Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
When we see sin as something that dampens our relationship with Christ & the members of His Body, our idea of repentance shifts. Rather than sifting through all the rules, to see if we broke one (and arguing with ourselves about how far we can stretch a rule before it becomes a sin), looking into the spirit of the law really brings clarity to our motives & our choices.

With this in mind, what I am about to repent of is something that may or may not be breaking a rule, but I know it has made my connection to God strained.

Perhaps I should read the Book of Psalms a little more, to find one that lines up with my thoughts here. I'm sure I will later. But for now, it comes to mind that the Psalmists just wrote what they felt. Abandonment, sorrow, joy, repentance, music, long or short, deep or repetitive (or sometimes both), I want to emulate the spirit of the Psalmists as I pour forth my own spirit. God willing, these words will help you out, somehow.

Forgive me, Lord, for all the ways I have separated myself from You.

You understand the stress I am going through, coming to the end of my college career, and struggling to find a job after graduation. For this, your compassionate understanding, I bless You.

This stress, as real as it is, does not excuse me from losing sight of you so often.

You have taught us to keep our gaze fixed on you, lest we sink into the stormwaters. Yet I continue to think that the stormwaters are worth more attention than You. For this, I beg Your glorious Mercy upon myself & all others who choose to fall in the same way.

You know it is hard, sometimes, do not be distracted by everything around me. But I dwell on the difficulty in front of me, instead of Your presence within me.

My words are limited, and are useless without my spirit behind them, and Your Holy Spirit within them. I do not even know if these words made sense. But take them as the vehicle of my repentance, the public way I want to turn back to You & help others to do the same. Help me to stop dwelling on my excuses & start dwelling in You. I will still have stress, but I will still have you; help me to always remember which one is more important.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.