Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A Sinner’s Prayer
to Receive Jesus as Savior​

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, “. . . him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out” (John 6:37), so I know You won’t cast me out, but You take me in and I thank You for it. You said in Your Word, “Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Rom. 10:13). I am calling on Your Name, so I know You have saved me now.

You also said “. . . if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (Rom. 10:9–10). I believe in my heart Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe that He was raised from the dead for my justification, and I confess Him now as my Lord.

Because Your Word says, “. . . with the heart man believeth unto righteousness . . .” and I do believe with my heart, I have now become the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Cor. 5:21) . . . And I am saved! Thank You, Lord!
_______________________________________________________________​

I found this Sinner's Prayer on-line recently and as I read it, I noticed, "is there something missing here?" Is this really the correct way to become saved? This prayer is different from what I was taught in the old non-Pentecostal Pilgrim Holiness church I grew up in. For some reason it wasn't that simple in the way this author has portrayed it. In 1980, I started going to our local Assembly of God Church as the beginning of my initial adventure in the Pentecostal/Charismatic experience Help.gif and was later led to various Faith Churches over time. Today, (last three years) I finally found my "home" in the Word-of-faith movement in which I, (along with my family) have grown tremendously from WOF teaching from the likes of Hagin, Copeland, and many others that I actually, was already familiar with while attending the AOG church in my area in 1980. Would it be surprising that I can say that the majority of my/our growth came from this CF Word-of-Faith forum?

Anyway, back to this particular author's sinners prayer! In all of these church and faith experiences that I have had over the years to receive Christ was pretty well the same in all these church's we have attended which is different than this authors view.

Is this author's view of salvation correct? Or, from what I was taught from all the church's I have been involved in since 1980? (yes, even some WOF). This author didn't say anything about bawling and squalling at the church alter while were repenting and confessing all of our sins and practically begging God to "please" forgive us. At the holiness church alter, when others were praying with you, as your ("praying through"), one may slap you on the back and say things like, "you gotta get it all out." or "keep praying, you almost got it." Looking back, it seems like the more you wept, the closer you were to, "there it is." You prayed through and finally got it. I did that scenario many, many times in my younger years. I remember a few times, I purposely wept more and louder just so they would be convinced "I got it" and leave me alone. Sad, but I still saw a lot of this "style" alter confession/repentance even in our charismatic/pentecostal/faith churches that we attended. And, I believe that most all of my experienced trips to the alter to get saved and re-saved were from the heart, but... was salvation received by grace through faith (His grace undeserved, unmerited, unearned, and by faith... believing?) The difference back then was, "I hope so" and now today is. "I know so!"

Please understand, I am not mocking this way, for I have lived it for years. But, the question remains... Was I, and millions of others over the years truly saved, or was it our ignorance of the Word that resulted in "thinking" or, "we hope" that we are saved? I wish on this (worldwide) forum that millions could read this writing that have the same background that I was brought up in and do this... "Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith" 2 Corinthians 13:5 (NLT).

Again, back to this author's sinners prayer! Is there something missing or does he have it right? Any thoughts or comments welcome... Busy.gif

Word-of-Faith[1].gif

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
A Sinner’s Prayer
to Receive Jesus as Savior​
Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, “. . . him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out” (John 6:37), so I know You won’t cast me out, but You take me in and I thank You for it. You said in Your Word, “Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Rom. 10:13). I am calling on Your Name, so I know You have saved me now.

You also said “. . . if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (Rom. 10:9–10). I believe in my heart Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe that He was raised from the dead for my justification, and I confess Him now as my Lord.

Because Your Word says, “. . . with the heart man believeth unto righteousness . . .” and I do believe with my heart, I have now become the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Cor. 5:21) . . . And I am saved! Thank You, Lord!​
IMO, the one scripture that could have been included is this: Romans 4:25

There's nothing wrong with majorly declaring that Jesus paid for all our sins.

In fact I think it stops the devil from deceiving people into thinking the troubles he sets on them are due to sin.

Sharing the depths of the power of Jesus's blood to erase sin is life-changing and bondage-breaking IMO.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
IMO, the one scripture that could have been included is this: Romans 4:25

There's nothing wrong with majorly declaring that Jesus paid for all our sins.

In fact I think it stops the devil from deceiving people into thinking the troubles he sets on them are due to sin.

Sharing the depths of the power of Jesus's blood to erase sin is life-changing and bondage-breaking IMO.

Absolutely, I don't see any reason against using the addition of that scripture in a sinner's prayer. Anyone else want to add what may be missing? Eating (2).gif

Word-of-Faith[1].gif

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Romans 3:23 KJV “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”

Romans 6:23 KJV “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Romans 5:8 KJV “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”

Romans 10:9 KJV “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
Romans 10:13 KJV “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Romans 8:1 KJV “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”

Romans 8:38-39 KJV “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

1 Corinthians: 15. 1. Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2. By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

ROMANS ROAD

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
...and SUDDENLY!

Sometime back, I recall a message by Bill Winston where he used the phrase "...and SUDDENLY" several times in one particular sermon where God has a never-ending supply of sudden breakthroughs for all His children. In many biblical examples, these ...and SUDDENLY moments were preceded by a godly person or group of people seeking the Lord, (praying and trusting) in Him from the time of prayer until the answer has manifested in their lives. Even though there is a waiting period with (perseverance and patience) for the answer... it often appears as a ...and SUDDENLY moment.

In reality, everyone of God's children are earnestly waiting for their next suddenly moment from God in our area of believing and receiving. Just a few examples from the Word are as follows...

(Acts 2:2-3) "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all in one accord in one place, "...and SUDDENLY", there came from heaven as of a mighty rushing wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting."

(Acts 16:25) Remember when Paul and Silas were in prison? The Word shows us that (instead) of being depressed and disappointed with God the following occurred: "And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them." What happened next? "...and SUDDENLY", there was a great earthquake and the foundations of the prison were shaken and immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone’s bands were loosed." Notice the ...and suddenly happened as a (result) of praying and singing praises to God while still in prison! Instead of discouragement, they acted on their faith.​

What prison in your life do you need to (pray and praise) your way out of to receive that "...and SUDDENLY" moment?" As shown in the day of Pentecost, and as with Paul and Silas (and many other examples) in the Word, that a sudden breakthrough moment from God is (also) available to you. Perhaps, your patiently waiting for your miracle that you have prayed and believed for that hasn't come to manifestation yet, and you are more than ready to receive your sudden breakthrough. Begin now to pray and praise God no matter where you are in life and believe God when He says, "to call upon Him and He will answer" (Psalms 91:15). Never give up! Your "...and SUDDENLY" breakthroughs are on the way if you faint not and continue to pray and praise our wonderful Lord!

Be Blessed!
busy1_zpse5hasnuj.gif

Word-of-Faith1_zps4hx1mzr9.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Part 1: (God's answer not what you expected?)

We all have experienced a time or two when we were believing for something to come to pass, and finally it did, but... it didn't quite come to pass like the way you thought it would, or when. We've all been there, right? In these situations don't allow any disappointment to come in because it didn't work out the way YOU wanted it to, because... God knows more about your situation than you do. Remember this... He SEES our tomorrows for He knows the end from the beginning.

Everything He does is for a reason even if we may never know what that reason was, or even understand it. He knows what's best for us. Just TRUST Him for His ways may not be your ways.

God can "see what WE can't see" and if you just TRUST Him when these things happen, you may "later on" be able to see what you, (couldn't see,) that (He sees) in your situations. So, in the midst of God working everything out in your favor, (even though it's not what you expected), remind yourself... God sees your tomorrow. He sees what would have happened in your situation if it were to happen the way you wanted it to.

God may have you do some things (in your situation) in His "answer" to your prayer. You can't always see what God is doing behind the scenes for you. He's waiting for you to speak the Word. And when you step out on the Word of God, He reveals what He's been doing behind the scenes. He'll honor His Word when you're faithful to proclaim it.

Be Blessed...
coffee1_zps2dde4710.gif

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Part 2: (God's answer not what you expected?) Your going to like this...

A short story about Jesse Duplantis... In his early years he was praying that God would give him his (first) revival service. He wanted to please God so much by starting a revival. And in God's timing, He answered Jesse's prayer and led him to a large Baptist church in Ladonia, Texas. It was a beautiful church with large pillars in the front. Jesse thought that he reached the (big time) when preaching in a place like Ladonia. He never been there and didn't know what God expected of him. "Glory! I've hit the big time. I'm going to preach in a church with white pillars in front. Glory to God."

After meeting the pastor, (or whoever) he was told that he (wasn't) going to preach there at this beautiful church as he thought. In fact, he was told he wasn't going to be preaching in a building at all. Instead, he was going to preach in a farmer's field. Slightly bewildered, Jesse was driven out to an 890 acre (open area) cow pasture. He asked, "What if it rains?" "Well, you'll get wet." Jesse said, "Well, praise God. Okay."

Jesse, then commented... "the field is full of cows! They will be removed, right?" "Uh, no, not exactly. They won't bother you. They don't like people." So that night Jesse preached, just 34 people and a few cows showed up. He thought, "890 acres?" After about 20 minutes of preaching he noticed that people were looking at their watches as if they were trying to tell him, "It's time to shut her down." So being a little confused, he started to wind it up, "glory to God". He said, "Everybody, bow your heads and close your eyes." Boy, I was excited. I was ready for God to use me. God was going to use me, and I knew it." But, I'll tell you what was (really) about to happen. God was about to fall off the throne with laughter.

(Jesse) I bowed my head along with everybody else. I told everybody, "Nobody look around." (I had heard somebody say that once, and I thought it sounded really spiritual). So I used it at this meeting. "Bow your heads," I told those folks. "Nobody look around! If you don't know Jesus tonight, and you'd like to meet Him, I'm going to ask you right now, with every head bowed and every eye closed..."

I asked anyone who wanted to get saved to come on up and receive Jesus. My eyes were closed, so I didn't know who was coming. But all of the sudden I heard, "Moooooo!"

I opened my eyes and saw a great big cow standing at the altar. My first convert was going to be a cow! A cow came into that service to receive Jesus! People starting laughing, (but it was't funny). I wanted to quit preaching right there. I was so mad at God. I could just see God sitting on the throne and saying, "Look Jesus, A cow! Why, that boy's got power. He's got cows coming to the altar."
smileyslaughing_lol_point_left_100-1021_zpsa14eb7a1.gif
guffaw1_zps2de83af7.gif

I was so embarrassed. I was up there earnestly asking for people to get saved, and instead of people, I get a cow! The cow was up there just looking at me with blank eyes. He had no idea why he was up there (or... did he?) "Can somebody get this cow out of here?" I asked. I found out later that there was a (reason) that cow came up to receive Jesus. The very next week, they took that cow to the slaughterhouse. That's what the owner told me. I guess the cow had to get his life right before he went to meet his Maker.
3061_zpscea8d03d.gif

Jesse humbly approached God after the service that night and confessed that he was such a failure, but the Lord told him, "Jesse, you prayed for your first revival which wasn't the way you expected. But, you obeyed Me. You did what I asked you to, and you went to where I asked you to go, and I will honor it."

Jesse was obviously pleased by hearing from God that he preached there the next night and the night after that. All in all, he preached there a week, and those people (he said) "They blessed me, they really did, they blessed me." That was Jesse Duplantis's first revival.

(end of story). Be Blessed...

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Part 2: (God's answer not what you expected?) Your going to like this...

A short story about Jesse Duplantis... In his early years he was praying that God would give him his (first) revival service. He wanted to please God so much by starting a revival. And in God's timing, He answered Jesse's prayer and led him to a large Baptist church in Ladonia, Texas. It was a beautiful church with large pillars in the front. Jesse thought that he reached the (big time) when preaching in a place like Ladonia. He never been there and didn't know what God expected of him. "Glory! I've hit the big time. I'm going to preach in a church with white pillars in front. Glory to God."

After meeting the pastor, (or whoever) he was told that he (wasn't) going to preach there at this beautiful church as he thought. In fact, he was told he wasn't going to be preaching in a building at all. Instead, he was going to preach in a farmer's field. Slightly bewildered, Jesse was driven out to an 890 acre (open area) cow pasture. He asked, "What if it rains?" "Well, you'll get wet." Jesse said, "Well, praise God. Okay."

Jesse, then commented... "the field is full of cows! They will be removed, right?" "Uh, no, not exactly. They won't bother you. They don't like people." So that night Jesse preached, just 34 people and a few cows showed up. He thought, "890 acres?" After about 20 minutes of preaching he noticed that people were looking at their watches as if they were trying to tell him, "It's time to shut her down." So being a little confused, he started to wind it up, "glory to God". He said, "Everybody, bow your heads and close your eyes." Boy, I was excited. I was ready for God to use me. God was going to use me, and I knew it." But, I'll tell you what was (really) about to happen. God was about to fall off the throne with laughter.

(Jesse) I bowed my head along with everybody else. I told everybody, "Nobody look around." (I had heard somebody say that once, and I thought it sounded really spiritual). So I used it at this meeting. "Bow your heads," I told those folks. "Nobody look around! If you don't know Jesus tonight, and you'd like to meet Him, I'm going to ask you right now, with every head bowed and every eye closed..."

I asked anyone who wanted to get saved to come on up and receive Jesus. My eyes were closed, so I didn't know who was coming. But all of the sudden I heard, "Moooooo!"

I opened my eyes and saw a great big cow standing at the altar. My first convert was going to be a cow! A cow came into that service to receive Jesus! People starting laughing, (but it was't funny). I wanted to quit preaching right there. I was so mad at God. I could just see God sitting on the throne and saying, "Look Jesus, A cow! Why, that boy's got power. He's got cows coming to the altar."
smileyslaughing_lol_point_left_100-1021_zpsa14eb7a1.gif
guffaw1_zps2de83af7.gif

I was so embarrassed. I was up there earnestly asking for people to get saved, and instead of people, I get a cow! The cow was up there just looking at me with blank eyes. He had no idea why he was up there (or... did he?) "Can somebody get this cow out of here?" I asked. I found out later that there was a (reason) that cow came up to receive Jesus. The very next week, they took that cow to the slaughterhouse. That's what the owner told me. I guess the cow had to get his life right before he went to meet his Maker.
3061_zpscea8d03d.gif

Jesse humbly approached God after the service that night and confessed that he was such a failure, but the Lord told him, "Jesse, you prayed for your first revival which wasn't the way you expected. But, you obeyed Me. You did what I asked you to, and you went to where I asked you to go, and I will honor it."

Jesse was obviously pleased by hearing from God that he preached there the next night and the night after that. All in all, he preached there a week, and those people (he said) "They blessed me, they really did, they blessed me." That was Jesse Duplantis's first revival.

(end of story). Be Blessed...

When Jessie found the Lord he had watched Billy Graham on television.
Fell to his knees in a bathroom.
He went back home and proclaimed he was saved,his brother thought he was being arrogant and spit on him.
Jessie wanted to hit him,but got angry and decided to give it up.
He drove to a bar and was going to tie one on,but the car door would not open.
He tried his best to get out but it felt like a force was holding it shut.
Then he heard a voice that said, they spit on me too.
The door opened , but he was cured of his anger and drove away.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When Jessie found the Lord he had watched Billy Graham on television. Fell to his knees in a bathroom. He went back home and proclaimed he was saved,his brother thought he was being arrogant and spit on him.
Jessie wanted to hit him, but got angry and decided to give it up.
He drove to a bar and was going to tie one on, but the car door would not open.
He tried his best to get out but it felt like a force was holding it shut.
Then he heard a voice that said, they spit on me too.
The door opened, but he was cured of his anger and drove away.

Awesome! I can just visualize him even kicking the car door out of his frustration. I wonder if "heaven" was laughing at him again.
rnbwpat1_zps516c8642.gif
If you or (anyone) viewing ever get the chance to see him minister in your area, he is a must see. He can be a "little" goofy while ministering, but (the important thing) is he gets the message of the finished works of Jesus Christ (out there) in his own unique humorous way.

Be Blessed...
131_zps7eb3ad93.gif

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What Do you expect?​

A good friend of mine sent me a PM. He stated in one of his quotes, "If we were not under attack (Satan), I would wonder if we were teaching truth." His question to me was, "What Do you expect?

I chose to respond with my thoughts to the forum for all to view. I'll start off with the scripture (2 Corinthians 4:15-18) to help set this up along with the scripture in (2 Timothy 3:12) that says, "those who desire to live Godly will suffer persecution." (Notice key word:---> (desire!) So it's very clear that persecution, or Satan's "buffeting" is EXPECTED and, Yes, if we teach truth, Satan will launch all out attacks in attempts to stop or pervert truth. On the surface this sounds a bit scary but I'll assure you that, as Apostle Paul found out from his (desire) to live Godly, he was given a thorn in the flesh in which he asked God to remove it. During that time early on in his ministry, he didn't fully understand God's grace.

And, boy... did he find out!

2 Corinthians 4:15-18
v15 "All this is for our (benefit), that the abundant grace reaching and spreading more and more people will abound to the glory of God. v16 That is why we (never give up) or lose heart even though our outward man is wearing out, yet our inward man is being renewed day by day. v17 For our (light affliction), which is only for a (moment), works for us an eternal glory that is greater than anything we can imagine. v18 So we (look not) at the afflictions and the troubles (we see now), that are (only) temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. (even our faith)​

We remember Paul (2 Corinthians 12:8) PLEADING with the Lord (three times) to REMOVE these thorns (attacks). The Lord said, "Paul! My GRACE is sufficient." He was more or less telling Paul that His grace was not only available but, more than enough. So "Access it!" The Lord also told Paul that, "My strength is make perfect in your weaknesses" (afflictions, troubles, trials).

Once Paul (really) grabbed ahold of that revelation... he said in (2 Corinthians 12:9) "I would rather BOAST in my infirmities so the power of Christ may rest upon me, (v10) so therefore, I take (pleasure) in all my needs, persecution, distresses, for Christ sake. For when I am weak I am strong... in Him!"

This revelation of God's GRACE hit Paul so profoundly that he went from pleading to (remove) the thorn to almost pleading for "more"... for he then (understood) that GRACE is the power of Christ, and in (Romans 5:2-3) "through Christ, we (also) have access by (faith) to this GRACE and not only that we can also GLORY in tribulations knowing that tribulations produces perseverance" (being persistent, steadfast and determined) to finish any work God has for you.

Here's the bottom line... (my friend asked) "If we are NOT under attack I would wonder if we're teaching the truth... What do you expect?" One may not like my thoughts on this but, there is some, (good news), even though we can (expect)... the "THORNS" of light afflictions, troubles, trials, persecutions, weaknesses, infirmities, distresses, tribulations, and other attacks. (Did I miss any?) Yes, for those who (desire) to live Godly (and teach truth) will be under attack and will suffer persecutions (2 Timothy 3:12).

The (good news) is, as with Paul, WE also access this GRACE by faith through (any afflictions) that Satan throws at us. #(1) "Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all" (Psalms 34:19). #(2) "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest on me" (2 Corinthians 12:9). #(3) "For our light affliction, which is only for a (moment), works for us an eternal glory that is greater than anything we can think or imagine (2 Corinthians 4:17). I would say that these things are Good News!

And lest not forget (James 1:2-4) speaks the same thing Paul encountered with his thorns, "Consider it all (pure joy) my brothers, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the trying of your faith works patience. So (allow) your patience to finish the work your doing so you may be complete, not lacking anything."

So there you have it. If your (desiring) to live a Godly life and teach His truth, then you will be going for a ride of persecutions, and more... but, by (grace through faith) and Christ (in you) leading the way, you will receive His multiplied grace upon grace and defeat him every time and reap eternal rewards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I cannot help to think that when persecution comes,that promotion is waiting on the horizon.
Psalm: 30. 4. Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. 5. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. 6. And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Stop Worrying and Start Living

Now that Thanksgiving is over. What's next? Christmas! Had more than enough worrying about our Thanksgiving plans in getting with everyone in the family to share their ideas on deciding what were all going to do this year, and where are we all going to meet up? Do we eat out this time, maybe the Golden Corral? Whose home are all of us going to? (you know the routine), and then once everyone decides on what were all going to do, and where to go... then we have to get everything and everyone lined up since we all have other families doing the same, trying to fit their time scheduling also. Some will get together with our family at noon and then go to their family that evening. It can be a mess and now we have Christmas coming up! Does all this sound familiar?

And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?” (Mathew 6:27). Isn’t it amazing how we will become distressed over things that may never happen. Everything has to work out perfectly, right? Worrying can add nothing to our life. It will only bring us down.

Many times it is the, "what if’s" that cause us to worry. We might think, "What if one of our grandkids get sick?" What if our car breaks down?” or, “What if our son-in-law gets called to work (happens often), when it's been decided that the main meal starts there?" These are all real life situations, but they are not solved by stress and anxiety.

They say there is a slight difference between worry and concern. Many times when we are driving we see a fire truck pass us by. It causes us to be concerned about the people in danger. (Psalm 138:8) tells us, "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me." Make this verse your thought when worry arrives. Believe that God will protect you and, "perfect that which concerns you."

Charles Swindoll once said, "Worry pulls tomorrow’s cloud over today’s sunshine." Sometimes we could be enjoying time with family on Sunday, then we realize tomorrow is Monday and begin worrying. Then Monday arrives and we start to worry about Tuesday. The cycle will continue until we realize that this adds nothing to our day.

What is the solution for worry? It is Jesus. It is when we seek His kingdom and His righteousness that we will forget to worry. Jesus talked about this topic and at the end of the passage in (Matthew 6:33) He explains, "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." (Matt. 6:33).

God will provide for all these things as we seek Him (first). When worry arrives remind yourself that God has made us righteous. Remember how Jesus died so that we could be born into the kingdom of God. Fear and worry has no place where the cross stands tall.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving holiday.

Be Blessed to be a BLESSING...
letseat1_zps6dbaf555.gif

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I found a good devotional by Kenneth Copeland about an (experience) pertaining to Jerry Savelle and his wife one time while out mall shopping. Savelle's experience was awesome!

Can Strangers See Jesus in You?

"Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus" (Acts 4:13).
How would you like to be so full of the glory of God that it's unmistakable to those around you? How would you like for people to be able to know just by looking at you that you'd been with Jesus?

It's entirely possible if you are born again and filled with the Holy Spirit. The same mighty power that changed you inwardly when you were saved can so revolutionize you outwardly that even strangers on the street will be able to see Jesus in you.

One of my favorite testimonies is the one Jerry Savelle tells of the time he was in a shopping mall with his wife, Carolyn. Jerry was relaxing and just wondering around from one store to another, casually passing time until Carolyn finished her shopping.

A woman walked up to Jerry and said, "Will you pray for me?" Since he didn't know the woman, he was puzzled. "Out of all the people in that mall, how was it that you picked me out?" he asked.

She said, "The Lord told me to come to this mall and someone would be here who could pray for me. I came here looking for that person. I noticed a beam of light. It would go into one store, wander around, then go to another store and wander around some more. I followed the light until I found where it was coming from, and it was coming from you!"

What was that light? The glory of God! It was shining from Jerry much like it shone from the face of Moses when he came down from Mount Sinai. And that radiant presence of God brought healing to that woman when Jerry prayed.

Just as the fact that Peter and John had been with Jesus was unmistakable, so was the fact that Jerry Savelle had been with Jesus when that lady walked up to him in the mall.

When you spend time with Jesus, it will be undeniable. His power and His glory will be reflected in you to the world. And His presence upon you will meet needs everywhere you go. Take time to be with Jesus today!

Be Blessed to be a BLESSING...
81_zps66fba825.gif

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I was at our Church picnic , we were singing and praising God with our music,a joy was in our hearts.
When I had taken some pictures , the sunlight coming through the trees showed up in the form of crosses all around us.
I will try to find them and upload them,but the light beams were somthing to see,and we were in his presence glory to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was at our Church picnic , we were singing and praising God with our music, a joy was in our hearts.
When I had taken some pictures , the sunlight coming through the trees showed up in the form of crosses all around us.
I will try to find them and upload them, but the light beams were something to see, and we were in his presence glory to God.

Yeah, that would be interesting to see. I hope they upload alright. We'll be waiting for them. :wave:

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This writing series is from... A Bible Study by Jack Kelley of Gracethrufaith... featuring Mary (mother of Jesus) and her Christmas Story as she might have told it today. In her words…)

Mary’s Christmas Story…​

The angel said to me, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end." (Luke 1:30-33)

Part 1- A (My Introduction!)

Hello everyone, :wave: My name is Mary, and as you know I’m not one of the Bible’s writers, although my story appears in several of the Gospels. What follows is a re-telling of my experience with some extra tidbits thrown in that, while historically accurate, may even be new to you. Merry Christmas.

There was an expectancy you could almost feel in Israel in those days, and sometimes it exploded into the streets as one itinerant preacher after another toured the country delivering his Messianic messages. Some actually claimed to be the Messiah, while others loudly hailed His coming, warning everyone to get ready. Usually it got them in trouble with the law, since the thing the Romans hated most of all was civil unrest. Some were beaten and run out of various towns and a few were put to death. But the people caught the Messianic fever, hoping, dreaming and even praying that the Lord would raise up a leader to defeat the Romans and restore our country to its glorious days of the past.

Those who took our Scriptures literally knew from reading the prophet Daniel that the time had about come for the promised Messiah’s arrival. Back in the year (your scholars call 586 BC) the Babylonians had destroyed Jerusalem, leaving the whole area in ruins as they carried all our people off to a life of slavery. One of those people was Daniel, and while he was in Babylon the Lord told him that after 70 years the Persians would conquer Babylon and the Jews would be set free to return and rebuild everything. And then He told Daniel that 483 years after they received permission to rebuild Jerusalem, the Messiah would come. The Persian King issued the official decree authorizing them to begin on a date (you) know as March 14, 445BC.

That meant that if the Scriptures were true the Messiah was coming soon, even in our lifetimes! Of course many of the people I knew and most of our country’s leaders didn’t believe that anymore, but still we could always hope and the words of those Messianic preachers really had us stirred up. (We later learned that from the issuing of that decree to the day you call Palm Sunday, the only day Jesus ever permitted Himself to be hailed as Israel’s King, was 483 years to the very day!)

(Continued)

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Mary's Christmas Story...​

Part 1-B (Were Engaged!) :clap:

As a teenage girl in Nazareth, I had lots of other things on my mind, too. Let’s not forget that I was engaged to be married! My betrothed was a carpenter named Joseph. He had a shop in town and made furniture and things for the people of Nazareth. In his spare time he was building the house we were going to live in.

Let me take a minute to explain that in those days things were a lot different from the way they are in your time. It took years for men to establish themselves sufficiently to be able to support a wife and family, but when they did they often chose younger women who were strong enough to bear and raise lots of children. And so it was with Joseph.

Since he was quite a bit older than me I didn’t know him at all, but he had apparently taken a liking to me because one day he showed up at our house to ask for my hand in marriage. This meant that my family would be deprived of my help in keeping our household functioning, so my father needed to be adequately compensated for his loss. After a long session of negotiating a proper price for me while my mother and I sat there watching, Joseph and my father reached an agreement and all eyes turned to me. Talk about being a little stunned!

I had about thirty seconds to agree or disagree to the arrangement. If I disagreed Joseph would leave and I would never see him again. If I agreed there would be a legally binding betrothal ceremony, and a series of closely chaperoned “get acquainted” meetings would be scheduled. We would never be alone together until our wedding night, which would take place only after Joseph’s father determined that the house he was building for us was finished and suitable. This often took still more years. Things moved a lot more slowly then, but in my case an event unique in all of human history would alter our time table considerably.

(Continued)

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Mary's Christmas Story...​

Part 1-C (A Visit From Heaven) :bow:

It was during this time of waiting that I had the strangest visit. An angel who called himself Gabriel suddenly appeared to me. “Greetings, you who are highly favored,” he said, “The Lord is with you.” To say I was greatly troubled at his words would be a huge understatement, and I wondered what kind of greeting this might be. What in the world is going on? But the angel said to me, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. YOU... will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.”

Naturally, I said, “How will this be,” I asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God.”

“I am the Lord’s servant,” I said. “May it be to me as you have said.” Then the angel left me.

Well what do you say after a conversation like that? I was stunned! :scratch: Speechless! And anyway who could I tell? There was only one person in the world who might have even an inkling of what I was going through; my cousin Elizabeth. Though much older than I, she was just now experiencing a very similar shock. Having been barren all her life, a huge embarrassment for a woman in my time, she was going to have a baby, too. And it was also the Lord’s doing. I had to go and visit her, even though it was several days journey in a time when travel was a major undertaking.

(Continued)

Upvote 0