Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A Husband and wife were in a argument over going to Church.
The wife said get up and go with me!

The Husband replied no!

Those people are mean and treat me like a dog, they look down on me and say bad things about me!

The Wife said I know dear but you still have to go after all your the Pastor!

Classic..! (one of the best for sure)... Someone said, "Judgment is discernment on a bad hair day." This pastor was having a bad hair day!

e976edc1-86f0-4434-8a4a-e9557959e712_zps5nwt9zb2.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Devotion:

Larry Ollison Ministries is a Word/faith Church located in Osage Beach, Missouri. He is the Founder and Senior Pastor of Walk on the Water Faith Church. With over forty years in the ministry, he is a very popular speaker nationally and internationally and ministers the Word of Faith through radio, television, Internet, and daily e-mail devotionals.

In the following devotion, Dr. Ollison talks about many changes going on throughout our nation and the world. God is preparing His people for what (I believe) is the final run of a mighty end-time harvest of souls as WE the Church minister the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a sick and dying world. Our responsibility is to let our light shine and be led by the Holy Spirit and prepare for this end-time harvest.

We are at a time in church history that even the prophets of old would have loved to been born in this generation. The Old Covenant prophets had the Holy Spirit come upon them (only) from time to time when God needed to speak to His people. Today, in the New Covenant... we have Christ LIVING in us forever. "Christ in us the hope of glory" is the mystery that was hidden for ages and generations but is now revealed to His saints (Colossians 1:26-27).

As Dr. Ollison will say, "the time of playing games is over." It's time to get serious about winning the lost. God may not send you or me to Africa, or around the world to minister... So we start at home, with our neighbors, friends, family and other loved ones that we have associated with throughout the years. I don't know about you but I want to see my entire family and friends to enter into those gates of heaven. Time is short saints with much work to do. We are the chosen generation for this purpose... Praise God!

A Change in the Air

(Dr. Larry Ollison)... There is a change taking place. There is a change happening in the world. There are changes taking place in the moral compass of the laws of the land. There are changes taking place in the area of respect and decency. The home is in a time of flux where authority is being challenged by liberal thinking. There is a change taking place in the Church. And all these changes are prophesied in God's Word.

Interestingly, all the change taking place is only the prelude to a greater change on the horizon. Our Lord is soon to return to the earth to catch away all who believe in Him. Both the dead and living who have received Jesus as their Lord and Savior will be snatched away in the first step of His full return to set up His rule on the earth seven years later.

The world will always be the world. But as we approach the final moments of the last days, there will be greater separation between light and darkness. The Word prophesies the greatness and glory of the church when Jesus returns (Ephesians 5:27). As Christians, we have the responsibility to be led by the Spirit and be a part of the glorious church as we go to a place of purity, holiness, and glory like the world has never seen.

Jesus said that we, the Church, are to let our light shine in the world and the result would be that the world would glorify God (Matthew 5:16). The strong implication is that our light or lack of it is the factor that affects the world's perception and reception of the truth.

We are the generation chosen by God to usher in the return of Jesus. The church must be prepared to harvest the fields that are ready for harvest. We have a purpose. We have a call. We have a message to deliver. We are the end-times church. No generation before has had the assignment we have been given. We are it. We have no one to teach us but the Holy Spirit.

The time of playing games is over. There is a seriousness and urgency in these days. It is not the time to draw back because of resources or offenses. Now is not the time to be caught up in petty thoughts and actions, but the time to look up and be ready to be caught up at the return of Jesus.

The church has a job to do, and as we submit to God we will be built up and trained by the Holy Spirit. That Day is soon. Spend time in the Word so your assignment is clear to you. Stay in fellowship with your church. Pray like never before. It is time to get prepared for the long-awaited, glorious Day of the Lord. (Dr. Larry Ollison)

A Little Humor

A preacher was wired for sound with a lapel mike, and as he preached, he moved briskly about the platform, jerking the mike cord as he went. Then he moved to one side, getting wound up in the cord and nearly tripping before jerking it again. After several circles and jerks, a little girl in the third pew leaned toward her mother and whispered, "If he gets loose, will he hurt us?"
_____

A minister told his congregation, "Next week I plan to preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand my sermon, I want you all to read Mark 17." The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands. He wanted to know how many had read Mark 17. Every hand went up. The minister smiled and said, "Mark has only sixteen chapters. I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying."

A Little Grace Quotes

GRACE is not a cheap gospel (as some critics say) because God bankrupted heaven for it. He did the unthinkable by becoming a man and giving to the world what was most precious to Him… His Son! Jesus already did everything that needs to be done. To add anything to this is what actually cheapens the Gospel. (Mel Wild)

Grace is not a theology. It is not a subject matter. It is not a doctrine. It is a person, and his name is Jesus. That’s the reason the Lord wants you to receive the abundance of grace, for to have the abundance of grace is to have the abundance of Jesus. (Joseph Prince)

Word-of-Faith1_zps4hx1mzr9.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Devotions

The following is from a two part devotional series on "Your Spiritual Authority and Spiritual Law" by Creflo Dollar. One of Word/Faith's favorite spiritual authority scriptures is (Mark 11:23-24) "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be removed, and be cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he says shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he says. v24 Therefore I say unto you, whatever things you desire, when you pray, believe that you will receive them, and you shall have them.

Kenneth Hagin Sr. says, "You always get in your life what you believe for and what you say. If you don’t believe what you are saying, then you shouldn’t say it, for it you keep saying something long enough those words will eventually register on your spirit. And once they are registered upon your spirit, they will control your life. "Speak the Word only" (Matthew 8:8).
_____

Part 1...

Because of what Jesus has done for us, we are powerful people. As Believers, there is absolutely nothing going on in our lives that we don’t have the authority to overcome. We have been given the ability to turn our hopes and dreams into tangible realities by exercising spiritual authority and spiritual law. Spiritual authority is not based on conditions and spiritual law is not the performance-based “do good, get good” Law of Moses from the Old Testament. The spiritual authority God gave Jesus is ours unconditionally, if we believe we have it.

By using our God given authority to activate spiritual laws, we have the right to expect that we will receive what we hope for. One law that we can exercise right now is the law of "Speaking" (you have what you say). No matter what challenge or issue you find yourself dealing with, don’t just face it, don’t just go through it, SPEAK to it! Each of us will have numerous opportunities this week to digress or progress in the things of God that concern our lives.

Our authority comes directly from Jesus. God wants us to use it and experience His best for our lives, but we must believe it. When the storm at sea threatened to sink the disciples ship, Peter got out of the ship and walked on water at Jesus’ bidding. However, when Peter became afraid, he began to sink. Jesus saved him, but rebuked him for his doubt. Jesus did not force Peter to get out of the ship, but He did authorize him to walk on the water. Likewise, Jesus will not force us to get out of the situations and circumstances that the enemy likes to use to hurt and distract us, but He has authorized us to walk on them. (Luke 10:19) says, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Jesus supplied the power, but it is our responsibility (just like it was Peter’s) to flip the switch and activate the power of God's Word.
_____

(See the following Part 2)

Blessed to be a BLESSING...

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Devotions

Part 2... "Your Spiritual Authority and Spiritual Law" by Creflo Dollar.

If we allow doubt to live within us, like Peter, we will begin to sink. Remember that God will not change His law of healing or prosperity, He will not change His law of speaking (you will have what you say) and He most definitely will not break His promises to us. There is no need to doubt or become stagnant in any circumstance or situation. We must fix our eyes on Jesus by spending time in the Word of God and WALK. He intends for us to move in the spiritual authority that He has given us and to progress in all that we do.

God’s spiritual laws work for everyone, all the time. As Believers, we are responsible for using our God given authority to cooperate with God and enforce His spiritual laws. We must not confuse this kind of law with the Law of Moses, from which we have been freed. Spiritual laws affect every part of our lives, from our finances and our health to our emotions and general success (or failure). We have been given authority to use these laws to fulfill the will of God for our lives. (Hosea 4:6) says, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge…” This is the case with many Believers that don’t spend time in God’s Word. They may not realize what the will of God is for every Believer and they may not know that healing is a law, prosperity is a law, deliverance is a law, and speaking is a law (you have what you say).

The Bible is pregnant with revelations. If we don’t know the word and if we don’t exercise our authority to enforce spiritual laws, we won’t see the manifestation of the good things God has made available for us. When people are experiencing challenges in their lives that they can’t seem to overcome, they sometimes ask why things aren’t working out for them. They must turn inward and ask themselves, “Am I satisfied with the amount of time that I’m spending in God’s word?” Then they must answer honestly. That answer is the key to unlock everything where spiritual authority and spiritual laws are concerned.

Let’s commit ourselves to progressing by exercising our spiritual authority to activate spiritual law.
_____

Prayer
Lord, we humble ourselves before you, knowing that the same authority that you gave to Christ has been made available to us. We exercise that authority right now to activate the spiritual law of (speaking). We command Your will and every promise in the Bible to be released and manifest in our lives. We call on Your name right now Lord to say thank You for all that You’ve done and all that You’ve empowered us to do. We seek to please You by having faith in Your word and knowing that if You said it, You shall bring it to pass. Not only have You heard us (speak) but You’ve delivered on what was (spoken). It is in Jesus’ name that we pray. Amen.
_____

A Little Humor

It was obvious the old pastor was having trouble keeping everything in order mentally. One Sunday he told the story of Jesus feeding 5 people with 2 loaves and 5000 fish. The next Sunday, forgetting what he had preached on the week before, he told the story of Jesus feeding 5000 with 5 loaves and 2 fish. Little Johnnie jumped up in the back of the church and proudly proclaimed, "That shouldn't be a problem. He had enough left over from last week."
_____

An elderly woman walked into the local country church. The friendly usher greeted her at the door and helped her up the flight of steps. “Where would you like to sit?” he asked politely. “The front row please.” she answered. “You really don’t want to do that... the pastor is really boring.” the usher said. “Do you happen to know who I am?” the woman inquired. “No.” he said. “I’m the pastor’s mother,” she replied indignantly. “Do you know who I am?” he asked. “No.” she said. “Good,” he answered.
_____

A Few Grace Quotes

“If heaven were by merit, it would never be heaven to me, for if I were in it I should say, ‘I am sure I am here by mistake; I am sure this is not my place; I have no claim to it.’ But if it be of grace and not of works, then we may walk into heaven with boldness.” ~ Charles Spurgeon ~
_____

I once heard Chuck Swindoll say that unless people accuse you of preaching a license to sin, you probably aren't preaching enough grace... So, no... You can never proclaim too much grace...There is nothing else to proclaim.
_____

Blessed to be a BLESSING...

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Devotions: by (Kenneth E. Hagin)

Take Back What the Devil Has Stolen!

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)

Years ago, while I was holding a meeting in Port Arthur, Texas, a Methodist woman came up to me and said, "Brother Hagin, I don't know much about healing. For seventeen years I haven't been able to do my housework or cook breakfast for my husband. I haven't been able to function as a wife and mother because of bad health. And after spending thousands of dollars, doctors have admitted that they just can't help me. I've been in the prayer lines of some of the most outstanding healing evangelists of our day. But I didn't realize how important the Word of God was in receiving healing until I heard you teach today. I'm coming back tomorrow."

Well, she came back the third day and the fourth day. Every day she came, she got stronger. I never even prayed for her. She never got in the healing line. As far as I know, no one prayed for her. We eventually closed out the meeting and left. About thirty days later, I received a letter from her that said, "I am the Methodist lady who told you that I didn't realize the reality of the Word of God and the Name of Jesus. I've been listening to tapes from your services and following along in my Bible. One day, I just suddenly stood up, lifted up my Bible in one hand, and said, 'Devil, it's you who has had me bound all these seventeen years. I haven't been able to do my housework. I haven't been able to function as a human being. I demand my rights! Get out of my house and leave right now in the Name of Jesus!'

"Brother Hagin, it's so wonderful! For the first time in seventeen years, I'm doing all my housework. I'm getting up every morning and cooking breakfast for my husband. I'm getting him off to work. I'm forty-six years old, but I've got the vim, vigor, and vitality of a sixteen-year-old. I'm so glad you came along and taught me!"

Confession:
The devil is the one who brings sickness and disease, not God. I take back what the devil has stolen from me! I demand my rights in the Name of Jesus!
_____

Devotion: (with a little humor)...

Quit Trying To Be What Other People Want You To Be, And Dare To Be Who God Mad

"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men." (Colossians 3:23)

"I want to say this to those of you who are single, and you’re looking for that perfect someone. Let me tell you, he or she does not exist. Let me continue to rain on your parade by telling you that anyone can be wonderful for three hours on Saturday night—the real person is home in a cage, locked up. And that’s the one you’re going to meet when you get married." (John Hagee)

I hear people say things like this all the time when they’re about to get married: “Oh, I’ll change Leroy.” No you won’t. If Leroy won’t let God change him, he won’t let you. Men say, ”Oh, I’ll see to it that Lulu changes.” No you won’t... Lulu will hurt you, partner.

Why do people in relationships play roles? They play roles so the other person will like them. It’s actually emotional suicide, but that’s what people do all the time. Why is it emotional suicide? Because that person is going to change. The person you’re playing the role for is going to change his or her mind about what they want you to be. And then you’re going to have to play another role. And then another, and then another. And somewhere down the road of life you’re going to lose contact with somebody that’s very real to you—yourself.

Quit trying to be what other people want you to be, and dare to be who God made you to be. And be happy being that, because the lack of honesty between two partners in a relationship is a communication killer.

Pastor John Hagee
_____

Some Grace Quotes: To absorb... by (Joseph Prince)

"The law condemns the best of us; but grace saves the worst of us."

"Knowing that you are completely forgiven destroys the power of sin in your life."

“Look within, get depressed; Look around, get distressed; Look to Jesus, find perfect rest.”

“The world looks at what you have, while God sees who you have. The world's system is based on what you have done, while God looks at what Jesus has done on the cross for you.”

“Don't use all your health to chase after wealth, only to spend all your wealth later to get back your health.”

Last edited:
Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Without The Word, FAITH cannot Exist

When we open the Bible, we should not have pre-conceived ideas. Wouldn't it be great if we could open the Word of God, not as people of a specific denominational church, but simply as Christians, and accept clearly what God's Word says? Even though most Christians claim to believe the entire Bible as the inspired Word of God, many times we hesitate to blindly trust in God's Word. Even when we study the Bible, sometimes we have a point to prove and merely use the Bible to solidify our already established belief.

When you talk with some people about the things of God, they become defensive. They have their opinion and nothing you can say, no biblical logic discussed, will change their mind. We must... have the mind of Christ and the only way is... to believe what He believes. Jesus only believed the Word of the Father. We must... be like Jesus. Sadly, some Christians get a belief and hold on to it as truth, regardless. If the Bible disagrees with their doctrine, they ignore that portion of the Bible. This should not be. We must... go to the Word of God and ask God to show us His truths and then believe what He shows us!

We should NEVER believe something just because of tradition. Instead, we should BELIEVE because God said it. Jesus said in (John 8:32) "that if we would abide or continue in His Word, then we would be His disciples and we would know the truth and the truth would set us free." How can we find the truths of God? (2 Timothy 3:16-17) says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."

A missionary, after returning from a (non-Christian) country, related to me that he had seen great miracles take place. He had seen the blind healed and the lame walk in the name of Jesus. When asked why the natives received their healings so easily, he replied that the natives had... "nothing to unlearn." They just (simply believed) the Word and acted on what they believed. We (as Christians) must... clear our minds of man's ideas and philosophies and abide in the Word of God. And only... when we believe God's Word enough to act on it will we... receive the promises of His Word.

Once a man told me that the Bible was just too complicated for him to understand. He said that instead of reading the Bible, he just listened to preachers and he knew they must be right. Well, quite frankly, that's wrong thinking. If Satan can keep us out of the Word... instead of in it, then his lies will be easier to believe because we have no truth to compare them to.

In (John 17:17) Jesus said, "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your Word is truth." Satan hates the Word. He knows that it is the Word that sets us free. He knows that it is through the Word that we receive faith. Satan knows that faith is the substance that will destroy his kingdom. He will do whatever is possible to keep the Christian (out) of faith... and the easiest way to do that is to keep them...(out) of the Word. Satan knows that... Without the Word, FAITH cannot exist.

It takes faith... to accomplish anything... in the spirit realm. (Hebrews 11:6) says that "without faith, it is impossible to please God." But faith in what? Faith... in God's Word. We must... believe that God does not lie and we must... believe it so COMPLETELY... that we daily place our life in the hands of His Word. So, read the Word of God. Believe what you read and act on what you believe.

That's faith! And that pleases God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is the Church Ready?

A few weeks ago, I watched this broadcast of Andrew Wommack (which I do regularly) that I found very interesting.

Andrew Wommack... "We don't get what we deserve. We get what we believe and receive through Jesus. Recently, I taught on this is a service. In a show of hands, I asked... "How many of you believe God can raise the dead and that miracles happen today?" I mean the people just shouted and clapped and everybody's hands were raised."
clap1_zpsf52d9dc7.gif
clap1_zpsf52d9dc7.gif

Then... I said, "If somebody were to come down the isle here tonight and fell over dead. How many of you would agree and believe that if I laid hands on him... he would be raised up?" Again, the people shouted, screamed and raised their hands in excitement.
clap1_zpsf52d9dc7.gif
clap1_zpsf52d9dc7.gif

Alright... "if YOU believe it... then, come up here and YOU pray for him to be raised up!" You know what? It went stone quiet. These people (think) believing God can do it... but they doubt His willingness to do it through them. They might believe God will do it through me but when I say, "alright, YOU... do it." All of a sudden their faith turns into fear, their excitement turned to dread. What happened?
Shep1%20-%20Copy_zpsusqzkrqu.gif
Walking%20forward_zpsthzyhwkh.gif

Did they quit believing that God has the power? No, but when you say, "YOU... do it", the problem is, you know yourself better then you know me, and your own heart condemns you, and your conscious tells you that you haven't done everything right and "YOU... can't do it."

Immediately, you'll start thinking about, "I know I should have been studying the Word more, and praying more"... and we start tying God's goodness and His demonstration of His power... to OUR goodness, and the moment you do that you negate the power and the good news of God.

Back to the question... Is the Church ready? The good news is Some actually are... but Many are not! What's happening in your Church?

Brownbar.gif

A Little Humor​

Painting the Church

A cheating painting contractor had been skimping by thinning his paint excessively. Nevertheless, he landed a big job painting a church. He was almost done when a major storm blew up. It washed all the paint off. Amid the thunder and lightening, there came a loud voice...

"REPAINT," it boomed. "REPAINT, AND THIN NO MORE!"
Hyper-Alert_zpskgqhpdvs.gif

NOT AFRAID

A few minutes before the church services started, the townspeople were sitting in their pews and talking. Suddenly, Satan... appeared at the front of the church. Everyone started screaming and running for the front entrance, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away from evil incarnate. Soon everyone had exited the church except for one elderly gentleman who sat calmly in his pew without moving, seeming oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy was in his presence. So Satan walked up to the old man and said, "Don't you know who I am?"

The man replied, "Yep, sure do." "Aren't you afraid of me?" Satan asked. "Nope, sure ain't." said the man. "Don't you realize I can kill you with a word?" asked Satan. "Don't doubt it for a minute," returned the old man, in an even tone. "Did you know that I could cause you profound, horrifying, physical AGONY for all eternity?" persisted Satan. "Yep," was the calm reply. "And you're still not afraid?" asked Satan. "Nope." More than a little perturbed, Satan asked, "Well, why aren't you afraid of me?" The man calmly replied, "Been married to your sister for over 48 years."
Throw%20up%203_zpsvfhkzwm8.gif

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

• Haha
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do We... Really Believe? (From an Athiest)

I [was] a Christian recently... enough to remember what it felt like to really believe... the Creator of the universe talked to me, and to really believe I would go to heaven and unbelievers would go to... hell, and to really believe that prayer made a difference. It sure felt like I really believed that stuff. And other Christians (that I know) tell me they... really believe that stuff, too.

But something’s not quite right with that...
Hyper-Alert_zpskgqhpdvs.gif

Supposedly, my Christian parents really believe that I am going to... hell, now that I’m an atheist. They believe their son, whom they LOVE dearly, is going to be tortured forever. Literally. (And yet), they don’t seem very upset by this. Sure, they’re upset that their son has rejected most of the values and “truths” they tried to instill in me. They’re upset that I reject their way of life as both deluded and immoral. That’s a major blow for any caring parent to take.

But they don’t seem upset (enough) that their "beloved son" will be tortured (forever) in... Hell. And that seems odd. If they really believed that, wouldn’t I see some serious mourning? Some pleading? Some great distress? But it’s not just my parents. It’s Christians in general... and many whom I know and even work with. I had these questions even when I [was] a Christian.

This is not a post for attacking Christian beliefs or promoting atheistic views. This is a post about understanding. I’d like to understand Christians better.

So, Christians: I have a question for you!

If you really believed some of the people you love dearly were going to spend an eternity in hell, wouldn’t that motivate you to try harder to save them? Let’s say we all lived in Poland at the start of World War II and you got word that soon, the Nazis were going to invade the town where several of your friends and family lived. The Nazis were going take everybody off to concentration camps inchains, and possibly kill them. And let’s say this information came from a very reliable source, so that you really believed this was going to happen.

Would you just go on about your life? Would you just mention this to your friends and family in passing, and send them the occasional tract with information on the threat of the Nazis? Would you merely pray for them to see the threat and save themselves?

Or...

Would you do everything you could to save your friends and family? (Maybe)... you would drive out to meet with them and try to convince them of the threat of going to hell... until you were blue in the face. (Maybe)... you would refuse to leave until they came away with you. (Maybe)... you would… I dunno what, but you would know it would be pretty drastic. I know if I were in that situation, then I would do some pretty drastic things... to save my friends and family.

But this is [not] what many Christians do for their friends and family who they really believe are on the verge of falling into eternal torture... and "even though" they (say) and (feel) they really believe this. So something weird is going on. Millions of Christians "supposedly" really believe this stuff, but they don’t act like it... What is happening?

As best we can tell, humans always act so... as to fulfill the strongest of their current desires, given their beliefs. But I very much doubt that [most] Christians do not have this "strong desire" to save their spouses, their children, and their best friends... from eternal agony. So there seems to be something weird about their (believing) end of the equation. Since my faith in God has [faltered] and I turned to atheism... Why are my Christian friends now suddenly avoiding me? Even my family? I am so confused. If they... really believe and LOVED God, why haven't any of them come and plead to me that I have to return and get right with God?

Do Christians really believe what they say and feel they believe? What’s going on here? If you really believe this, you shouldn’t have to tell yourself, “You’re right, I really should try harder to evangelize.” No, if you really, really believed... you would (already) have that motivation! You wouldn’t need to try to manufacture it!

And if you really believed, you wouldn’t need to constantly repeat the doctrines of Christianity to yourself, and do everything you can to “build up your faith.” I don’t need to remind myself that the Holocaust happened or that gravity is real. I don’t need to constantly “build up my faith” in the existence of magnetism.

Something is fishy here, and I don’t get it. As an atheist who [use] to be Christian... How can I "believe when many Christians don't even know what they believe? And even if they say they do believe, why aren't they living it? Why aren't they showing it? Why aren't they reaching their friends, neighbors, family... who they say they LOVE (and yet)... while knowing... they are heading for hell?

Where are these really believing Christians? Are they themselves... really SAVED?
3061_zpscea8d03d.gif

(Something to think about)...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How to Win Your Unsaved Loved Ones

Kenneth E. Hagin

During my years in ministry, one of the questions most frequently asked of me is about how to get unsaved loved ones saved. This is my advice based on God’s Word.

(First)... realize that the Father draws people through the Holy Spirit. Jesus said, (John 6:44) “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.” When the Word of God is preached, the Holy Spirit brings conviction upon people... through the Word.

(Second)... pray that God will send someone across your unsaved loved one’s path. Jesus said in (Matthew 9:38), “Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.” I don’t believe, however, that there are any rules you can establish in soul-winning that will work for everyone. God might lead one person one way and another person another way. We ALWAYS must bear in mind the (vital work) of the Holy Spirit in drawing people to Christ.

Sometimes... the members of your family are the most difficult people for you to deal with. Very often, they won’t even listen to you. Generally speaking, it is better for you NOT to try to deal with them. Now, don’t misunderstand me—sometimes the Spirit of God may lead you differently. I’m just laying down some general principles here. And, Concerning... my unsaved family members that includes other relatives such as aunts, uncles, and cousins... I was led by the Spirit of God to NEVER mention anything to them about salvation. One way the Holy Spirit leads us is by an inward witness or inward conviction. I had the conviction in my spirit that if my relatives SAW the reality of Jesus Christ in my life, (they) all would want it.

So, I never... said one thing about the Lord to any of my near relatives, and I never asked any of them to be saved. I started preaching as a 17-year-old boy, but I never asked them to come hear me preach. (They came)... but, I never asked them. I never said one word to any of them about salvation. I was led not to. I knew in my spirit that I shouldn’t. Now, If you NAG your unsaved family (maybe that's why)... for they won’t like being around you. Before I was saved and began to preach, my family never prayed at the table, but afterward they always asked me to say grace. I never said anything else to them. (However), through the years, every one of them got... born again!

I have noticed that the two most common mistakes people make in dealing with their families are these: (1) they try to be ultra-spiritual and (2) they overdo witnessing. Yes, the Bible teaches witnessing, but, remember the old proverb... “Actions Speak Louder Than Words.” That means... that what you do speaks so loudly, people very often can’t hear what your saying. This is especially true when what you’re (doing) doesn’t line up with what you’re (saying). In other words, people who do a lot of talking may not have enough “living the Word” to back up their witness. I just let my life witness to my unsaved loved ones, and they saw something in my life that they wanted. I think that’s the greatest witness, actually. If you live the Christian life in front of people, it will influence your spouse, your children, and your other relatives.

Brownbar.gif

~SOMETHING FUNNY~​

A young boy had just gotten his driving permit. He asked his father (who was a minister) if they could discuss the use of the car. His father took him to his study and said to him, "I'll make a deal with you. You bring your grades up, study your bible a little and get your hair cut and we'll talk about it." After about a month the boy came back and (again) asked his father if they could discuss use of the car. They again went to the father's study where his father said, "Son, I've been real proud of you. You have brought your grades up, you've studied your bible diligently, but... you didn't get your hair cut!"

The young man waited a moment and replied, "You know Dad, I've been thinking about that. You know, Samson had long hair, Moses had long hair, Noah had long hair, and even Jesus had long hair...." To which his father replied...."Yes, and they WALKED everywhere they went... Didn't they?"

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What This Pastor Told a Homosexual
Man Who Wanted to Leave His Church

Charisma Magazine

(Something Different)... but necessary! "Love the sinner... regardless of the sin!" (emphasis mine)

The perfect Sunday had arrived and I was prepared to present my plan of action to my pastor—the plan to dump God and leave the church. After all, I was living a double life and the (conviction) of walking on the platform once more to lead worship was irritating. I was finally ready to be liberated from the guilt of sin that plagued my mind for months of being involved in a homosexual relationship.

I approached my pastor with confidence, "I'm attracted to men; I'm leaving the church." I knew how the scene would play out—I was prepared to be criticized and beat over the head with Scripture. My pastor had the sincerest, most compassionate smile on his face as he gazed into my eyes after my statement, and with the calmest tone of voice he responded, "I know what you've been going through and I am not going to allow you to walk out on God... because of a struggle."

I was dumbfounded by his response. Like, he didn't even address the issue at hand—he addressed (my purpose) in life; he addressed the call of God. After he finished, love consumed my very being—I had a reality check that God's purposes for my life were greater than what I was dealing with. I walked away with a fresh revelation of the love of God.

That crafty devil fed me (lies for years) and convinced me that situations in my life would always remain—he convinced me that there was no hope for freedom as it related to my sexuality. But all the while, God was screaming in my spirit ... "Mistaken Identity!" God constantly reminded me that this was a war against my identity in Christ. Earlier this year, I posted a statement on Facebook:

"(Deliverance)... from homosexuality for me was never about becoming a heterosexual. It was about becoming... a son of God. Before the foundation of the earth, God mapped out a specific plan and purpose for all of us (Psalms 139:16) and as sons and daughters of God, we have every right to inherit what is rightfully ours because of what Jesus did on the cross for us. Deliverance is our right!"​

If you are in a situation where the enemy is trying to pin you with an (identity)... that doesn't line up with the Word of God, declare the truth of God over your life and refuse to accept the lies of the enemy. There is extreme danger in exchanging the truth of God for a lie (Romans 1:25) and this was the driving force behind (my plan) to dump God and the church. Agreement with the lies of the enemy will snuff out the voice of truth and will lead one down a dark path, but choosing to believe God, and take Him at His Word will result in divine intervention from the lover of our soul. Jesus!

I made a decision to believe God for my "freedom" from homosexuality. People always ask me "how did I do it and what was the method?" Friends, there is only ONE method: Grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8). If we will simply choose to believe God and maintain an inward posture of faith (hope), the Grace of God will intervene in every area of our lives, and we will walk in the victory that was ordained for us before the foundation of the world. There was hope for me. There is hope for you.

Deon Howard is extremely passionate about the plans and purposes of God and is dedicated to inspiring righteousness in the lives of people around the world. You can join the Identity in Christ Movement today at (deonhoward.org) and receive inspiration that will help you run the race in Christ and live your best life now. You can also follow Deon on Periscope @KingzKid.

Brownbar.gif

~SOMETHING FUNNY~​

Ever mindful of the congregation, a certain Baptist preacher and his wife decided to get a new dog, and knew that the dog also had to be a Baptist. They visited kennel after kennel and explained their needs. Finally, they found a kennel whose owner assured them he had just the dog they wanted. The owner brought the dog to meet the pastor and his wife. "Fetch the Bible," he commanded. The dog headed toward the bookshelf, checked out the books, located the Bible... and brought it to the owner. "Now find (Psalm 23)," he commanded. The dog dropped the Bible to the floor, and showing marvellous agility with his paws, leafed through and finding thecorrect passage, pointed to it with his paw.

The pastor and his wife were very impressed and purchased the dog. That evening, a group of church members came to visit. The pastor and his wife began to show off the dog, having him locate several Bible verses. The visitors were very impressed. One man asked, "Can he do regular dog tricks, too?" "I haven't tried yet," the pastor replied. He pointed his finger at the dog. "HEEL!" the pastor commanded. The dog immediately jumped on a chair, placed one paw on the pastor's forehead and began to howl. The pastor looked at his wife in shock and said, "Oh no! He's Pentecostal!"

• Haha
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How to Receive What Has Already Been Done

Creflo Dollar

Everything that we need for this life was made available to us over two thousand years ago. However, it is important that we believe that the promises of God are really true for us today. We must believe and receive it, and trust that God’s Word is true, even when we don’t see the manifestation of it YET! No matter what, we must have confidence in our prayers when we pray God’s will. What is His will? God’s Word is... His will. For example....

Matthew 6:33-34 tells us...
"But seek you first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for tomorrow: for tomorrow shall take thought of the things for itself. Sufficient unto the day of it's own evil."
We are NOT to worry or be anxious for anything but to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto us because our heavenly Father knows that we have need of them. That... (is the will of God) for our life and we can pray that scripture. However, God’s will doesn’t automatically come to pass in our lives. That is why when we pray to God about anything, we must pray... (knowing) that it's already been done. We have to cooperate by believing His promises and receiving the manifestation of them. God is not holding any good thing back from us. Healing, good jobs, healthy relationships, restored marriages, rest, debt-freedom, financial abundance, and so much more are already available. It’s already done!

All we have to do is... crank up our FAITH and receive. Meditate on the Word of God, thank Him for His Word, be rooted in thanksgiving, and keep in mind that we walk by faith and not by sight (until)... we see the manifestation of what we know has already been done. Have confidence this week that the works are finished.

Brownbar.gif

~Something Funny~

All the way home in the back seat of the car the boy was quiet. His father asked him three times what was wrong. Finally, the boy replied, "The preacher said he wanted us all brought up in a Christian home, but I wanted to stay with you guys." (Unknown)
Terri asked her Sunday School class to draw pictures of their favorite bible stories. She was puzzled by Kyle's picture, which showed four people on an airplane. So, she asked him which story it was meant to represent. "The flight to Egypt," said Kyle. "I see... And that must be Mary, Joseph, and the Baby Jesus," Ms. Terri said. "But who's the fourth person?" Kyle explained, "Oh, that's Pontius the pilot!" (Unknown)

~Some Special Quotes~

The Old Covenant of Law is, "I Have to..."
The New Covenant of Grace is, "I Want to..."
If you have to stop sinning, "You won't!"
If you want to stop sinning, "You will!"
(Unknown)
_____​

WE are not "going" to get healed... or, "going" to get debt free. (Going to get)... is time based. Faith is NOW. Already done... yet, our confession is always in the future. We are to believe it's (already done). Faith is "seeing, speaking, and believing." (Bill Winston)
_____
We've all heard this before, "God told me this" or "God told me that." Really? Could it be the result of to many onions on your hamburger last night? (John Hagee)
_____
(Joel Osteen) says, "Stir up your faith" (Galatians 6:19) "Let's not get tired of doing what is good, for at the right time we will reap a harvest—if we do not give up"
(Andrew Wommack) said this... "Even a blind squirrel (if he doesn't give up) will come up with a nut once in a while."
giggle1_zpsb2922d18_1.gif

_____

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Teaching, Preaching, and Healing

Kenneth E. Hagin:

And they in the synagogue rose up, and thrust Him [Jesus] out of the city, and led Him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast Him down headlong. (Luke 4:29) Jesus once said something to me that astounded me. He said, "If I ministered like people thought I did, then when I came to Nazareth, instead of just getting a few healed and getting run out of town (That's exactly what happened. In fact, they would have killed Him if they could have, and thrown Him off a cliff.) I would have gotten all the people together - including the leaders of the city of Nazareth - and said to them, "Get six totally blind people and line them up here. We'll have the doctors examine them to certify the fact that they're totally blind."

Jesus continued, "Then... I would have gotten six deaf and mute people and had the doctors examine them to certify the fact that they were totally deaf and mute. I would also have found six people with the palsy and creeping paralysis and had the doctors examine them to prove that they had the disease. Then... I would have healed them right in front of everyone to prove who I am.

"But," He said to me, "I didn't minister that way, and I don't expect you to minister that way. My ministry consisted of teaching, preaching, and healing. And those who didn't accept the teaching and preaching didn't get the healing." We've imagined that they did. Most people want to go to meetings and be healed, but they don't want to pay any attention to the preaching or teaching of God's Word. God doesn't work that way. God works in line with... His Word. God works through faith... in His Word, and "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" (Romans 10:17).

Confession
I pay attention to the Word of God. I take heed to the Word that I hear. And I line myself up with the Word. For it is then... that I will see results.

Brownbar.gif

~A Little Humor/Something Funny~

.... A Jewish businessman in Chicago sent his son to Israel for a year to absorb the culture. When the son returned, he said, "Papa, I had a great time in Israel. By the way, I converted to Christianity." Oy vey, said the father. "What have I done?" He took his problem to his best friend. "Ike," he said, "I sent my son to Israel, and he came home a Christian. What can I do?" "Funny you should ask," said Ike. "I too, sent my son to Israel, and he also came home a Christian. Perhaps we should go see the rabbi. So they did, and they explained their problem to the rabbi.

"Funny you should ask," said the rabbi. "I, too, sent my son to Israel, and he also came home a Christian. What is happening to our young people?" And so they all prayed, telling the Lord about their sons. As they finished their prayer, a voice came from the Heavens:

"Funny you should ask," said the booming voice: "I, too, sent my Son to Israel."

.... Sitting by the window of her convent, Sister Barbara opened a letter from home one evening. Inside the letter was a $100 bill her parents had sent. Sister Barbara smiled at the gesture. As she read the letter by the window, she noticed a shabbily dressed stranger leaning against the lamp post below.

Quickly, she wrote, "Don't despair" on a piece of paper, wrapped the $100 bill in it, got the man's attention and tossed it out the window to him. The stranger picked it up, and with a puzzled expression... and a tip of his hat, went off down the street. The next day, Sister Barbara was told that a man was at her door, insisting on seeing her. She went down, and found the stranger waiting. Without a word, he handed her a huge wad of $100 bills. "What's this?" she asked. "That's the $8,000 you have coming Sister, "he replied. "Don't Despair" paid 80-to-1."

~Some Special Quotes~

"Following the (Old Covenant) LAW means... that I [must] do something for God. In the (New Covenant) of GRACE means... that God [has already] done something for me. God has certain holy and righteous demands... which he places upon me: (that is Law). Now, if law means... that God requires something of me for their fulfillment, then deliverance from law means... He no longer demands those requirements from me, but Himself provides it." Watchman Nee
_____

"God's grace is cheapened... when you think that He has ONLY forgiven you of your sins up to the time you got saved, and after that point, you have to depend on your... continous (daily or hourly), Or... even sooner confession of sins to be forgiven. God's forgiveness is not given in installments." Joseph Prince
_____

"Just like a lost person’s (good actions) cannot change their sin nature, neither can a born-again believer’s (sinful actions) change their righteous nature. Many Christians have accepted one side of this truth, but not the other… Your nature doesn’t become corrupted every time you sin any more than your nature became righteous every time you did something holy before you were born again." Andrew Wommack

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

2%20-%20j%20Kenneth%20Hagin_zps66lejvfe.jpg

Using Our Authority for Finances

by KENNETH E. HAGIN

WHEN GOD CREATED the world, He gave dominion over all the works of His hands to Adam (Genesis 1:26-28). In one sense, then, Adam was god of this world, because God turned it over to him. But we read in (2 Corinthians 4:4) that Satan is now the god of this world. How did that happen? Adam committed treason in the Garden Of Eden by wilfully eating of the forbidden fruit (Genesis 3:1-7). When he did this, he gave Satan man's dominion over the earth.

In (Luke 4:6-7) Satan said to Jesus, "All this power will I give you, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me and to whomsoever I will I give it. If you therefore will worship me, all shall be yours." Who delivered this power to Satan? Adam did! The Lord showed me this and related it to faith for finances. As I prayed and waited before Him, He said to me by the Holy Spirit, "The money you need is down there, It isn't up here in Heaven. I don't have any money up here. I'm not going to rain any money down from Heaven. If I did, it would be counterfeit. It's Satan who is keeping money from coming, not Me."

Then I remembered that Jesus said, "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom" (Luke 6:38). When men give to you, God is behind it. But it's still men giving it. After the Lord showed me this, He said, "Whatever money you need, just claim it." We have a right to claim our needs met because Jesus came to the earth and defeated Satan. We're in the world but we're not of the world (John 15:19). Since we still have to live in this world, we must use our God-given authority to enforce Satan's defeat. This is how we will enjoy the blessings of God we have in Christ, including financial prosperity.

That's why when the Lord told me to claim the money I needed, I understood what He meant. He was telling me to believe and exercise my spiritual authority in the area of finances. The Lord said to me, "Don't pray about money like you have been. Whatever you need, claim it in Jesus' Name. Then tell Satan to take his hands off your money and command the ministering spirits to cause it to come."

In 1950 when I began to see how faith worked in the financial area, it was all new to me. In fact, I said to the Lord, "I understand the part about exercising authority over the enemy, claiming the finance, and telling the devil to take his hands off my money. But what do you mean about commanding the ministering spirits to cause the money to come?" The Lord said, "Didn't you read in My Word, "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?" (Hebrews 1-14). "For" means the angels were sent to do something for us.

At the time, I was holding a meeting in a church. After the Lord showed me this, I claimed the money I needed. Then I told the pastor, "Don't make any special pull for money. At offering time, say as little about it as you can." The pastor said, "If I just say, 'This is Brother Hagin's offering' and pass the plate you won't get over a dime." If I just get just a dime, "I said, "you won't hear me say a word." I had claimed $200. When the 10-day meeting ended, I had the $200 plus 40-odd dollars over that amount! The pastor said, "That beats anything Iv'e ever seen in my life!" The church thought $50 a week was big. They would have thought $75 a week was wonderful, and $100 a week would have been a miracle! And I received more than $240 in 10 days!

MY COMMENTS:

Listen carefully! Is Hagin teaching a prosperity gospel here? Or, is he simply using (his) faith... believing and exercising (his) authority in the area of finances? The latter of-course, and to be clear... there is NO such thing as a prosperity gospel, nor... a healing gospel, nor... a deliverence gospel, or any other gospel but... the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is the gospel of Grace (His Grace). So God's Grace is Jesus Christ (personified) which is the good news... (undeserved, unmerited and unearned favor) Period!

But! To the Word-Faith critic... as soon as Hagin would use the word finances they would jump all over this and say he's teaching a prosperity gospel. Go figure! Enough is enough. God supplies Grace (His part)... applying faith (action) to receive is (our part) It's Grace thru Faith. Faith in Christ.

Notice I underlined the word claim (7x) in Hagin's article. Why? Hint! The critics would call it the "Name it Claim it" gospel. But we know different, right? I received the "good news" of the gospel of Jesus Christ (His Grace). With that said... On a Saturday, November 10th, 1979 at 12:00 (noon) I confessed Jesus as my Saviour and Lord. And, yes... By His Grace, I named it and claimed it and received eternal life (in Christ) the hope of glory.

Comments, (Welcomed)...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Using Our Authority for Finances

(Profile picture)

KENNETH E. HAGIN

WHEN GOD CREATED the world, He gave dominion over all the works of His hands to Adam (Genesis 1:26-28). In one sense, then, Adam was god of this world, because God turned it over to him. But we read in (2 Corinthians 4:4) that Satan is now the god of this world. How did that happen? Adam committed treason in the Garden Of Eden by wilfully eating of the forbidden fruit (Genesis 3:1-7). When he did this, he gave Satan man's dominion over the earth.

In (Luke 4:6-7) Satan said to Jesus, "All this power will I give you, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me and to whomsoever I will I give it. If you therefore will worship me, all shall be yours." Who delivered this power to Satan? Adam did! The Lord showed me this and related it to faith for finances. As I prayed and waited before Him, He said to me by the Holy Spirit, "The money you need is down there, It isn't up here in Heaven. I don't have any money up here. I'm not going to rain any money down from Heaven. If I did, it would be counterfeit. It's Satan who is keeping money from coming, not Me."

Then I remembered that Jesus said, "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom" (Luke 6:38). When men give to you, God is behind it. But it's still men giving it. After the Lord showed me this, He said, "Whatever money you need, just claim it." We have a right to claim our needs met because Jesus came to the earth and defeated Satan. We're in the world but we're not of the world (John 15:19). Since we still have to live in this world, we must use our God-given authority to enforce Satan's defeat. This is how we will enjoy the blessings of God we have in Christ, including financial prosperity.

That's why when the Lord told me to claim the money I needed, I understood what He meant. He was
telling me to believe and exercise my spiritual authority in the area of finances. The Lord said to me,
"Don't pray about money like you have been. Whatever you need, claim it in Jesus' Name. Then tell Satan to take his hands off your money and command the ministering spirits to cause it to come."

In 1950 when I began to see how faith worked in the financial area, it was all new to me. In fact, I said to the Lord, "I understand the part about exercising authority over the enemy, claiming the finance, and telling the devil to take his hands off my money. But what do you mean about commanding the ministering spirits to cause the money to come?" The Lord said, "Didn't you read in My Word, "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?" (Hebrews 1-14). "For" means the angels were sent to do something for us.

At the time, I was holding a meeting in a church. After the Lord showed me this, I claimed the money I needed. Then I told the pastor, "Don't make any special pull for money. At offering time, say as little about it as you can." The pastor said, "If I just say, 'This is Brother Hagin's offering' and pass the plate you won't get over a dime." If I just get just a dime, "I said, "you won't hear me say a word." I had claimed $200. When the 10-day meeting ended, I had the $200 plus 40-odd dollars over that amount! The pastor said, "That beats anything Iv'e ever seen in my life!" The church thought $50 a week was big. They would have thought $75 a week was wonderful, and $100 a week would have been a miracle! And I received more than $240 in 10 days!

MY COMMENTS:

Listen carefully! Is Hagin teaching a prosperity gospel here? Or, is he simply using (his) faith... believing and exercising (his) authority in the area of finances? The latter of-course, and to be clear... there is NO such thing as a prosperity gospel, nor... a healing gospel, nor... a deliverence gospel, or any other gospel but... the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is the gospel of Grace (His Grace). So God's Grace is Jesus Christ (personified) which is the good news... (undeserved, unmerited and unearned favor) Period!

But! To the Word-Faith critic... as soon as Hagin would use the word finances they would jump all over this and say he's teaching a prosperity gospel. Go figure! Enough is enough.

God supplys Grace (His part)... applying faith (action) to receive is (our part) It's Grace thru Faith. Faith in Christ.

Notice I underlined the word claim in Hagin's article. Why? Hint! The critics would call it the "Name it
Claim it" gospel
. But we know different, right? I received the "good news" of the gospel of Jesus Christ (His Grace). With that said... On a Saturday, November 10th, 1979 at 12:00 (noon) I confessed Jesus as my Savior and Lord. And, yes... By His Grace, I named it and claimed it and received eternal life (in Christ) the hope of glory.

Comments, (Welcomed)...

I personally never had a issiue with saying name it and claim it.
If this phrase is used in the context of what Dad Hagin was teaching.
He may not have put it out there ,it may have been a understudy of Hagin or a critic.
A hand full of bad a apples caused a lot of discourse among the movement ,not Kenneth Hagin.
It's crazy that a fundamental principle of Faith in Christ became so twisted.
Here's my understanding of the phrase:
What ever your asking God for ,name the Schripture your standing on.
Because if God gave it ,nothing in Heaven or Hell can take it back.
God's promises will not change,God's promises have standards we must obey ,but they will not change.
The claim ,is self explanatory receive it it's yours God said it I believe it.
Everything has been done in Christ ,past tense you need nothing more than to have Faith in what has already been given.
A true Christian will not ask out of lust, and what ever he asks God for will glorify Christ in doing so,because Christ gave all that we could receive the adoption into his Body and his mind.

Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Bless God ,this sermon will set you free if you can grasp what Kenneth Hagin is teaching.
You can perceive it as a lightbulb over a narrow mind.
Suffering lack is not God's will for Christians.
It does not make you holy, it actually puts your mind in a egotistical state.
The poor beat down man of God ,is in reality is in competition with Christ in His passion,and suffering for our sakes.
The humble poor man ,who is poor by his own doing wants people to look at his deeds rather than what Christ has done.
This may sound harsh ,but it needs to be brought into the light.
I always remember Judas worrying about the expensive fragrance Christ was being prepared with.

• Agree
Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
NORVAL HAYS: Remember this guy? Norvel Hayes celebrated his 90th birthday on Thursday, April 20. He is a pioneer in the Word-Faith message. He is a successful businessman, internationally re-nowned Bible teacher and founder of several Christian ministries in the U.S. and abroad. Even today, he still ministers the Word.

2%20-%20s%20NorvelHayes_zpsjrohcx2g.jpg~c100

Faith In God's Word

by NORVAL HAYES (Part 1)

I know of no better way to kick off a meeting than to teach you to have faith in God's Word. Why? Because that's the No. 1 way to fight the devil. If I can talk you into having faith in God's Word, you can have victory. It doesn't make any difference what anyone else believes, what your background is or where you're from. If you'll just make a decision to STAND on the Scriptures for yourself, God will manifest in your home. He'll manifest healing to your body. He will renew your mind when you absorb the Word. He'll manifest in your business. He'll manifest and bless anything YOU have and He will make it successful, IF... you will only get your mouth straightened out! God's Word will work for every person who has FAITH in it which is the ONLY way to please Him! (Please get this).

Many people think God will come on their scene just because they are born-again. And, yes... He is always on the scene... but the truth is, He ONLY responds to faith in His Word coming out of your mouth. You've got to KNOW what God has said in His Word about every area of you life where you need victory. What's more, you've got to SPEAK what His Word says about it. (Another please get this).

Jesus said in (Matthew 12:34), "...Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Jesus went on to say in (verse 37), "By (your words) you shall be justified, and by (your words) you shall be condemned." So by (your words)... it works both ways. Your victory comes directly from the Word of God that you have in abundance in your heart and... by the Word you SPEAK out your mouth! So the key is to get the Word that's from your heart and... (renew your mind) with the things of God.

There could be a hundred scriptures that would apply to whatever circumstances your facing today so don't be lazy... look them up yourself and (also get this)... for the only scriptures that will work for you are the ones you "get" but you won't (get) them just by reading the Word every once in a while. Your victory scriptures must be in your heart (abundantly). They must become a part of you. The Word of God you SPEAK about healing will manifest healing in your life day in and day out. His Word you SPEAK out about prosperity will manifest prosperity into your life everyday.

When Jesus had been in the wilderness for 40 days, the devil came around to try to convince Him that He could bring God's plan to pass in His life (through His OWN effort). Jesus knew exactly how to get the devil to shut up and clear out. (Matthew 4:1-11) tells us how He did it. Jesus countered every attack of the enemy with... The Word of God. He said, "It is written!" Three times Jesus responded to the temptations and mocking of the devil... with the Word. He knew the Word. He was the Word and He had faith in it to bring victory over the devil.

Guess what? God wants you to KNOW you can do the same thing Jesus did (1 John 4:17) "Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we... in this world." Get the Word that's in your spirit and make it a part of you by the renewing of your mind. SPEAK it out. Use it everyday. By faith... do it! You'll have victory... total victory!

MY COMMENTS: (Part 2) Next page...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
MY COMMENTS: (Part 2)

When Norval Hays mentioned that by speaking healing to your body, NOTICE he also mentioned speaking prosperity into your life. Again, the Word-Faith critics will attack or (already have) by believing WOF teaching about prosperity... is all about money. I just read this today from one major outspoken critic that said, "The whole WOF camps message is the prosperity gospel." (This is an outright lie). Even GotQuestions.org says, "The prosperity gospel, also known as the "Word of Faith." IMO... another outright lie. The WOF teachers I listen to will say that prosperity is not wrong...the prosperity gospel is. Others, I faithfully follow are saying, "There is NO such thing as a prosperity gospel"... even though they remain on the critics list. I do not believe that Norval Hays is just talking about "financial prosperity" by itself... but biblical prosperity such as...

Completeness, soundness, to abound, welfare, peace, exceedingly abundant life, successful, plenty, more than enough, barns are full, flourishing and good fortune. If you look up the Hebrew and Greek definitions of prosperity, many of these words carry over into favor as well. Biblical prosperity also includes relationships with God and with people. (Keep this in mind). Biblical prosperity is living in the Blessing while poverty is living in the Curse. So, are there any scriptures In the Word of God that would suggest Biblical Prosperity? Yes, there are several... but I will only present just one. That's all that is needed.

(Philippians 4:19) "My God will supply (every need) of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

This means being prosperous in (every way). But! And, please understand that God can/may/or does bless us with "wants" also but... (at times) may get us ALL in trouble. Some of our "wants" may be much bigger than others and I'm not the first to admit that Word-Faith... AND, EVERY Christian in general have had or having problems from time to time with being carried away with "the wants", and I believe we can all agree on this if were honest.

With that being said, God tells us CLEARLY in (Deuteronomy 8:18) that the primary purpose of wealth is so that we can finance the spread of His covenant on the Earth. Because faith is an indispensable key to receiving the promises of God. Jesus said, (Matthew 9:29) "It shall be done to you according to your faith."

Comments, (Welcomed)...

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

2%20-%20k%20Jerry%20Savelle_zps4lg2n1bs.jpg

When Your Tempted To Quit

by JERRY SAVELLE

EVEYONE experiences failure. But I learned a long time ago, even in the midst of failure, don't quit. When you get knocked down, get right back up... everytime! It's a lesson I've learned well. In fact, it's become the theme of my life. Years age, right after I started my ministry, a church invited me to preach at a ranch in Hot Springs, Ark. The members sat on lawn chairs in front of a makeshift platform so small the church's drummer had to sit on the ground beside it.

Nonetheless, I was so excited to have the opportunity to preach that I preached as hard as I could. Everything from Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Oral Roberts, and T.L. Osborn all rolled together. As I ran back and forth across the stage, fired up, I stepped too close to the edge and FELL off the stage... right into the bass drum. Can you imagine? There I was, (the preacher)... my bottom in the bass drum and my arms and legs sticking out! Everyone in the audience stood wide-eyed, looking to see where I had gone.

"Lord what do I do?" Get up, He said. Do what it says in (Micah 7:8) "When I fall, I shall arise." So, I didn't quit. I did just as He said. I got up stepped back on the stage and kept preaching. It turned out to be a great service. (Proverbs 24:16) says, "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again." If the devil knocks you down seven times, then get up eight. That's how you beat him. Sadly, many in the Body of Christ give up too quickly. Believers who give up have never developed the force of patience in their lives. Also, I believe people quit because they don't spend enough time in fellowship with God... and His Word. God and His Word are one and the same, and are able to build you up as you spend time with Him and His Word. Meditating on His Word will make you strong and cause you to become established, which will turn you into a person who will never quit. When you're tempted to quit, don't run from God... Run to Him.

If you will make the decision to (not quit), then you'll flourish (Psalm 92:12). Whenever you find someone abounding in the BLESSINGS of God, It's clear why.... they're faithfulness stands out. So, Don't get upset, and become envious or mad at them, or say ugly remarks about them because their BLESSED! Instead, follow their example. What He's done for them... He'll do for you! If you don't quit, and if you'll remain faithful, then get ready to flourish like never before. Get ready to abound in God's BLESSINGS. That's what happens for those who refuse to quit.

MY COMMENTS:

I left this part out when Jerry fell off the stage. After the service.... One lady approached him and said, "Brother Jerry, why did you fall off the stage?" "It was an accident," he admitted, "but did you see the getting up? That was quite a recovery!" said Jerry. "Do you fall often?" she asked. "No.... Jerry said, Did you see the getting up?" He repeated. "Is there something wrong with you?" she pressed. "Do you need prayer?" Jerry then said, "I don't want to talk about... the fall." He again, said... Did you see the getting up part?"

Jerry comments that many people are like that woman. They spend their entire lives talking about the fall (failures). They think God's teaching them something from our failures, but God doesn't want us to focus on the failures. He wants us to get back up and talk about the recovery.

Comments (welcome)...

Last edited:
Upvote 0