Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've read or listened to the bible over 200 times maybe over 300, I don't know I've lost count.
I'm still on disability and study the bible every day, I have everything I want and need, and am completely content, I started studying the bible when I was 21, and now am 60, but years of psychiatric meds have taken a toll on my body, I would pray for it to go away, but I'm busy praying for other things more important to me. Without studying the bible I would probably never have recovered from alcohol, and would probably still be smoking if alive, playing hymns on harmonica has gotten rid of my emphysema, I play harmonica on facebook, I only play hymns, I also have a link on the music section here, posted in lets jam, that takes you to my harmonica playing, but I'm mostly just saying this for anyone struggling with anything, the answer is always in the bible, I don't think you can't find an answer to any problem to anything that can't be answered by the bible.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've read or listened to the bible over 200 times maybe over 300, I don't know I've lost count.
I'm still on disability and study the bible every day, I have everything I want and need, and am completely content, I started studying the bible when I was 21, and now am 60, but years of psychiatric meds have taken a toll on my body, I would pray for it to go away, but I'm busy praying for other things more important to me. Without studying the bible I would probably never have recovered from alcohol, and would probably still be smoking if alive, playing hymns on harmonica has gotten rid of my emphysema, I play harmonica on facebook, I only play hymns, I also have a link on the music section here, posted in lets jam, that takes you to my harmonica playing, but I'm mostly just saying this for anyone struggling with anything, the answer is always in the bible, I don't think you can't find an answer to any problem to anything that can't be answered by the bible.
Wonderful testimony ...

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great to hear that the word nourished you as well. i have also struggled with mental illness all my life and have the same testimony.

All praise to Jesus for taking good care of us.:bow:

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
but I'm mostly just saying this for anyone struggling with anything, the answer is always in the bible, I don't think you can't find an answer to any problem to anything that can't be answered by the bible.
Agree 100%!

• Agree
Reactions: Sage50
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got it young too. Glad you are doing so well. I think I will start listening to the Old Testament as well. I need to go through it again. It’s been a long haul. It pleases God to walk in faith and accomplish things against it. He does it really. At least it makes me praise Him. Yes studying the Bible is very helpful.

I was twelve when I first got depressed and started showing symptoms. I am 69 now and am very well thank you. I need to change the way I think of myself, as being whole and not sick. I have been humbled again today and the Lord is teaching more about myself. He doesn’t want to leave me here so He lifted me up and I bounced back for church. This is normal. Don’t think of yourself more highly then you ought’. God teaches other people can teach you. Don’t hate correction it is there for your growth and wisdom.

Upvote 0