Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Take, Lord, receive all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding, my whole will,
all that I have and all that I possess.

You gave it all to me, Lord; I give it all back to you.
Do with it as you will, according to your good pleasure.
Give me your love and your grace;
for with this I have all that I need."

It sounds like a beautify prayer, thought and intention but in this world of Alzheimer's, ALS and Huntigton's chorea who among us can pray it and actually man it?

More than likely we pray that such crosses be taken from us. The most we can hope for is a patient acceptance of what we cannot change. We can then offer it. Until then I really cannot make this prayer my own.

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Akita sir, have no idea who the saint guy is lol. All that was ever taught to me was to pray the way Jesus Christ taught us. One of the only history books aside from the bible and a bible overview book (which includes some history) that is my collection is a book about The Great Fire of Rome, which talks about Nero and up to the great fire, and not sure what else cause never read it all the way through.

Not sure why people look at saints for, they are just men. Though as Christians we are to look to Christ Jesus, and our Father in Heaven first and foremost.

Also it good to see you around still! Hope everything has been okay with you brother.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s a prayer of surrender. It’s what is called a suscipe prayer.
"Take, Lord, receive all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding, my whole will,
all that I have and all that I possess.

You gave it all to me, Lord; I give it all back to you.
Do with it as you will, according to your good pleasure.
Give me your love and your grace;
for with this I have all that I need."

It sounds like a beautify prayer, thought and intention but in this world of Alzheimer's, ALS and Huntigton's chorea who among us can pray it and actually man it?

More than likely we pray that such crosses be taken from us. The most we can hope for is a patient acceptance of what we cannot change. We can then offer it. Until then I really cannot make this prayer my own.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Michie ma'am, is looking into saints and prayers a catholic thing? My mother went to catholic school in Michigan growing up. Idk what all she was taught.
Well I’m a convert. But yes, studying the saints along with the rest of our salvation history is studied in Catholic schools along with the rest of the normal curriculum.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Akita sir, have no idea who the saint guy is lol. All that was ever taught to me was to pray the way Jesus Christ taught us. One of the only history books aside from the bible and a bible overview book (which includes some history) that is my collection is a book about The Great Fire of Rome, which talks about Nero and up to the great fire, and not sure what else cause never read it all the way through.

Not sure why people look at saints for, they are just men. Though as Christians we are to look to Christ Jesus, and our Father in Heaven first and foremost.

Also it good to see you around still! Hope everything has been okay with you brother.
The saints have a lot to offer. Of course they are not Jesus. But they are companions on the journey and pretty advanced. And usually being from distant times and places their ways of speaking can seem a bit foreign to us.

Upvote 0