My son is wearing these funny animal costumes and i dont know if i should be concerned..

Missy tina

Oct 20, 2022
Tampa
✟9,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Widowed
Okay, this is for all of the mommies out there.
I need help, my son aged 14 keeps wearing these weird animal costumes. he keeps on telling me these are his forsuna, i really dont know what that is and does it go against our faith?
I really do wanna accept him and help him live in Gods full image.
Please help.

-a concerned mommy in need

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,653,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, this is for all of the mommies out there.
I need help, my son aged 14 keeps wearing these weird animal costumes. he keeps on telling me these are his forsuna, i really dont know what that is and does it go against our faith?
I really do wanna accept him and help him live in Gods full image.
Please help.

-a concerned mommy in need
He’s into the furry thing?

Fursona - Wikipedia

So you had your son at 12?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Missy tina
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,060.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

I'm not a mom but I'm very aware of the term fursona. It is a combine term of 2 words fur as in animal hair and persona as in self image. Sorry to say if your son is serious about it he is likely a furry. A sub-culture where people identify themselves as animal trapped in a human body.

A lot of furries you will find on the internet are less than wholesome to put it gently. There are those how are normal and treat it as role playing but the vast majority of them tend to extend to unhealthy sexual acts.

Depending on how far he goes into the culture, there might be cases where he will go against the teachings of God.

As to how to deal with it, I'm a single guy. My advise on parenting will be as valid as a goat teaching English.

Upvote 0

Missy tina

Oct 20, 2022
Tampa
✟9,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not a mom but I'm very aware of the term fursona. It is a combine term of 2 words fur as in animal hair and persona as in self image. Sorry to say if your son is serious about it he is likely a furry. A sub-culture where people identify themselves as animal trapped in a human body.

A lot of furries you will find on the internet are less than wholesome to put it gently. There are those how are normal and treat it as role playing but the vast majority of them tend to extend to unhealthy sexual acts.

Depending on how far he goes into the culture, there might be cases where he will go against the teachings of God.

As to how to deal with it, I'm a single guy. My advise on parenting will be as valid as a goat teaching English.

thank you sir! I will try to talk to my son about this.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,008.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know any furries, but based on online info it seems to range from kids make believe to sexual fetish. There’s even a Fellowship of Christian furries, with an evangelical faith statement. You should see where on this spectrum he falls. At 14 I’d bet it’s closer to the make believe.

Here’s a summary. Words We're Watching: 'Furry' and 'Fursona'

Upvote 0

Missy tina

Oct 20, 2022
Tampa
✟9,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Widowed
I don’t know any furries, but based on online info it seems to range from kids make believe to sexual fetish. There’s even a Fellowship of Christian furries, with an evangelical faith statement. You should see where on this spectrum he falls. At 14 I’d bet it’s closer to the make believe.

Thank you so much, God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

axelthefox

Mar 26, 2020
Anywhere
✟26,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Yeah, and some people on the internet, when you tell them about furry, think of the freaky stuff.

And they discriminate and when presented with info that not all furries are like that, they don't listen to any explanations that other fandoms have erotic content.

Every fandom, to some degree has erotic content to a certain degree.

Like fantasy roleplaying games have women in chainmail bikinis, even anime has erotic content to a certain degree yet we furries are judged. Totally makes sense ~sarcasm~

Write up of a anime site, Is Crunchyroll Safe? A Crunchyroll App Review for Parents

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,060.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Every fandom, to some degree has erotic content to a certain degree.

Unlike other fandom, the furry community has one of the highest ratio of sexual attraction to the subject matter especially in America. The number in some surveys are in the 20+% to 30+% range. A mother should have all the information for her to make her decisions. We shouldn't hide the darker aspects solely because not everyone does it. No one here is judging you.

Upvote 0