Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello..I always have a desire for lost people. I have a passion to study the word of God and meditate it always..and I always make sure I'm growing in the fruit with the Lord..so I can teach more effectively to the people..I love also evangelizing and sharing Word of God.

I'm working right now 5 days a week, 8 hours a day..I'm planning after 2-3 years to just go put up a business that I love and then do the passion I have with the Lord to reach out the lost and study his word more ...is there anyone else here that doing this? Like doing business and ministry at the same time.

I cannot find a thread about those full time ministry...

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello..I always have a desire for lost people. I have a passion to study the word of God and meditate it always..and I always make sure I'm growing in the fruit with the Lord..so I can teach more effectively to the people..I love also evangelizing and sharing Word of God.

I'm working right now 5 days a week, 8 hours a day..I'm planning after 2-3 years to just go put up a business that I love and then do the passion I have with the Lord to reach out the lost and study his word more ...is there anyone else here that doing this? Like doing business and ministry at the same time.

I cannot find a thread about those full time ministry...

Maybe you could sell bibles or something and teach in your local community with a stall or something like that. Start small and see how you go from there.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been self employed and incorporated ministry when possible. Didn't make a lot of money but helped a lot of people.

I friend of mine did this - painted houses.
At one house he painted the front under contract - when he finished the Lord said keep painting... in obedience he did this and the owner was so blown away that sharing Jesus was a breeze.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe you could sell bibles or something and teach in your local community with a stall or something like that. Start small and see how you go from there.

I'm not into selling bibles =D

--------------------

I have been self employed and incorporated ministry when possible. Didn't make a lot of money but helped a lot of people.

I friend of mine did this - painted houses.
At one house he painted the front under contract - when he finished the Lord said keep painting... in obedience he did this and the owner was so blown away that sharing Jesus was a breeze.

I see..that's great...it seems like he's making good.

Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's do-able. I'm not running my own business, but I've heard good testimony from others who have.
I heard too but most of people who are full time in ministry they don't tell they have a part time career :D

Upvote 0

Cclun

cclun
Mar 19, 2019
OH
✟9,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh I am sure! Paul was a tentmaker, he was in full time ministry. Even Stay at home mom is a full time ministry. I also know a few friends who use their job as a platform as ministry. No matter where you are, you are a "letter" written by Christ to show others. So going into full time ministry or not, living for God and sharing His love is the key. 2 Corintihains 3:2-3 "you yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God."

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnphysicist

Have Courage to Trust God!
May 11, 2005
South East Minnesota (east of Rochester)
Visit site
✟57,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat

Your first few years in a new business will require a 60-80 hour work week for likely pay much less than minimum wage, assuming you reach a break even point early on. More typically, you will spend way more money than you make. I'd highly recommend you get a second shift 40 hour a week job now to put money aside for the years when you won't be making any.

Its only after a few years of hard work that a business starts to reach the point that you might have a small amount of time available for bivocational ministry... but substantial time tends to be pretty rare until ones gets close to retirement.

There are exceptions to the above... but often times its because someone has failed 3-5x before getting things right. Often times doesn't mean it's impossible though.

The printed Spring 2019 issue of Christianity Today Pastors edition has some articles on folks doing bivoc ministry, one including a guy running a business, raising kids, and doing ministry... which is typically a car crash waiting to happen, but he saw the writing on the wall in time.

Most bivoc pastors work a regular day job, and make tradeoffs with the remaining hours for sleep, personal time, family, and ministry with whats left over. Its not an easy thing to do... and in years past, a lot of pastor families suffered because of it.

Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, I'm doing it and it's fulfilling
Could you share a little bit what is your business and are you a pastor? =)

Your first few years in a new business will require a 60-80 hour work week for likely pay much less than minimum wage, assuming you reach a break even point early on. More typically, you will spend way more money than you make. I'd highly recommend you get a second shift 40 hour a week job now to put money aside for the years when you won't be making any.

Its only after a few years of hard work that a business starts to reach the point that you might have a small amount of time available for bivocational ministry... but substantial time tends to be pretty rare until ones gets close to retirement.

There are exceptions to the above... but often times its because someone has failed 3-5x before getting things right. Often times doesn't mean it's impossible though.

The printed Spring 2019 issue of Christianity Today Pastors edition has some articles on folks doing bivoc ministry, one including a guy running a business, raising kids, and doing ministry... which is typically a car crash waiting to happen, but he saw the writing on the wall in time.

Most bivoc pastors work a regular day job, and make tradeoffs with the remaining hours for sleep, personal time, family, and ministry with whats left over. Its not an easy thing to do... and in years past, a lot of pastor families suffered because of it.

I see...extra 40 hours a week including business? It will sacrifice the time in the ministry =O

Upvote 0