweat it. God made you in His image and regardless of how much you weigh, you are beautiful!
Wether you be under-weight, over-weight, or just right.............Just do your best and let God do the rest! :wave:

Reactions: HolyOne87

_CJ_

Mar 21, 2006
Earth
✟15,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yup. I'm underweight as well, but I decided not to focus on it. Until one day after taking a shower I realized that I'm actually beautiful!That was very weird and very pleasant!Now I just know it. Gosh I looked at that mirror for quite a long time. ;)

That is the right view:do your best and let God do the rest.

:D

Upvote 0

Gimpy

Senior Veteran
May 26, 2005
California
✟23,718.00
Faith
Christian
It's been hard for me to gain weight most of my adult life. I am 5'1" 33 years old, and 105 lbs..............Some of you may think that's a good thing, not as good as you may think. It has taken me roughly six months to go from 98 lbs to 105, and my goal weight is at LEAST 110.
It takes me months to gain weight and at the least bit of illness or stress, it only takes a week to lose it.
Due to a lot of stress, my lowest weight was 85 lbs. I looked into the mirror one day and sobbed for I didn't know the person looking back at me. To this day, I have pictures and my legs looked like toothpicks, my eyes were sunken, I just looked like skin stretched over bone.
Earlier this year, I was hospitalized for medication adjustment and doctors asked me if I was anorexic. I weighed 98 the day of admission. I begged them to put me on something that would help me gain weight. They even went as far as putting me on Ensure during my stay.

A couple times in my life, I found myself homeless and hungry. After gathering a few dollars, I was able to buy a jar of peanutbutter after not eating for a few days. I was never so glad to see a jar of peanutbutter in my life. The downside was, I had to ration it for I didn't know when it would be that I would get another bite to eat. That jar of peanutbutter lasted me four days. So many times in between those scoops of peanutbutter I would sit and dream of just having one good meal to eat.

"Looks" have become such an issue in this world, that people are forgetting what's REALLY important. You don't have to look like barbie and ken to be beautiful. It's what you have on the inside that matters most, and from experience, when you are satisfied with what's on the inside, everyone is going see your beauty from the inside and out.
When I first came to CF, (a year ago), my self-esteem wasn't the greatest. I was down on myself for being so under-weight and people were trying to get me to post a pic, but I was scared to. I finally posted one with my head down, so all you saw was mostly my hair and my puppy. After those people let me know that what I had on the inside is what made me beautiful, and that's without seeing me, I then got more confident. I then posted another pic and was looking sideways at the camera, but more of me showed. Now, I look straight on and no matter what, I am me. God didn't put me on this earth to look good for everyone else. He put me here for His reasons.
Even on those days when my weight drops and I feel less confident, I keep my head up and push forward. It's not my looks that makes me, it's my personality and my heart. Sure, I still want to weigh more, but I'm thankful for the poundage that I do have.
My point? When you get down on yourself, think about what's REALLY IMPORTANT.

When you feel guilty for eating, please do me a favor...........
Be thankful for being blessed with the food you've been provided for some would give anything to have just one bite off your plate.
When you feel bad for gaining a pound or two, don't sweat it. God made you in His image and regardless of how much you weigh, you are beautiful!
Wether you be under-weight, over-weight, or just right.............Just do your best and let God do the rest! :wave:
I just read your story and have to say, what an amazing journey you have had. You have seen much that many will never see. You give and live beautifully now. I think you have been made very beautiful. God has done so much with you and for you.
Thank you so much for sharing your journey and your blessed advise.
God bless you:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CJ, you are so very sweet. :)
Gimpy, it's so nice to see ya again, and thank you. :) What I have been through in life, I have learned to turn it around and make something positive of it. No matter how hard the struggles. I learned that all I've been through can help others in some way, and if it helps just one person, then going through that struggle made it all worth it. I've walked through my share of valleys (and still do) and I've climbed my share of mountains, but if not for those valleys I would not gain the strength to climb those mountains. God is Wonderful!!!
Much love to y'all!!
:hug:s and :angel::kiss:es!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.