Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
Hello all,
I just thought I'd post the pictures I took of this years March for Life. We all had a wonderful time, even though it was wet and muddy.

Blessings,

-Davide

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 99
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vrunca

STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS
May 1, 2004
North East Lower Michigan! Go Wings!!
✟4,908.00
Faith
Catholic
Great pics, I didn't take any myself, but a couple of the youth that went with me did...when I get some pics from them I'll try to post them. I got home today at about noon, we left yesterday at 4:00.

As always it was amazing seeing all of the people in support of life. It wasn't cold though, I had just a t-shirt on until we started walking, then I put a sweatshirt on, but mostly so I wouldn't have to hold it...it was like 40 degrees out though!!! The other times I went it was freezing and blizzardy...this was like springtime! In fact over by the Air and space museum there were daffodils and crocuses blossoming!! I could't believe it!

Upvote 0

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I had a great time and have to take the tim eto post the pics I have too. How about he youth turnout! Wow! They outnumbered the older adults! Their dancing and singing at the supreme court building was awesome to experience. The court was fortified by about 2 dozen DC police (who did an awesome job keeping things organized. thanks guys and gals).

I didn't see any counter protests though??

My estimation is 750,000 people. What are yours?

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for sharing the pics Davide! I was watching coverage of the march on EWTN the other day but unfortunately my Grandma came home and she wanted to watch her soaps so I was not able to finish watching the coverage. I would love to some day go to the march in DC. Currently the only pro-life activism that I take part in is showing a couple pro-life bumper stickers on my car and also praying the rosary for pro-life intentions from time to time. I have been hoping to get involved in some pro-life organizations soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

palewildwoodflowr

Oct 3, 2006
✟8,107.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Some people were holding a sign saying:
Pro-child
Pro-choice
Pro-pig
Pro-bacon
I don't know what they meant, but they might have been PETA members calling us hypocrites... It was a poorly done sign...
No kidding, rather than attacking you they should try to unite!!! I know *many* Pro Life vegans...if anything those idiots look like bigger hypocrites!!

Great photos, btw!

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I wonder how much these protests really accomplish? They're like a peace march, but will we ever have peace?

It's an opportunity to get together and shout. But hey guess what, no one is listening.

I'm convinced the only way to change anything is one child at a time, and one pregnant young woman at a time.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder how much these protests really accomplish? They're like a peace march, but will we ever have peace?

It's an opportunity to get together and shout. But hey guess what, no one is listening.

I'm convinced the only way to change anything is one child at a time, and one pregnant young woman at a time.
If it helps get more support to finally change the laws, we'll be making a serious difference. The law is a moral teacher after all.

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
We've had legal abortion for over thirty years and the only change that's been made is the ease of the process.

Before that, of course, was illegal abortion.

I have to go by experience, myself as a pregnant teenager and my new grandson that is sleeping in the next room.
If I hadn't given my daughter support and unconditional love, if she had no one to turn to, I don't know what would have happened. I think she would have had the baby anyway, but with great emotional hardship. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

She had a friend that just had an abortion. I knew this girl since she was in the 4th grade. She had no one to help her. I didn't know till after the fact when I saw my daughter crying and she told me.
She spoke to her but she had already had her mind made up. She felt it was her only option.
That was it. Make an appointment, problem gone.

We have to give pregnant women more options, more reasons to bring their babies to term.

This is an upsetting subject, especially now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.