My spirit fails!
Do not hide Your face from me,
Lest I be like those who go down into the pit.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭143:7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved ones, how our spirits fails ?
This is what we have heard:

“For innumerable evils have surrounded me;
My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up;
They are more than the hairs of my head; Therefore my heart fails me.
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭40:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved ones, our spirits fails or our hearts fails us because of innumerable evils have surrounded us;
Our iniquities have overtaken us, so that we are not able to look up;
They are more than the hairs of our heads.

So what we should do when our spirits fails?

This is what we have heard David did:
“Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me; O Lord, make haste to help me!

Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusion
Who seek to destroy my life;
Let them be driven backward and brought to dishonor
Who wish me evil.

Let them be confounded because of their shame,
Who say to me, “Aha, aha!”

Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
Let such as love Your salvation say continually, “The Lord be magnified!”

But I am poor and needy;
Yet the Lord thinks upon me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
Do not delay, O my God.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭40:13-17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved ones, we need to cry out like David for deliverance and seek the Lord’s help.

What our spirits or hearts need ? This is what we have heard:
“Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O Lord;
Let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me.
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭40:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved ones, our Lord tender mercies are His loving kindness and truth, that continually preserve our spirits or hearts so that our hearts don’t fail us.

To God be glory for His loving kindness and truth forever. Amen

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sin can drag our spirit very low. i lingered down in that pit for years, wailing life instead of celebrating Him.

It was then that The Word made sense. Crucify your old life beside Christ, and receive His new life in place. Life has progressively got better as i learned to do that - time and again.

Life with Him is so very much better than our old life

Hallelujah brother, Jesus loved us even while we were still sinners!

Bye Bye Old

I might as well die!
No perfection in my deeds!
Just agonising suffering!
What benefit to make it longer?

I might as well abscond,
my so called responsibility,
for I'm just a bondsman,
a slave to my physical reality.
Stuck with forces that only want,
forcing much hate on me,
bringing me untold misery,
raping me all day long!

It hurts to stay around!
So why not say goodbye,
moving along the rippling tide,
forgetting what is down here,
finding new horizons appearing,
instead of open warfare?

Why am I still fighting on?
Surely The Battle has been won!
God's Loving Truth is victorious,
also over my life!
That's all that matters in The End.

Bye bye old,
I'll dress in New.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sin can drag our spirit very low. i lingered down in that pit for years, wailing life instead of celebrating Him.

It was then that The Word made sense. Crucify your old life beside Christ, and receive His new life in place. Life has progressively got better as i learned to do that - time and again.

Life with Him is so very much better than our old life

Hallelujah brother, Jesus loved us even while we were still sinners!

Bye Bye Old

I might as well die!
No perfection in my deeds!
Just agonising suffering!
What benefit to make it longer?

I might as well abscond,
my so called responsibility,
for I'm just a bondsman,
a slave to my physical reality.
Stuck with forces that only want,
forcing much hate on me,
bringing me untold misery,
raping me all day long!

It hurts to stay around!
So why not say goodbye,
moving along the rippling tide,
forgetting what is down here,
finding new horizons appearing,
instead of open warfare?

Why am I still fighting on?
Surely The Battle has been won!
God's Loving Truth is victorious,
also over my life!
That's all that matters in The End.

Bye bye old,
I'll dress in New.
Beloved one,
When we were in the pit, we were looking for answer. We wandered why God was far from us. We didn’t perceive or understand.

What answer we should looking for ? This is what we have heard:
“Answer me speedily, O Lord;
My spirit fails!
Do not hide Your face from me,
Lest I be like those who go down into the pit.

Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You.” -Psalms 143:7-8

This is what we perceived from psalms that David wrote, the answer we are looking for is the presence of the Lord. Why ? Our hearts fails not when His presence gives us life. Our hearts fails not because in His presence, our hearts are preserved by His loving kindness.

How did our hearts hear of His loving kindness in the morning ? When we hear of His ways. For in His ways, we heard of His tender mercies, compassion, and that He is slow to anger, and abundant in grace and truth.

So we ought to perceive what we hear and how we hear ; when God spoke through His Son in the Holy Scriptures, we ought to perceive His ways. That is how we heard His loving kindness and truth that preserve us.

You are right, brother that we should lift up litany of victory daily. For we heard:

Sing to Adonai, bless his name!
Proclaim his victory day after day!-Psalms 96:2 CJB

I prefer this translation CJB better than NKJV for this verse that said:

Sing to the Lord, bless His name;
Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day.-Psalms 96:2 NKJV

When we carry litany of victory daily, we are reminded what our Lord said who we are in Him, not what our hearts said who we are.

For we heard:
For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.

so when we carry this litany of victory daily about what our God said who we are in Christ — we will not be deceived when our hearts fail us or condemn us.

This Litany of victory in Christ will conform us to the image of the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

In this litany of victory in Christ, when we abide in His words, we taste the Lord is gracious toward us. Yes, we can taste His loving kindness that fill our hearts and His truth that set us free.

To God be all glory and praise.
May God’s grace and peace with your spirit.
Amen

• Agree
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In this litany of victory in Christ, when we abide in His words, we taste the Lord is gracious toward us. Yes, we can taste His loving kindness that fill our hearts and His truth that set us free.

When we abide in His word then we have life in His Spirit, life in His Spirit lives forever.

Jesus says to those who are fighting their sins because they love Him.

Revelation 2:21
"To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne."

In Jesus we may rule over good life instead of being ruled by our bad life. i will always love Jesus for attaining that for me, my sins have afflicted me so badly.

That His loving truth grows an abundant heavenly harvest in your life brother.

Peace.

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we abide in His word then we have life in His Spirit, life in His Spirit lives forever.

Jesus says to those who are fighting their sins because they love Him.

Revelation 2:21
"To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne."

In Jesus we may rule over good life instead of being ruled by our bad life. i will always love Jesus for attaining that for me, my sins have afflicted me so badly.

That His loving truth grows an abundant heavenly harvest in your life brother.

Peace.
Thank brother for your kind exhortation.

Beloved one, our hearts fails not because of His presence gives life. Yes, the presence of Holy Spirit gives us life.

About this life, we heard:
as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,”
‭‭II Peter‬ ‭1:3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So the divine power of the Holy Spirit gives us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

How we may perceive this divine power ?
This is what we have heard :

“who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Here we heard that Holy Spirit uphold all things by the word of His power as His divine power, that has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

So we receive all things pertain life and godliness from the divine power of His word.

How we may perceive this godliness ? This is what we have heard:

Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the sake of the faith of God's elect and their knowledge of the truth, which accords with godliness, -Titus 1:1

Beloved one, when we acknowledged the truth, we are empowered by the divine power of the Holy Spirit to be godly, for the acknowledgment of the truth accords with godliness.

So not only our godliness empowered by the Holy Spirit but also our life. Our life empowered by His divine power because we live in the power of His word. So the Holy Spirit encouraged us not to speak our own words according to the flesh but
we live our life speaking the word of God with the divine power of the Holy Spirit.

That is why Lord said this parable :

"No one after lighting a lamp puts it in a cellar or under a basket, but on a stand, so that those who enter may see the light. -Luke 11:33

Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light, but when it is bad, your body is full of darkness. -Luke 11:34

Therefore be careful lest the light in you be darkness. -Luke 11:35

If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, it will be wholly bright, as when a lamp with its rays gives you light." -Luke 11:36

Also, this is what we have heard this:

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. -Psalms 119:105

So, a lamp is the word of God.

What we can understand about a cellar, this is what we have heard:

and over the vineyards was Shimei the Ramathite; and over the produce of the vineyards for the wine cellars was Zabdi the Shiphmite. -1 Chronicles 27:27

Over the olive and sycamore trees in the Shephelah was Baal-hanan the Gederite; and over the cellars of oil was Joash. -1 Chronicles 27:28

So, the cellar is a storage for wine or oil.

Likewise, we also have heard:

And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, -Ephesians 5:18

For we heard the parable:
“No one after lighting a lamp puts it in a cellar”

or when paraphrase:

No one after being enlightened with the word of God get drunk with wine ?

In other words,

everyone after being enlightened with the word of God are filled with the Spirit.

So beloved one, since our life is enpowered by the power of the word of the Holy Spirit; since we acknowledge the truth that is in the word of God; so indeed we have received this empowered life and godliness from the divine power of His word; so let us enlighten those who entered our life with the power of His word, believing that the teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ gives light to their hearts.

For we heard the word that edify or strengthen us :
And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts, -2 Peter 1:19

So when we share the fragrance of the knowledge of His word everywhere, Holy Spirit leads in a triumphal procession in Christ Jesus. May in many hearts arise morning star rise. When morning star of Jesus Christ arise in many hearts, their hearts shall not fail but live.

So let us enlighten many hearts with the teaching of Christ that gives life. Let us speak in the manner apostle Peter taught us:

whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies'in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. -1 Peter 4:11

Grace and peace be multiplied to you.
To God be all glory and praise.Amen.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So let us enlighten many hearts with the teaching of Christ that gives life. Let us speak in the manner apostle Peter taught us:

Indeed brother.

Ephesians 4:15
""Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ."

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0