• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
My son is autistic. My wife gave birth to our beautiful son Johnny in 2007 it wasn't till Johnny started school at the age of 6 that we knew we had a problem. the school reported that Johnny was very difficult to manage and would not follow instructions. During lunch breaks, Johnny would take off and be hard to find and I became very concerned for our son's safety. After many incidents we had our son diagnosed and it was found that he was autistic the school was not up to the standards for my liking to cope with this situation. We had the option to send Johnny to a special needs school that is 50 km from our home. My fears became too much and my wife and I decided on homeschooling this has turned out to be a great blessing. My fears subsided instantly when this decision was made. My wife Linda has done all the hard work educating Johnny now for 8 years and we will never regret this decision. Johnny is about to turn 14 and I am so proud of my wife and son Johnny. Johnny is a little bit naughty now and then but what child isn't. We like to spoil Johnny I know this can have its problems but that is nothing compared to all the positives that we have in our lives. I thank God for the strength and powerful blessing that has been delivered into our lives God and Jesus really do answer prayers.

Last edited:

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My son is autistic. My wife gave birth to our beautiful son Johhny in 2007 it wasn't till Johnny started school at the age of 6 that we knew we had a problem. the school reported that Johnny was very difficult to manage and would not follow instructions. During lunch breaks, Johnny would take off and be hard to find and I became very concerned for our son's safety. After many incidents we had our son diagnosed and it was found that he was autistic the school was not up to the standards for my liking to cope with this situation. We had the option to send Johnny to a special needs school that is 50 km from our home. My fears became too much and my wife and I decided on homeschooling this has turned out to be a great blessing. My fears subsided instantly when this decision was made. My wife Linda has done all the hard work educating Johnny now for 8 years and we will never regret this decision. Johnny is about to turn 14 and I am so proud of my wife and son Johnny. Johnny is a little bit naughty now and then but what child isn't. We like to spoil Johnny I know this can have its problems but that is nothing compared to all the positives that we have in our lives. I thank God for the strength and powerful blessing that has been delivered into our lives God and Jesus really do answer prayers.
May Johnny be healed in the name of the Lord Our God Jesus Christ. Everyone say AMEN.
May God bless you

• Prayers
Reactions: Walk together
Upvote 0

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
We homeschooled three Asperger kids and shudder to think how things would have gone in public school.

Praise God we had the option to homeschool.
Thank you it is too risky to take the chance 99.9 per cent of teachers mean well but that 0.1 per cent we just can't take the chance. Keep taking care of your loved ones.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟421,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
@Walk together ,
As an Autistic man who lives independently now after being in adult foster care for 15 years, let me say if I was your son I would be thankful to have such caring and loving parents. God bless you for your kindness and patience with your son. Raising an Autistic person can be a joyous journey but it also has its trials. God bless!

PS--Welcome to ChristianForums! :)

Upvote 0

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
As an Autistic man who lives independently now after being in adult foster care for 15 years,
Thank you so much Jesse I am so glad that you have good control over your life God and Jesus are very close to you. We will continue to stay very close to our son Johnny and continue to thank the Lord for the love and strength that we constantly receive God bless you Jesse take care from Ian in Australia.

Upvote 0

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
God is just too faithful & amazing....
Thank you splish-splash we will stay with the Lord forevermore and I sure do look forward to having you as a loving sister in the new world very soon I pray. God bless you and stay safe.

Upvote 0