Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I assumed everyone read it in the context of my previous three years or so.
I forgot to tag it (Catholics only), but I didn't mind as I thought this wasnt particularly catholic anyway.

Sadly struggling with recent events is very Catholic

Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Theotokos, Pregnant With Christ, Save Us!
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Why is most everyone in this thread bidding him fond fair well? We know as Catholics that the best way to stay close to Christ, to remain a Christian, free from sin and error, is to remain within the womb of Holy Church. I grew up in a very godly, confessional Lutheran church too. I can point to numerous things the confessional Lutherans have over novus ordo Catholics, but this isn't about church polity, economy, subjective experience, the behavior of clergy, but objective truth.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Why is most everyone in this thread bidding him fond fair well? We know as Catholics that the best way to stay close to Christ, to remain a Christian, free from sin and error, is to remain within the womb of Holy Church. I grew up in a very godly, confessional Lutheran church too. I can point to numerous things the confessional Lutherans have over novus ordo Catholics, but this isn't about church polity, economy, subjective experience, the behavior of clergy, but objective truth.

Because we know he's struggled with this for a long time. And we've seen lots of people leave and the road leads them back.

He's a smart man and a good man. Many of us have made our case publicly or privately over the last two years.

But sometimes you can't come home unless you go away. I have faith in Christ and him. Personally I think the struggle and the pain right now is exacerbated by him staying in Union that he does not believe in his heart.

He is seeking God. I believe God will lead him back.

Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sadly struggling with recent events is very Catholic
Yet we row together as one man to one ship. Although the storm tosses us about and Peter is afraid, Christ is not missing, just lying still, peacefully trusting in His heavenly Father and bidding us to do the same.

Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Because we know he's struggled with this for a long time. And we've seen lots of people leave and the road leads them back.

He's a smart man and a good man. Many of us have made our case been publicly or privately.

But sometimes you can't come home unless you go away. I have faith in Christ and him. Personally I think the struggle and the pain right now is exacerbated by him staying Union that he does not believe in his heart.

Okay.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am sorry, I should pay more attention to the denomination. I usually read new threads with the thought of helping. When it comes to loving others their beliefs don't enter into it for me.
Looks like I need to care more about how the poster feels about it:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The parable of the prodigal son comes to my mind. Not the same circumstances, but still. Maybe the parable of the lost sheep is better.

He's a smart man and a good man. Many of us have made our case publicly or privately over the last two years.

But sometimes you can't come home unless you go away. I have faith in Christ and him. Personally I think the struggle and the pain right now is exacerbated by him staying in Union that he does not believe in his heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beloved2018

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry, I should pay more attention to the denomination. I usually read new threads with the thought of helping. When it comes to loving others their beliefs don't enter into it for me.
Nothing wrong with that <3

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just a quick note from an outsider. I've been following the struggles of many RCs here, and I want you to know that from the other side of the divide, I struggle a lot too, for I have a deep yearning for unity in the Body, but at the same time I cannot agree with much of RC doctrine. I'm not going to debate that here, I just want you to know that the wound in the Body is felt by many disciples, of all stripes.

Stabat, I've always known you to be an honest and sincere follower of the Lord. I pray the Lord will protect and lead you in your quest for the right place to serve Him, and that you will have an abiding peace, and a joy in the journey based on His unfailing faithfulness even when we see through a glass darkly.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's my prayer! Seriously, I am looking at Stabat's journey with great interest. This is a time where a lot of Catholics are struggling. A convert? Even more. It is incredibly disappointing and leaves one feeling very disillusioned. I think God will lead Stabat in His own time. Even Jesus went out into the desert for 40 days to pray and discern. It is times like these I have to trust God knows the heart. At this point, I do not think any sort of debate is going to be what Stabat needs. He is seeking God and just wanting to do and be where God leads. Makes me sad, but I pray he'll be back.
Yeah. So I guess he should hurry up and leave so he can come back ;)

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
May the Lord use any means, even a shaking, to bring you closer to himself. Sometimes God will bring a storm to show if we really built our house upon the Rock, and not on sand. If it falls, great is its fall.

But, since I am a Protestant my opinion has little weight here.

Upvote 0