Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Mary's Christmas Story...​

Part 1-D (Lessons From Life):amen:

As I look back reminiscing on that time, and with the benefit of New Testament Scriptures, I’m always taken with the similarity between the way my engagement and wedding to Joseph should have gone and the relationship between the Church and the Messiah. I now believe the Lord set up these traditions just to teach us things about Himself as... Almighty God!

I didn’t know Joseph was coming into my life till the day he first arrived to ask for my hand. He and my father agreed on the price for me, and though it was all arranged by them, I had to choose for myself to confirm the agreement. When I did, I became his and no one could steal me away. Under normal circumstances he would then have gone away and I would rarely see him till he came like a thief in the night to carry me off to our wedding at his father’s house. The wedding date would have been unknown to me, because it couldn’t happen till his father agreed that the house he was building for me was complete. During the intervening time I would have had to watch and wait, always ready to go, because I wouldn’t have known the day or the hour of his return. I would spend a lot of time learning about him from his friends and preparing for our life together. When the wedding day finally came, the festivities would last for seven days and during that time we would be hidden away at his father’s house. At the end of the seven days we would return together to the house he had built for me and begin our new life.

Similarity, in the same way, most believers are not expecting Him when the Lord first shows up in their lives. Though Jesus and His Father have agreed on a price for us (his life’s blood) we have to choose for ourselves to confirm the arrangement. But when we do we become His and no one can steal us away. We never meet Him till He comes like a thief in the night to carry us off to His Father’s house for our wedding. That day will be a surprise to us, known only to His Father. In the meantime we watch and wait, always ready to go, because we don’t know the day or hour of HIS return, learning about Him from His friends while we wait. When the day finally comes we’ll be whisked away to His father’s house for seven years of festivities, after which we’ll return with Him to begin our new life as His Bride in the mansion He’s spent the last 2000 years building for us. Praise God!

(Continued)

Word-of-Faith1_zps4hx1mzr9.gif

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Part 1-E (Gabriel To The Rescue) :angel:

I praise God for those reminiscing times and I have to back up a little here to when I told Joseph about my condition, he was greatly troubled. You see, being pregnant out of wedlock was a very serious offense against our law. Joseph had every right to bring me before the priests and accuse me of sexual promiscuity, a crime punishable by death. Even if they let me live, my life would be ruined! An unmarried girl was supposed to remain a virgin and no self-respecting man would take a bride who wasn’t. And in those days there was no such thing as a single mom. What would I do? :help:

I guess he had already begun falling for me, and while he couldn’t overlook what (he thought) was my infidelity, he decided that he would just break our engagement quietly, and we could go our separate ways. I could tell he was heart broken, and so was I. I couldn’t really blame him though. It was an outrageous story. Never before in history had a virgin become pregnant! But while I was visiting Elizabeth an angel came to him in a dream and told him everything was just as I had said and it was OK to remain with me. What a relief!
Whew_emoticon1_zps7d4f2e60.gif

Don't miss the next time in Part 2 (Delivering the One Who would soon... deliver me!) Mary, mother of Jesus... (As Mary might have told it today. In her words…)

Smileys added for slight enhancement...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Mary’s Christmas Story… (Part 2)​

Part 2-A (Stand Up And Be Counted)

Hello, It's me again! The next few months flew by and before I knew it, my time to deliver had nearly come. Then the Roman governor really threw a wrench into the works by deciding to conduct a census. Every family in Israel had to travel to their ancestral home to be counted. For Joseph and me that meant Bethlehem since we were both of the tribe of Judah and the house of David. Joseph was a descendant of King Solomon while I came from his brother Nathan’s family. Yes, that means we were actually distant cousins many times removed, but before you get all concerned let me explain that this was proper for two reasons.

First, my father Heli had no sons so as his oldest daughter I was his rightful heir. But the law required I marry someone from the tribe of Judah so my family’s land wouldn’t be lost from the tribal inheritance given to our ancestors in Joshua’s time (Numbers 36:6-9). Joseph was a proper choice under the law.

And second, the angel Gabriel had promised that my son would rule on David’s throne. The problem was that just before the Babylonian captivity, Israel’s kings had become so corrupt that the Lord had put a blood curse on Solomon’s line of David’s family, the royal line of succession, swearing that no biological descendant of Solomon’s after Jehoiachin (aka Jeconiah) would ever again rule over Israel as King (Jeremiah 22:28-30), and indeed, none ever has; Jehoiachin was Israel’s last legitimate king. This even though the Lord had promised David that Solomon’s descendants would always be Israel’s kings (1 Chronicles 17:10-14). Since Joseph was from Solomon’s line, he carried this blood curse as did every other living descendant of King Solomon’s.

To fulfill all the prophecies and keep God’s promise to David, the Messiah had to be from the tribe of Judah and the house and lineage of David. (House of David means Jesus had to be a descendant of David’s. Lineage means He had to be in Solomon’s royal line of succession.)

If Jesus had been a biological offspring of Joseph’s He would have been disqualified by the blood curse from ever being the King of Israel. But because I was also from the house of David, and was biologically related to Jesus, I could secure my son’s claim to the throne as long as whoever I married was also David’s descendant and from the royal line. Joseph met this requirement too, and when we married he became Jesus’ legal father. This placed Jesus in the line of succession and fulfilled the requirement that He be “from the house and lineage of David” without making Him liable to the curse. For this reason alone Jesus had to be born of a virgin. It’s the only way any descendant of David’s could ever be qualified to rule as King of Israel. It sounds complicated, but God chose to be bound by his own law, just as we are. I praise Him for His faithfulness.

Of course the prophecy that Jesus would reign on David’s throne is unfulfilled as yet. It won’t be fulfilled till his 2nd coming. But because Joseph and I were cousins, it can legally come to pass.

(Continued)...

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Mary’s Christmas Story…​

Part 2-B (An Uncomfortable Ride To An Unbelievable Destination)

If you can imagine being nine months pregnant and riding a donkey for the 60 mile trip from Nazareth to Bethlehem, you know how uncomfortable I was. But we finally did arrive and wouldn’t you know it, every hotel was booked to capacity as we, so exhausted from the journey, were ready to settle for anything. And settle we did. An innkeeper took pity and loaned us his stable. Good thing too, because that very night I gave birth to a bouncing baby boy. When Joseph asked the Lord, “Why a stable?” He replied, “Where else would a Lamb be born?”

In (your time) there’s a popular Christmas song whose lyrics ask if I knew that this child I had just delivered would soon deliver me. Of course I did, and it made all the mean things that were said about me, all the discomfort I had endured, and all the sorrow I would feel more than worthwhile. I was truly blessed among women.

Some shepherds in nearby fields (tradition says the fields belonged to king David’s great grand parents Boaz and Ruth) were the first to learn of the Messiah’s birth. While out tending flocks of sheep the priests kept there for temple use, an angel informed them of the momentous occasion. Pilgrims bought the lambs from these flocks at Passover and when making sacrifices for sin, so these lambs were born to die for the sins of the people. It’s fitting that the shepherds tending these lambs would be the first to learn that The Lamb born to die for the sins of the people had come.

Traditionally in Israel a first time father would hire musicians to go through town singing the good news that he had a newborn son. We were too poor for that and besides our home town was two days North, but the God of the Universe, our son’s real father, opened the Heavens for choirs of angels to sing the Good News. Joy to the world!

Immediately after Jesus was born, someone handed me swaddling cloths to wrap him in. Contrary to popular belief, these cloths were neither a diaper nor a receiving blanket. They were made from the worn out linen undergarments of the Temple priests. Normally they were woven into wicks for the giant four-branched menorah that stood in the temple courtyard during the Feast of Tabernacles. There were four of these menorah and when lit up they cast a bright light that reflected off the white limestone of the Temple and illuminated the entire city. It was said that they lit up the whole world. These cloths were the perfect things to comfort Jesus, the (true Light) of the World. We can all say, Hallelujah to that, huh?

Even the location was significant. Bethlehem translates into English as “house of bread”, a proper place for the One Who is the Bread of Life to begin His mission on Earth, wouldn’t you say?

(Continued)...

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Part 2-C (Kings Will Bow Down Before Him)

Some time later we had some very distinguished visitors. Wise Men from Parthia, a powerful country North and East of Israel came into Jerusalem in a large caravan that set the whole city abuzz. Here’s why. Parthia was the current name for the mighty Persian Empire. Their armies had defeated General Pompey and the Roman legions a few years earlier and the memory of that defeat was still fresh in the minds of many. It was like a delegation from a powerful enemy come to visit.

Immediately gaining an audience with King Herod, they asked, “Where is He who is born King of the Jews?” Now Herod wasn’t even Jewish and had been appointed King by the Romans. You can imagine how this question must have startled him. Surely one born to be King would have a superior claim to the throne than a foreign appointee.

But Herod was a clever man. Treating his powerful guests with utmost courtesy, he summoned the priests who, after consulting the scroll of the Prophet Micah, answered, “Bethlehem.” Herod so informed the Wise Men and asked them to let him know of this king’s whereabouts so he could come and pay homage, too. He thought that by being cooperative he might trick them into helping him get rid of a troublesome rival. I believed all along that God had other plans!

When the Wise Men found us, they bowed low and presented gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh to Jesus. We learned that gold was prophetic of his kingship, frankincense of his priesthood, and myrrh of his death. (Myrrh is an embalming spice.) These gifts are also symbolic of His three heavenly offices: Prophet, Priest, and King.

When we asked how they knew to come looking for us, they said that ancient prophecies handed down in their priesthood for over 500 years told of a bright star that would appear in the Eastern sky at the appointed time and lead them to the king. Amazingly, they told us these prophecies had originated with the Jewish Prophet Daniel, who founded their order just for this purpose after the Persians had conquered Babylon.

(Continued)...

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Part 2-D (Get Out Of Town)

(Conclusion)...
That night Joseph and I were both warned in a dream to stay clear of Herod, so having found Israel’s King we returned home by a different route. An angel told Joseph to take us into Egypt quickly because Herod was out to kill Jesus. We left just in time, because without warning Herod’s soldiers stormed into Bethlehem and murdered all the boys under age two. We stayed in Egypt until the angel told us Herod had died and it was safe to come home.

So finally, after an absence of several years we returned back home to Nazareth. Joseph and I hope you enjoyed our adventure that would soon become the greatest story ever told. And our little boy (Jesus) would grow up to be the central figure in human history, God become man, born to die for the sins of His people and ransom us back from the enemy who had stolen us away in the Garden so long ago. So this concludes my story which is the real meaning of Christmas. Thank you for sharing this story from my time into your time. We love you and will soon all be together with our Lord.

Mary, mother of Jesus... (As Mary might have told it today. In her words…) Merry ChrisTmas!

(Some slight added emphasis for enhancement)

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Believing
Has No Limit

“If you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive”
(Matthew 21:21-22 NKJV).

Simply put, Jesus was telling His disciples there are no limits with God. They could have whatever they asked—if they only believed.

The thing that limits what God can do in your life is your belief system. Think about this: your life right now is a result of what you’ve believed over the past weeks, months, and years. Therefore, if you want to change your life, you must first change what you believe.

The way to tap into the (limitless) miracle power of God is by having faith, refusing to doubt, and believing the Word of God. When Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive,” He was telling His disciples to think outside the box and believe God for the impossible. The only requirement for their (receiving) was their believing.

When you are believing God for the impossible, your natural mind will come up with many reasons why it can’t happen. Your natural mind will tell you why it won’t work. Your natural mind will block the supernatural by limiting you to the probable, the logical, and the rational. But if God’s Word promises it will happen, then it can and will happen—when you choose to believe.

Belief in God and His Word opens the door to the supernatural. It moves you into the limitless ability and goodness of God. So, beginning today, create a new life for yourself and be all you were created to be. Live your dream by first doing what Jesus told you to do—believe!

Confession: I choose to open the door to the supernatural today. I remove any limits I have established by my wrong thinking, and choose instead to believe what God’s says in His Word. I now receive God’s limitless ability and goodness, and declare I will be all He created me to be.

Author: Jerry Savelle

Good article by Jerry. Notice he has the emphasis on believing. Also notice that there were no ifs, ands, and buts! I am well aware that, that statement just may have raised some eyebrows. But, Only believe... as Jerry said... is the only requirement. So is believing a work of God?

John 6:28-29
28 Then they (disciples) inquired, “What must we do to perform the works of God?”
29 Jesus replied, “This is the work of God: to believe in the One He has sent.”

Did you notice that the disciples used the word "works" as (plural)?
And what did Jesus say to them, that... I believe He meant on purpose and, (maybe) a little hidden wisdom here? He changed their (plural) word "works" to His (singular) word "work" meaning that the only requirement is to... "Only believe!"

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Incarnate Revelator

"Jesus saith unto him [Philip]...he that hath seen me hath seen the Father..." (John 14:9).

Man born into a world ruled by Satan did not by nature know his Creator. Since Adam's sin - when man died spiritually - God and man had been spiritually separated. Man desperately needed an Incarnation. The Incarnation of Jesus Christ - God manifested in the flesh - gave to the world the true knowledge of the nature of God.

Spiritually dead men couldn't know the nature of the Creator without a revelation from Him. God had been conceived as weird, cruel, grotesque, immoral, aloof, or perhaps, an impersonal energy, but He was never thought of as a God of love - a loving Heavenly Father.

"What's he really like?" people will inquire about some movie star, TV personality, politician, etc. And sometimes those close to that celebrity will attempt in an interview to tell what he is really like.

"What's God really like?" people want to know.

Friends, if you want to know what God is (really) like - just look at... Jesus!

Confession: I have seen Jesus in the revelation of God's Word. Therefore, I have seen the Father. I know what the Father is like. He's just like Jesus! He's a God of love. He's a Father God. And because of Jesus, He's my very own Father. I am His very own child. I'm so thankful for this great plan of redemption which included revealing my Father to the world.

Source: Kenneth E. Hagin.
I hope this devotional helps... make your day
busy1_zpse5hasnuj.gif

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What Grace Is and What Grace Is Not

There have been many misconceptions in the Body of Christ concerning what grace is and what it is not. Some people view Grace as an excuse to live a sinful lifestyle with a license to sin, or that Grace is cheap, while others view Grace as an excuse to be lazy Christians.

Grace is... NOT a license to sin (Jude 1:3, 4). As born-again Christians, we have received the abundance of Grace and the free gift of righteousness. We rule and reign in life (Romans 5:17). We have been called to freedom; however, we should not allow our freedom to be an incentive to live in the flesh by abusing Grace or the Grace message. The flesh is a way of thinking that goes against God (Galatians 5:13, AMP). Sin has NO dominion over us; we are NO longer under the Law, but under Grace (Romans 6:1, 2, 14).

Grace is... NOT a license to become lazy. The phrase (resting in God) does not describe inactivity. Resting in God describes our (determination) to trust God while working hard at it. When we are doing what God has graced us to do, we want to labor even more (1 Corinthians 15:10). God is at work in us, giving us the desire to do what He has called us to do (Philippians 2:12, 13).

Grace is... NOT an encouragement to settle for miserable circumstances. God will strengthen us in bad situations and circumstances, but He also gives us Grace to improve our circumstances. He is able to make all Grace, every favor, and earthly blessing come to us in abundance (2 Corinthians 9:8, AMP). There is Grace to help us succeed and remain victorious no matter what we face.

Grace is... NOT cheap. Just because something is free doesn’t mean it’s cheap. Grace and righteousness are free to us, but they were purchased at a very high price—the precious blood of Jesus.

Summary
These misconceptions about Grace cloud the true purpose and value of the Grace of God upon our lives. Grace is not merely a subject, doctrine, or teaching. Grace describes all that HE has done and all that HE is. Grace teaches us to deny ungodliness. Grace gives us the desire to do what He has called us to do. Grace is a PERSON that has a face and it is the face of Jesus...

by Creflo Dollar...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Something Funny​

1) John Hagee told this story about a woman who had a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital. While there, she had a near-death experience. She saw God and asked Him if she was going to die. “No,” God said. “You have 43 years, 7 months and 2 days left.” The woman was so excited that she decided to extend her hospital stay and have a face lift, a tummy tuck and liposuction. Finally, the hospital released her. As she started to cross the street, she was suddenly hit by a bus and died. When she saw God again, she said: “Hey God! I thought you said I had 43 years left!” God looked at her and replied: “I’m sorry. I didn’t recognize you!”

2) Then there’s the one about a man who believed 5 was his lucky number. He was born on May 5. Lived on 55th street. Had 5 children and a 5 bedroom house. On his 55th birthday he went to the race track. 5 minutes before it was to begin, he went to the ticket booth and bet $50,000 on a horse named Numero Cinco. (number 5 in Spanish) The horse, of course, came in 5th place!

(Joel Osteen, John Hagee, Jesse Duplantis, and others)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Devotions

You Were Healed

Jesus saith unto him, "Rise, take up thy bed, and walk." (John 5:8)

Before this woman got the revelation of 1 Peter 2:24, and received healing, I said to her, "I'll just get the Bible and prove to you that you're healed." I opened it to (1 Peter 2:24), laid it on her lap as she sat in that wheelchair, and said, "Read (1 Peter 2:24) aloud for me." And she did. Then I said, "Notice the last clause of that verse. What does it say?" She said, "By whose stripes, ye were healed." I said, "Now is 'were' past tense, future tense, or present tense?"

She looked at me, startled, and said, "Why, it's past tense. If we were healed, then I was." I said, "That's it exactly! Just lift up both of your hands and begin to praise God because according to (1 Peter 2:24), you are healed. You're not going to be; by whose stripes, you were healed. In the mind of God, you were healed when the stripes were laid on Jesus. You're already healed." She lifted up her hands and began to praise God. She said, "Lord, I'm so glad that I'm healed. You know how tired I got sitting around all of those four years.

I'm so glad I'm not helpless anymore. I'm so glad that my knees and legs are healed." Then I turned to her and said, "Rise and walk in the Name of Jesus." She instantly leaped to her feet!

Confession
I am healed. I am well. I can do the things that I couldn't do before. I'm so glad I'm healed!

Source: Kenneth E. Hagin

Something Funny
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

3) A priest, a pastor, and a rabbi are fishing together in a lake. The priest says, "I'm thirsty. I'll go grab a drink and be right back." So he walks across the lake to the cooler to get a drink and then walks back. A few minutes later, the pastor says, "I'm hungry. I'll go grab a sandwich and be right back."

So he walks across the lake, grabs a sandwich from the cooler and walks back. The rabbi decides to test this and says, "Let me try." He walks into the lake and immediately drowns. The priest asks the pastor, "Do you think we should have told him where the rocks are?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
4) After His death Jesus walked around in the heaven with sad feelings. He did not find His Father there. He asked people if they had seen His Father but nobody had. Then He met an old man sitting under the tree with sadness in his eyes. "What are you sad for?" asked Jesus. "I can not find my son. You can not find your son? And I have lost my Father" said Jesus. "Why did you lose your son?"

"The world took my son" answered the old man. "Oh, and it was the world that took Me away too" said Jesus. "Oh really?" said the old man. He was getting so excited. "Who was your father then?" "My Father was a carpenter" said Jesus. "Oh, really? I was a carpenter too." "But then, are you..? asked Jesus. The old man opened his arms. "Father!" said Jesus. "Pinocchio!" Said the old man.

(Joel Osteen, John Hagee, Jesse Duplantis, and others)

Grace Quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Look within, get depressed; Look around, get distressed;
Look to Jesus, find perfect rest.”

~Joseph Prince~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
From Timeless Teachings of Kenneth E. Hagin

WHEN HOWLING AIR-RAID SIRENS signaled another bombing raid in London during World War 11, (Archie Bunker would say, "The Big one") everyone ran to the nearest air-raid shelter. Everyone, that is, except a certain elderly woman. The people in her neighborhood were busy during the day-time cleaning up debris and trying to repair damage inflicted by the bombs. At night, they huddled for protection in the air-raid shelters.

After several nights, someone commented that this elderly woman was missing. Some speculated that she had been injured and was in the hospital. Other neighbors wondered if she had been killed. Still others thought she had gone away to the country to escape the bombs. A few days later, one of her neighbors met her on the street during the daytime and said, "Well, we certainly are glad to see you back and to know that you are all right."

"Oh, I haven't been anywhere," she said. "But you haven't joined us in the air-raid shelter every night. Where have you been?" her neighbor asked.

"I was home sleeping," was her calm reply. "Sleeping?" he asked, astonished. "How could you sleep through all this? Aren't you frightened?"

"No," she replied. "When I was reading my Bible the other day, I found where it says that God neither slumbers nor sleeps (Psalms 123:4), so I decided there was no need for both of us to stay awake."
891_zpsc7749185.gif
(hmm... "that's trusting in God")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Something Funny​

A man is stumbling through the woods, totally drunk, when he comes upon a preacher baptizing people in the river. He proceeds to walk into the water and subsequently bumps into the preacher. The preacher turns around and is almost overcome by the smell of alcohol, whereupon he asks the drunk, “Are you ready to find Jesus?”
The drunk answers; “Yes, I am.” So the preacher grabs him and dunks him in the water. He pulls him up and asks the drunk, “Brother, have you found Jesus?” The drunk replies, “No, I haven’t found Jesus.” The preacher shocked at the answer, dunks him into the water again for a little longer. He again pulls him out of the water and asks again, “Have you found Jesus my brother?” The drunk again answers, “No, I haven’t found Jesus.”

By this time the preacher is at his wits end and dunks the drunk in the water again…but this time holds him down for about 30 seconds and when he begins kicking and swinging his arms and legs he pulls him up. The preacher asks the drunk, “For the love of God have you found Jesus?” The drunk wipes his eyes and catches his breath and says to the preacher, “Are you sure this is where he fell in?”
Shep1%20-%20Copy_zpsusqzkrqu.gif
(The preacher backed away dumbfounded)

Grace Quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We shudder at the term grace because it has been so maligned, so abused, so misrepresented. We see grace as the get out of jail free card. “Oh yeah, I love me some grace man. I get my jiggy on in the weekend then I come back on Sunday and get me my grace on.” No, that’s not grace. You’ve met a concept, not the Person of Grace... Jesus Christ.​

~Judah Smith~

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Have you ever gotten to the place that you wonder if God even cares? We all have one time or another. I found this inspirational that will help our situation during these times...​

Brownbar.gif

Does God Care?

1 Chronicles 16:34
"Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
His love and His kindness go on forever."

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about all kinds of things. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: "I Don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.

"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick and dying people? Would There be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't Want to start an argument! The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said To the barber, "You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am A barber. And I just worked on you!" "No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside."

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not COME... to me."

"Exactly!" Affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES Exist! What happens, is, people don't GO... to Him and do not LOOK... for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

~Unknown~

passagesshare.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Receive the Answer to Your Mystery

(1 Corinthians 2:7) “But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the *hidden wisdom* which God ordained before the ages for our glory.”

How do we speak the wisdom of God? How do we speak answers to these mysteries?
scute_100-1051_zps73872200.gif

(1 Corinthians 14:2) “For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.”

When we speak in an unknown tongue, we are speaking mysteries, wisdom, and answers. We are speaking the (hidden wisdom) that God has hidden for us in these last days. The mysteries flow out of us when we get in the presence of God, in the secret place, and worship Him. When we pray in an unknown tongue, the Spirit of God is interceding through us. He is using our voice. He is using our vocal chords, but He is speaking the perfect will of God.

(1 Corinthians 2:13) “These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”

As a born-again believer, we have the One (Christ Jesus) living on the inside of us who knows everything that is happening on the outside of us. So doesn’t it make sense for us to get into fellowship with Him, to get into His presence, and pray in the spirit so we can pray the answer to (hidden mysteries?)

If something is happening in your life and you don’t have the answer, go into your secret place. Enter into praise and worship and the presence of God. Speak in your unknown tongue and receive the answer to the mystery in your heart. Take the time to release your faith while you are praying in the spirit. As you receive the mysteries of God, you will also receive peace and comfort knowing that God has deposited the answer in you.

Larry Ollison Ministries: Teaching the Word of Faith Throughout the World.

~Something Funny~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
A man in a Mercedes was speeding down a highway at 90 MPH, he went by a highway patrolman on the side of the road, and the patrolman went after him. The man saw the flashing lights behind him and sped up to 110 MPH, the highway patrolman continued after him. The man increased the speed to 120 MPH and again, the highway patrolman was still behind him. Finally, after he couldn't get away from the patrolman, he pulled over and stopped on the side of the road, and the highway patrolman walked up to his window and asked him why he was going so fast, and the man replied "My wife ran off with a highway patrolman last week and I thought it was you and wanted to give her back!"​

~Grace Quotes~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jesus (hasn’t) saved, healed, delivered, or prospered a (single person) in the last 2,000 years. What God has provided by grace 2,000 years ago now becomes a reality when mixed with faith. Faith appropriates what God has already provided. Faith doesn’t move God; He isn’t the one who is stuck. Faith doesn’t make God do anything. Grace and faith work together, and our part is to accept and receive what God has... (already done).

Andrew Wommack

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you my friend, your work has helped me at the right time.
God Blesses us through his ministers, and you are a Blessing.
Well, thank you kind sir! And, may I share some popcorn with you?
popcorn_zps51828ff2.gif

Um! Sorry, that ones mine. Here's yours...
popcorn1_zpszlb71vst.gif
Enjoy!

You are Blessed...

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Believing Is Having

John 6:47 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life."

The same Greek word translated everlasting is also translated eternal. Here it's describing the God-kind of life, which never ends. In other words, Jesus was saying, "He that believeth on Me has the God-kind of life."

Notice the phrase: "He that believeth (hath)." You see... believing is having. That's the way you have whatever God has made available to you in His Word - by believing is possessing.

Many times, people substitute mental assent, or mental agreement, for believing. They agree that the Bible is true and even admire the Word of God. They confess that every word of the Bible is true. But! They don't possess anything, because they're just mentally agreeing to it. But real believing is possessing.

Someone once said, "Believing ends in the glad confession, 'It's mine. I have it now." Remember, (Mark 11:24) says, "you shall have them." He that believes... has.

When you pray, believe that you receive it and you'll have it. When are you going to have what you desire? After you believe you receive it. Again... believing is having. If you believe you receive something, you're going to say, "It's mine. I have it now." You're saying that by grace through faith.

Confession:
Believing is having. I believe I receive healing. I believe I receive whatever I need. It's mine. I have it now.

A Kenneth E. Hagin (Classic)

fishbowldivide1_zpsmwnjqmqm.gif

GOD'S INVISIBLE BREATH​

The man (whispered), "God, speak to me."
And a meadowlark sang.
But the man did not hear.​

So the man (yelled), "God, speak to me!"
And the thunder rolled across the sky.
But the man did not listen.

The man looked around and said, "God, let me see you."
And a star shone brightly.
But the man did not notice.​

And the man shouted, "God, show me a miracle!"
And a life was born.
But the man did not know.

So, the man cried out in despair.
"Touch me God, and let me know that you are here!"
Whereupon God reached down and touched the man.
But the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on.​

MORAL: Don't miss out on a blessing because it isn't packaged the way you expect.

- Author Unknown -

fishbowldivide1_zpsmwnjqmqm.gif

~Grace Quote~​

I don't see how you can preach "too much" grace...because if you are then you are in essence preaching "too much Jesus" because Jesus IS Grace. It's like saying that the church should be careful not to preach too much love... impossible! Because Jesus IS Love as well. I think as long as you are preaching the Gospel of the Grace of Jesus Christ in its entirety, then... you have nothing to worry about.

~Author Unknown~

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Found this devotional by Jerry Savelle teaching that "with God, there are no limits." We are the ones that limit God... with our unbelief. We actually control our future by what we believe, good or bad. Andrew Wommack once said that God told him that "He was limiting what He wanted to do through (him) by (his) small thinking" (Psalms 78:41). Paul was a good example in taking the limits off God and literally changed the world. We are still benefiting from the revelations the Lord gave him as He wrote half (or more) of the books of the New Testament.

Wommack also says, "Don’t limit what you think God can do through you. Don’t evaluate yourself on just your carnal or outward qualities. You are a new person in the spirit, and you can do all things through Christ" (Philippians 4:13).

Believing Has No Limits

Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive” (Matthew 21:21-22).​

When Jesus spoke these words to His disciples, He was telling them that with God, there are no limits. He was saying they could have whatever things they ask for if they would simply believe. The only thing that limits what God can and will do in your life is your belief system. It’s just that simple. Your life as it exists right now is a result of what you have believed over the past weeks, months, and years. Therefore, if you want to change your life you must first change what you believe.

The good news is this: God has already given you the ability to control your future and your destiny. If you’ve made Jesus the Lord of your life, then the life you live is not a hit-and-miss experiment. You have been granted access to the things you desire through your ability to believe God. You tap into the limitless miracle power of God by simply having faith, not doubting, and believing the Word of God.

Jesus wanted His disciples to think outside the box, to believe God for the impossible. He was telling them the only requirement for receiving was their believing. He knew the only obstacle to this kind of believing was the natural mind:

•The natural mind will come up with lots of reasons why “it” can’t happen
•The natural mind will explain precisely why “it” won’t work
•The natural mind will block the supernatural, and limit you to the probable, the logical, and the rational

Whatever it is you are believing for, God has promised in His Word that it can and will happen when you believe. So, create a new life for yourself; be all you were created to be; live your dream by doing what Jesus said to do—believe. After all, believing has no limits.

Confession: Today I set my heart and mind fully on God’s Word and the promises He has made to me. I choose to believe God’s Word is true, and that I will receive those things I ask for in prayer. I have mountain-moving faith.

Author: Jerry Savelle (April 26, 2017)

A Little Humor to Start Your Day...​

One day Jesus and Moses are on the golf course and decide to have a contest over who can make the most outstanding shot. Moses goes first. He settles up for the shot and hammers it straight for the green. Unfortunately, the ball falls into a water hazard. Undaunted, Moses raises his arms to the sky, and the water parts where the ball dropped in. The ball rolls out of the water and onto dry land, only a foot away from the hole. Jesus looks at Moses and says,

"Hey Moses, that was a pretty good shot. Now let me see what I can do."

Jesus settles up for his shot and sends the ball screaming towards the green. Unfortunately, Jesus has the same luck as Moses did. The ball heads straight for the water hazard. Jesus holds out one hand and, instead of dropping into the water, the ball bounces on top of the water and rolls onto dry land only 3 inches from the hole. Moses says,

"Wow, that was an incredible shot!"

No sooner did Moses say this, than the skies grew dark. The wind started up, lightning and thunder crackled through the sky. Suddenly a ball falls from the heavens into the same water hazard where Jesus and Moses had hit theirs. A fish swims up and swallows the ball. An eagle swoops down, grabs the fish in his talons, and heads for the now darkened sky. Lightning strikes the eagle and he drops the fish onto the green. The fish opens his mouth, the ball rolls out and drops into the hole. Moses turns to Jesus and says,

"Man! I hate it when your Dad plays!!"

A Special GRACE Quote​

(Milton Goh): "People say that Pastor Prince's "GRACE" preaching is giving believers a license to sin. But people don't need a license to sin, they are already sinning because the (strength) of sin... is the Law."

e976edc1-86f0-4434-8a4a-e9557959e712_zps5nwt9zb2.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Τhe gospel of Christ it's not what you do but what Jesus did for you.

Stop trying to live for Jesus...let Him live through you.

The grace of God is the truth that has set us free

If this is absolutely true,think about this :

Matthew: 10. 32. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

The ball is in your court and up to you,in this case it indeed depends on what you do Christ will react to.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
A Husband and wife were in a argument over going to Church.
The wife said get up and go with me!

The Husband replied no!
Those people are mean and treat me like a dog,they look down on me and say bad things about me!

The Wife said I know dear but you still have to go after all your the Pastor!

Upvote 0