My son was punished at school for talking about Jesus!

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow... what state was this?
Today, I withdrew my 1st grade son from the public school system and put him in private school. He has high functioning autism and absolutely loves Jesus so much that he gets upset when it is not his turn to pray at dinner time. His favorite book is his children's Bible and he insists on reading it every day. All this, of course, before public school.

Over the last few months I began to notice that he wasn't as insistent on prayer and did not want to read bible stories. Finally, at dinner time, he told me that he didn't want to pray. So I asked him why, the answer shocked me.

It started around Christmas time when all the kids in class were talking about Santa and Frosty the Snowman. My son told his friends that Christmas was about Jesus and began to share the Gospel. As a result, he was punished by the administrators and he was told that he was being offensive.

Eventually, the other kids in the class started picking on him because he shared Bible stories. When we talked to the school they told us, "Well, if he would just stop talking about Jesus so much then the kids will stop picking on him."

I am absolutely furious that this has happened. So I immediately withdrew him from the public school system and enrolled him into a Christian private school. My question is, "Has anyone else had similar issues with the public school system attacking your child's faith?" If so, how did you handle it?

Upvote 0