• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

my rape story

pumking

Apr 16, 2007
canada
✟15,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it was my own cousin always go over to get help with my home work, and that day he start to torch me and stop him and then he put his hand over my mouth and threw me down and press his knell down on me i was in shock then wondering what going i was only ten and did not no much then. my heart waS pounding so fast, after that i rush home scared and frighting well the next day i went to school and my mom found my clothes, and she give me a good beating without asking any question she had in her mind i slept with some little boy. my mom was not one who i could talk to so i never told her because dont matter the problem you alway get the blame:cry:
and my cousin was staying in the same yard with me so i saw him every single day now i was scared of him then on i never tell no one it was so hard. but i was rape again when i was twenty this was more painful and scary i became so angry with god with my self my mom and everyone arond me.

even now i get flash back on my husband i talk to him about them stuff so he help me out alot but many time i just dont want to be torch. by the grace of god i have move on day by day from my past

N

Nobility

Hun, if possible it'd be great for you to go and get professional counselling about this. A woman counselor would be best, and you can go with your husband if you'd like (esp the first time) so he can support you... Sometimes churches can offer free or reduced price counseling visits. I think it'd really help the not wanting to be touched and the flashbacks. Remember that your husband loves you and wants the best for you hun, he is not someone who has or will abuse you. Just let him know when you are feeling like not being touched, and if possible just try for something simple like holding hands, or a hug if you are ok with that.

Upvote 0

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Taking it one day at a time is the only thing you can do right now. Be gentle with yourself and try to realize that what you're going through is perfectly normal.

It sounds to me like you are married to a great man. The best thing you can do is to keep the lines of communication open. Talking to one another will help you to maintain some of the intimacy that you are missing out on right now.

I second the suggestion that you get some professional counseling. Having somebody to talk to about this can be very helpful. They also have groups for the husbands of rape survivors, too.

Upvote 0

restore

Veteran
Jul 13, 2006
oceans
✟17,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honey the devil can not win his plan, u r brave to come to talk on this forum, keep on finding help and keep on crying out to the lord, He is real and He can make us well in soul, heart, and make us a normal woman:wave:

If u need sisters to talk, also can be brave to pm some of us.

Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Seeing a therapist can help a lot. If you are more comfortable with the idea, many churches offer counseling services also. Therapists can help you develop coping skills to help fight the flashbacks and stuff also. And sometimes it is just nice to have someone listen and not judge you.

I am sorry you had to suffer through those experiences, no one should ever have to go through it at all.

Upvote 0

Aces High

Veteran
Jun 27, 2006
Sydney
✟17,627.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
it was my own cousin always go over to get help with my home work, and that day he start to torch me and stop him and then he put his hand over my mouth and threw me down and press his knell down on me i was in shock then wondering what going i was only ten and did not no much then. my heart waS pounding so fast, after that i rush home scared and frighting well the next day i went to school and my mom found my clothes, and she give me a good beating without asking any question she had in her mind i slept with some little boy. my mom was not one who i could talk to so i never told her because dont matter the problem you alway get the blame:cry:
and my cousin was staying in the same yard with me so i saw him every single day now i was scared of him then on i never tell no one it was so hard. but i was rape again when i was twenty this was more painful and scary i became so angry with god with my self my mom and everyone arond me.

even now i get flash back on my husband i talk to him about them stuff so he help me out alot but many time i just dont want to be torch. by the grace of god i have move on day by day from my past

In a few words that was still so vivid, I am glad the grace of God has helped you.

God Bless

Upvote 0