Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why are many Catholic Bishops so afraid to embrace traditional worship or admonish public sinners? The young people and priest are drawn to traditional liturgical mystery and majesty and hard truth, yet Bishops and older pastors seem to imagine that everyone desires banal folk rock music, liturgical innovations/abuses, and soft mushy homilies devoid of any mention of sin or hell, purgatory or even temporal consequences of sin . And they wonder why so many Catholics are leaving and Churches and schools are closing. I can't wait to many of these Bishops die off and are replaced by the younger more faithful priest(of which there are many)

Many Bishops today are more like delusional politicians more then successors to the apostles and Holy Fathers. Pray for them. Their souls are in danger.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: ChicanaRose

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Why are many Catholic Bishops so afraid to embrace traditional worship or admonish public sinners? The young people and priest are drawn to traditional liturgical mystery and majesty and hard truth, yet Bishops and older pastors seem to imagine that everyone desires banal folk rock music, liturgical innovations/abuses, and soft mushy homilies devoid of any mention of sin or hell, purgatory or even consequences of sin . And they wonder why so many Catholics are leaving and Churches and schools are closing. I can't wait to many of these Bishops die off and are replaced by the younger more faithful priest(of which there are many)

Many Bishops today are more like delusional politicians more then successors to the apostles and Holy Fathers. Pray for them. Their souls are in danger.

Like well-meaning politicians when they first go to Washington, some are distracted from their intentions, others are overwhelmed or put into a bind, still others simply become disillusioned and just "do the best they can". Young becomes old and the cycle repeats.

The clergy needs the prayers of the laity, not so much the other way around.

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Like well-meaning politicians when they first go to Washington, some are distracted from their intentions, others are overwhelmed or put into a bind, still others simply become disillusioned and just "do the best they can". Young becomes old and the cycle repeats.

The clergy needs the prayers of the laity, not so much the other way around.
I think this is well said!

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why are many Catholic Bishops so afraid to embrace traditional worship or admonish public sinners? The young people and priest are drawn to traditional liturgical mystery and majesty and hard truth, yet Bishops and older pastors seem to imagine that everyone desires banal folk rock music, liturgical innovations/abuses, and soft mushy homilies devoid of any mention of sin or hell, purgatory or even temporal consequences of sin . And they wonder why so many Catholics are leaving and Churches and schools are closing. I can't wait to many of these Bishops die off and are replaced by the younger more faithful priest(of which there are many)

I view it as something of a general divide. I make no secret of (and no apology for) my absolute disdain for the entire Baby Boomer generation. They're primarily the ones behind the push for a more hollow, soulless brand of Christianity. Right now, Boomers are primarily the ones leading the Church, and with typical Boomer results.

When younger generations replace the Boomers, I imagine the Church will be overall smaller but members will be overall more faithful and there will be an opportunity to replenish the losses with true, mature, disciplined leadership and faithful teachings.

As a bonus, once the Boomers are gone the Internet might actually become safer to use.

Upvote 0