England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'My soul thirsts for God,for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?' (Psalms 42:2) This is one of the Psalms attributed to the Sons of Korah. Korah was a naughty character mentioned in the book of (Numbers 16) and rebelled against his leader Moses who was leading the children of Israel through difficult times. Korah led a nasty revolt and he and the revolting ones died. But the Sons of Korah were spared from death and the Korarthites became doorkeepers and keepers of the temple. They had a great hunger and thirst for the living God. 'When can we go and meet with Him?'They asked. They longed for God so much that they wanted to go and be with Him. Perhaps we too may feel the same. We long for God and we are looking forward to going to 'glory' and meeting with Him there. But we are called to love and serve Him where we are,at this time,on earth. Heaven will come one day and we shall be with Him there,but there is work to be done here and we 'must be about our Father's business' (as Jesus realised when He was on earth and 12 years old in the temple)

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 84 is also from the sons of Korah. Korah rebelled and led a revolt against Moses and died with his revolting ones,as a consequence of their sins. Their children obviously survived through the generations to the time of David. What a lovely Psalm this is!. 'How lovely is Thy dwelling place,O LORD Almighty! My soul yearns,even faints for the courts of the LORD. My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God' (Psalms 84:1)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I re-read the book,called 'The Happiest People On Earth',telling the story of Demas and Rose Shakarian,founders of The Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International. What a wonderful story of hunger and thirst for more of God by John and Elizabeth Sherrill. Men around the world spreading the gospel. It was difficult to start with,but God was on it and has prospered it. It started in 1953 in Los Angeles and now there are thousands of chapters around the globe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.