Milwaukee
✟8,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel like I've been having a quarter-life crisis for the past few years.
I've been in college and have finally graduated. My goal all along has been med school.
I've been working hard to try and get accepted, but I am now realizing it may take longer than anticipated (1-2 more years)
I've been married for a while, and want to have kids and settle down... you know, the "American dream" stuff... but to pay off loans and complete my goal (my passion), having kids just isn't realistic right now.
I'm starting to question all of my decisions, but I refuse to give up on my dream of becoming a doctor just because I have baby fever.
I am torn inside, and just need some encouragement...

I feel God is calling me to wait in this season of my life... wait to have children until the time is right... but it is hard... and I worry what the future holds

Anyone else having a quarter life crisis?

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Probably not gonna make you feel better but uh lol I just turned 26, not married, dating a guy who's 20, a biochemistry degree but I can't get a job outside of pharmacy call centers, and I live with my mom. And I have to get a fertility test cause not sure if I can even have kids.... You're doing pretty good so far. And med school takes everyone forever to get through and into.

Med school will be there for a while the opportunity to have kids won't. If you aren't hurting for money I'd probably start a family wait for my kids to grow up a little and then go to med school. Or I mean you could freeze your eggs(kind of expensive) or well... You could go to med school and try for kids after but might be more challenging. If I were you though I'd start my family first.

But pray about it. If being a Drs your dream and you want that more then go for it, but personally I feel it'd be easier to start a family first then go back for more education.

Upvote 0