Faith0263

Bapticostal
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟15,405.00
Faith
Baptist
As she faced her Maker at the last judgment, she knelt before her Creator along with all the other souls.
Before each person laid his or her life like the squares of a quilt in many piles. An Angel sat before each of them sewing their quilt squares together into a tapestry that was their life.

But as her angel took each piece of cloth off the pile, she noticed how ragged and empty each of her squares was - and filled with giant holes. Each square was labeled with a part of her life that had been difficult - the challenges and temptations she had been faced with in everyday life. She saw hardships that she had endured, which were the largest holes of all.

She glanced around her. Nobody else had such squares. Other than a tiny hole here and there, the other tapestries were filled with rich color and the bright hues of worldly fortune. She gazed on the squares of her own life and was disheartened.
Her Angel was sewing the ragged pieces of cloth together,
threadbare and empty, as if that Angel was binding air.

Finally the time came when each quilt of life was displayed, held up to the light of truth. The others rose, each in turn, holding up their quilts. How filled with color and beauty their lives had been.
Her angel looked at me and nodded for her to rise.
Her gaze dropped to the ground in shame. She hadn't had all the earthly fortunes. She had love in her life and laughter. But there had also been trials of illness and death and false accusations that took her world, as she knew it, from her. She had to start over many times.

She often struggled with the temptation to quit, only to
somehow muster the strength to pick up the pieces and begin again. She had spent many nights on her knees in prayer, asking for help and guidance in her life.

She had often been held up to ridicule, which she endured
silently,each time offering it up to the Creator in the hope that she would not melt within her skin beneath the judgmental gaze of those who unfairly had judged her.
And now, she had to face the truth. Her life was what it was, and she had to accept it for exactly that.

She rose and slowly lifted the combined squares in the Quilt of her Life to the light. An awe-filled gasp filled the air. She gazed around at the others who stared at her with wide eyes.
She looked at the tapestry before her. Light flooded through the many holes,creating an image, the face of the Living Christ.

He stood before her with love in His eyes and said, "Every time you gave over your life to Me, it became My life, My hardsips, and My struggles. Each point of light in your life is a time when you stepped aside and let Me shine through, until there was more of Me than there was of you.
May your own Quilt of Life be a testament to the Living
Christ that shines forth in and through you and your life.

Please share this with someone you love, care about and/or that you feel may need a reminder that their life is precious and important - that they do matter and make a difference in the world - and that their Quilt of Life may surprise them with its beauty!

God bless you today and forever.