Gig Harbor
✟110,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
When I was 5, I pretended to hold Hands with God, and asked the Father if He looks like Jesus. When I was 8, I became aware of my need for salvation. When I was 11, I asked God for Someone special, that would always be with me, and never leave me. When I was 12, I heard the Gospel for the first time, and started enjoying the Bible. Something happened when I was 13, that almost caused me to commit suicide. No details will be shared, but I was tortured, and did not receive earthly justice. That is why I have PTSD. When I was 14, I started going to church, and believing that Jesus is God, but I was not yet saved. I was angry with Jesus because of the torture, and asked Him, why I should submit to Him. When I was 15, I was reading my NKJV Bible, watching Christian things on TV, studying a Christian book on happiness, and still fighting with Jesus. I was angry, and severly depressed, and ready to kill myself, and die. I said to Jesus (He is so Merciful): Why should I make You my Lord? Where were You when I was tortured. I need a very good reason. Jesus being so Faithful said to me: Without me, there is no salvation. To go to Heaven, let Me be your, God, Lord, and Savior.
My heart filled with fear and trembling, said "Yes, Lord". The scales came off, and I was keenly aware that i had defied God. I went somewhere private, and prayed to ask the Father, for Jesus to be my God, Lord and Savior, after repenting of all sins. I thanked Jesus for what he did on the cross, and went to tell my Mama, that I was free, and safe, forever. Jesus delivered me, from suicidal thoughts, and through psychiatric care, made me feel safe. I don't know what Y'ALL have been through, but the Love, and Blood, of Jesus, are more powerful than any thing in existance. Jesus is the most powerful Person, ever, and only wants you to give yourself to Him, so He can save you. Jesus loves you, with a burning FIRE, that does not destroy, but makes you safe IN HIM, IF you consent. Jesus is worth everything that i have ever been through, and I am consumned with longing for my Lord. :) <3

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The scales came off, and I was keenly aware that i had defied God.

If I may say, Redeemed, going by your story before this it seems to me you were actually - in your heart all along - wanting to see a Friend and Savior in Him rather than being truly defiant, and before this point there was just one last little barrier around your heart He needed to convince you to let down for Him to cross, and perhaps this specific point in time when the scales fell was the moment He had planned for all along. :)

• Agree
Reactions: tryphena rose
Upvote 0

pam4him

May 15, 2018
Jacksonville
✟25,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What a great testimony! So full of passionate denial and true change. I'm so glad you were open enough to hear him speak to you. Welcome to the family of God, and prayers for continued grace and mercy in your walk.

• Friendly
Reactions: tryphena rose
Upvote 0