Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No -- the creation event did not use science.

I suppose I could say "a proper understanding of the universe's creation" -- but I'll go with: Not that I know of.

This goes back to the other thread asking the practical applications of creationism. Assuming creationism does provide "a proper understanding of the universe's creation", what can we do with this knowledge to improve or help humanity that isn't already otherwise done using scientific knowledge?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This goes back to the other thread asking the practical applications of creationism. Assuming creationism does provide "a proper understanding of the universe's creation", what can we do with this knowledge to improve or help humanity that isn't already otherwise done using scientific knowledge?
Nothing that I know of.

In my [right to have an] opinion, you need neither creationism, nor macroevolutionism to do what you do.

Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nothing that I know of.

In my [right to have an] opinion, you need neither creationism, nor macroevolutionism to do what you do.

And yet when I am working as an evolutionary biologist, I absolutely need macroevolution to do what I do.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it is very wrong.

Upvote 0

Tiberius

Jun 28, 2005
✟6,911.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
What is the difference between raisin bread created ex nihilo with the raisins older than the bread, and raisin bread created ex nihilo with the raisins and the bread the same age?

There is no difference. The two are identical and cannot be told apart. Which proves that your embedded age idea is meaningless.

Now, i gotta ask, why did you close THIS thread when the only difference was that you left the ex nihilo bit out of the OP? You do know there's an edit button, yeah?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no difference. The two are identical and cannot be told apart. Which proves that your embedded age idea is meaningless.
Are you telling me that dating these ingredients in both loaves will yield the same result?
Now, i gotta ask, why did you close THIS thread when the only difference was that you left the ex nihilo bit out of the OP?
I felt like it.
You do know there's an edit button, yeah?
I've heard rumors to that effect.

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Now, i gotta ask, why did you close THIS thread when the only difference was that you left the ex nihilo bit out of the OP? You do know there's an edit button, yeah?

Because he thinks that creating something from nothing leaves no trace evidence. Of course, he doesn't know that but it fits with what he believes, so he runs with it.

Upvote 0

Tiberius

Jun 28, 2005
✟6,911.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you telling me that dating these ingredients in both loaves will yield the same result?

Well, you are the one who tells us that embedded age leaves no evidence, are you not? So if some kind of dating technique was able to show a difference in the ages, then it couldn't be as a result of embedded age. So the answer is yes, both loaves will yield the same result, because to do otherwise would violate your embedded age idea.

However, there would be absolutely no difference between a loaf of raisin bread with embedded age and a loaf of raisin bread that merely had the appearance of age. Thus, embedded age is an appearance of age. Things can appear to be something they are not, hence I propose that embedded age is not actual age and is not difference to a piece of furniture that has been distressed to look old even though it was made recently.

if you can propose some way to tell the difference, I'm all ears.

I felt like it.

A lack of efficiency seems like something to be expected from you...

I've heard rumors to that effect.

Perhaps the edit button was created ex nihilo and the only reason you've heard rumours about it in the past was because the edit button was created with embedded age and your memories of it are just part of that history without maturity.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What´s the difference between stupidity and embedded stupidity?
Laughter, ridicule, commitment to science, mental blocks, venting anger, projection, cognitive dissonance avoidance, ignorance, a hatred of all things sacred, and an Arab phone -- to name a few.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nostromo

Brian Blessed can take a hike
Nov 19, 2009
Yorkshire
✟17,838.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Laughter, ridicule, commitment to science, mental blocks, venting anger, projection, cognitive dissonance avoidance, ignorance, a hatred of all things sacred, and an Arab phone -- to name a few.
I hope you will one day recognise those traits that exist in yourself.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is the difference between raisin bread created ex nihilo with the raisins older than the bread, and raisin bread created ex nihilo with the raisins and the bread the same age?
Bumped [mainly] for Split Rock.

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
According to many YECs, when God allegedly created starlight in transit with not only embedded age but an embedded story of a detailed history that never existed, how do YECs avoid the obvious conclusion that God is lying? (Isn't it a cruel deception to mislead us?)

After all, those light beams aren't simply "plain light" (as many YECs assume), each tells a story of a star that was NOT the source of the light (if we accept the claims of many YECs.)

(Yes, one problem of making things up as you go along -- including things which aren't stated in the Bible -- is that you back yourself into a corner.)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to many YECs, when God allegedly created starlight in transit with not only embedded age but an embedded story of a detailed history that never existed, how do YECs avoid the obvious conclusion that God is lying? (Isn't it a cruel deception to mislead us?)
I can't speak for YECs, but I would venture to say that YECs do not say God created starlight in transit with embedded stories that never existed.

It looks like you're appending a false accusation on to YEC doctrine.

BUT, again, I could be wrong -- I don't know what all YEC teaches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you agree athat the raisins in the bread should not have any signs of a history as a grape? Yes or no, please.
No.

The raisins are grapes -- old ones, in fact.

While they may have signs, the signs are trumped by their method of creation (ex nihilo).

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,381.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
In one, the raisins are older than the bread. In the other the raisins and bread are the same age.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

When was the last time raisin bread was created ex nihilo?
When was the last time anything was created ex nihilo?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status