dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is it. He also said in the town there will be 15-20 people left and in village 1. But after this everyone you meet will be godly. I don't ask if this is true because I trust him and he is my friend but you can discuss.

hluke

Jul 28, 2020
Melbourne
✟22,274.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

that's an interesting thought. Could you please elaborate on what the preist meant when he said, "there will be a cleaning of evil people..."

Is this a refence to evil or corruption your local area, the world, or perhaps a prophetic insight of some sort?

Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is from bible, because everything he saying is from bible, a prophetic insight, the way he interpret the bible, it means all evil people in the world will die in the future, maybe at once and there will be left only the good humans (godly). Also it is said in the bible: Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Upvote 0

hluke

Jul 28, 2020
Melbourne
✟22,274.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lord have mercy
Hello,

Why do Orthodox Christians repeat 'Lord have mercy'?

Also in the 'Jesus prayer' where Orthodox believers pray many perhaps a thousand times a day for mercy when they already have mercy.

Our everlasting mercy was granted by our Lord Jesus at Calvary... Jesus is the face of mercy.

I'm just curious as to why this is a common theme in the Orthodox church.
No judgement.

John 5:24; Hebrews 4:16;
Bless.

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is it. He also said in the town there will be 15-20 people left and in village 1. But after this everyone you meet will be godly. I don't ask if this is true because I trust him and he is my friend but you can discuss.

I would not trust anyone who calls themselves father, especially anyone professing to be a religious person, for this reason in Matthew 23:9
9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him

God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth

Peace be with all those in the body of Christ

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Put your trust in GOD the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ not in any man made organization or any man, reverend or priest.

12Therefore, my beloved, as you have
always obeyed, not as in my presence
only, but now much more in my absence,
work out your own salvation with fear
and trembling
;
13for it is God who works in you both to
will and to do for His good pleasure.

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him

God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth

Peace be with all those in the body of Christ

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Did he have any rough timetable for this godly event ?

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That the numbers will get rounded up when it happens doesn't alter the essence. My view - in a very general way yes - we don't know when, we don't know who, and we don't know how.

Also that many statements will prove relative (a common figure of speech) doesn't alter "truth" either. Nobody evil need be evil next. "Predestination" is a conceptual topology issue as well as whatever reality it will / won't turn out to be.

Both good and bad people always were dying off - in "variable proportions" as it says on the vegetable tin. All kinds of contingencies are always cropping up in this universe.

If we despair (become nihilistic and subsume ourselves to the jagganauth), we are more likely to misjudge other individuals' potential.

Literal literalism takes away from rather than strengthening truth because all language is metaphors about metaphors. Reality is projective - objective and subjective both. Intersubjectivity and quasi-indexicality strengthen our inferences about the objective - including real individual personalities and identities. We know what we mean through insight.

If we study the functioning of our own faculties we can do our best to do good.

As for mercy - the more the better - my God doesn't ration! Those of you who claim you've had enough - do you know the future concretes of your life? Are you moralistic in the inconsequential sense or are you additionally hoping for discernment, prudence and courage to help out others / help others help them when need arises? What contingencies might hinder you / them receiving these?

Do you hope for a big crown for your fellow, like St Paul & St James do? Are these the basis for your prayer life / lives? Is evangelicalism going to revert to interceding & supplicating? What terrible distortions have been forced on our peers outside churches as well as inside. Is there Holy Spirit "fuel" for caring for the other other? Yes, mercy!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That the numbers will get rounded up when it happens doesn't alter the essence. My view - in a very general way yes - we don't know when, we don't know who, and we don't know how.

Also that many statements will prove relative (a common figure of speech) doesn't alter "truth" either. Nobody evil need be evil next. "Predestination" is a conceptual topology issue as well as whatever reality it will / won't turn out to be.

Both good and bad people always were dying off - in "variable proportions" as it says on the vegetable tin. All kinds of contingencies are always cropping up in this universe.

If we despair (become nihilistic and subsume ourselves to the jagganauth), we are more likely to misjudge other individuals' potential.

Literal literalism takes away from rather than strengthening truth because all language is metaphors about metaphors. Reality is projective - objective and subjective both. Intersubjectivity and quasi-indexicality strengthen our inferences about the objective - including real individual personalities and identities. We know what we mean through insight.

If we study the functioning of our own faculties we can do our best to do good.

As for mercy - the more the better - my God doesn't ration! Those of you who claim you've had enough - do you know the future concretes of your life? Are you moralistic in the inconsequential sense or are you additionally hoping for discernment, prudence and courage to help out others / help others help them when need arises? What contingencies might hinder you / them receiving these?

Do you hope for a big crown for your fellow, like St Paul & St James do? Are these the basis for your prayer life / lives? Is evangelicalism going to revert to interceding & supplicating? What terrible distortions have been forced on our peers outside churches as well as inside. Is there Holy Spirit "fuel" for caring for the other other? Yes, mercy!

Ask mercy from God, not from us, we only share what we know.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Also in the 'Jesus prayer' where Orthodox believers pray many perhaps a thousand times a day for mercy when they already have mercy.

Our everlasting mercy was granted by our Lord Jesus at Calvary... Jesus is the face of mercy.

No judgement.

Bless.

same reason the angels and saints repeat prayers in Revelation.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I hope that it happens soon.

Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello,

No judgement.

Bless.

Usually as the one prayer leaves my lips my heart and mind betray me and I need mercy once again. By praying without ceasing by addressing the Name of Christ my mind and heart are brought into subjection to Him

Upvote 0