• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is Pegging a Sin? Can Christians in Marriage Enjoy It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedx

Jan 17, 2008
✟15,112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I post under a different account but I feel too ashamed to be posting this. I can't talk about this with anyone I know and I'd be mortified even if you figured out who I was. But I have to post this because I need advice and understanding from you. Maybe you have experienced this problem and can show me the way into the light for I struggle with this every day.

I endevour to be a good man. I live in a small farming town in Mississippi and was born Christian. I rebelled in my teenage years and I have to admit I had premarital sex on more than one occasion but at the age of 19 I accepted our Lord Jesus into my heart and saw the error of my ways and abstained from premarital sex. I married at the age of 24 my wife who I love every waking moment. I never let my thoughts wander to any other woman. I abstain from masturbation though I find it very hard to do so. I fail in this regard sometimes but I fight every day to quell the urges. With prayer, vigilance, and my wife's help we have worked to increase the time between my sinful activity and I believe that one day we will defeat it.

But I have delayed long enough. My problem is something relating to the intimate contact between my wife and I and I am ashamed to disclose it but I must. In order to be intimate with my wife I must partake in "pegging". This sexual practice is one I was introduced to in my days of sin and I cannot shake it so hard as I try. Pegging involves putting a sexual device inside one's anus to stimulate the prostate gland.

I hate myself for doing it and I do not understand why I do. I have never had a homosexual thought in my life and the thought of an man's privates entering my hindquarters disgusts me. Some days I fear that someone could detect my perverse desire and out me as the sinful man that I fear I am.

But when I am with my wife I cannot be intimate with her without using the pegging instrument. She knows this and believes it is okay as, because the device is not actually a man's private, it is not sodomy. I am not sure. The practice seems a perversion to me and not right to be engaged in between a man and his wife. Yet though I have prayed nightly to the Lord to rid me of this terrible affliction I cannot be intimate without it.

How can I break free of this urge?

Skunk

Nov 27, 2007
✟7,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
To me it sounds more like it could be a medical condition than a moral one. You say you must "peg" in order to "lay" with your wife. Is this because you have trouble getting an erection? Or is it that you need the feeling of it now that you have had it?

I really would urge you to speak with your doctor about this problem, as well as your pastor if you have one if you feel. If you are having an erectile problem, not sure if that's what you mean, but there are many ways to fix that, and your doctor can take a look at your lifestyle to see if there is anything you can change. I was shocked at the number of medications which can cause ED.

I will pray for you brother. Try not to be so hard on yourself. You know you are a sinner and stumble, but you know you can overcome it with Jesus.

Upvote 0

FishButton

Feb 15, 2008
✟15,164.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My view may be unpopular here but I don't believe that enjoyment of anal penetration is wrong or immoral, especially when you are doing it with your spouse.

The prostate is often called the male g-spot, and most men have been told that anything dealing with that region is homosexual in nature--which is absolutely untrue. It's an erogenous zone, like any other.

Upvote 0

InnocentOdion

Seeker
Feb 2, 2006
✟11,136.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Married
My view may be unpopular here but I don't believe that enjoyment of anal penetration is wrong or immoral, especially when you are doing it with your spouse.

The prostate is often called the male g-spot, and most men have been told that anything dealing with that region is homosexual in nature--which is absolutely untrue. It's an erogenous zone, like any other.
I agree.
It's the erogenous zone. It doesn't mean you're gay or sinful. I'd speak to your doctor about it, there might be a physical or mental reason.

Upvote 0

childofgod57

Oct 2, 2007
✟7,886.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
ill be crude,lots of men like their partners sticking their fingers in the husbands rectum,its a sexual turn on for some,as for your fears or unconcious fears you have homsexual tendencies i would say without a shadow of doubt not a chance,had you been you would have done something along the lines of a possible meeting with a man to satisfy those needs a long time ago

lastly you feel ashamed?,hmm maybe thats to do with you need this pegging to get an erection when most males dont need it {im not privvy into couples bedrooms so my view on them is a guess}

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
just a reminder about the recovery guidelines:
    • Off-Topic subjects include creating posts or threads that are not about coping with, recovering from or advising someone about the topic areas of each Recovery Forum. Quote:
      One active fellowship thread and one devotional/inspirational thread that is not directly related to the subject of that forum is allowed per forum area.)
    • Endorsement of certain topics (Endorsement means you can't post to encourage someone to engage in these behaviors or indicate that they are acceptable choices.)
      • Drug use
      • Gambling
      • Polygamy
      • Extramarital or premarital sexual activity
      • Masochism/Sadism/inappropriate behavior with animals/Pedophilia or other paraphilia.
      • Masturbation
      • Homosexuality
      • Transsexualism
      • Abortion
      • Cigarette smoking
      • inappropriate contentography
      • Self-Injury/Suicide
      • Eating Disorders
      • Belief in reincarnation
      • Use of psychics, astrologers, etc.
    Quote:
    Recovery is a place people come to stop doing these things and using the Christian faith to help cope with problems. Other areas of CF can be used for discussions of many of these topics including, in some cases, endorsement of them. Included in this rule is posting triggers to self harmful behaviors.
:hug: in an effort to be supportive to OP and His search to be free of this; this feedback has been allowed because it doesn't fall in the categories above: though, some could debate that it brinks offtopic because he's asking for recovery: and we are posting the oppiset of how he feels. so in all fairness, i want to post that as soon as the OP returns and clearifies or updates this direction... we need to post in support of him searching healling too. *just remember we can't debate eachother. it is souly his descision to choose which direction he feels convicted to take. :hug: xo dee

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
the first thing to do is tackle the issue of it being sinful. Biblically speaking, the bible says that "the marriage bed is without sin." So whoever told you that this is a sinful act doesn't know what they're talking about. Whatever you and your wife do is your personal business and God doesn't look down on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gengwall

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2006
MN
✟14,586.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not believe this is inherently sinful but since it is sin for you, I won't argue with your reaching out for help and won't try to convince you to "get over it". Instead, I agree with seeking counseling. But it depends on what your "need" for this activity is.

If it is purely an erectile issue, then seek medical help
If it is more a pleasure or arrousal (other than erection) then you and your wife might want to experiment with other techniques/positions/styles, etc. to help your arrousal. You also may need some psychological help (it isn't "normal" to "need" to do this to get arroused. Again, that doesn't inherently mean it is sinful)

www.themarriagebed.com has a number of pages on sexuality "problems". You may want to check them out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.