Cape Town
✟8,308.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Eva. Bamboo vipers have beautiful color. Now if you asked my wife she would panic and run away. Then she would say they are evil because they are snakes. lol

Thanks for the response.

That picture of Eva was actually taken a few days before her shed. Usually, she's much brighter!

Luckily my girlfriend likes them almost as much as I do.

Upvote 0

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone, I'm new to your forums.

Thought I'd say hello and introduce some of my pets.

Firstly, here is Kwaaitjie.
He/she (haven't sexed it yet) is a Snouted Cobra - always a little scared and defensive.

View attachment 258808
View attachment 258809
(sorry for blurry picture)
View attachment 258807

Here's its larger sibling, Kreatien, who is always very friendly. He/she never hoods.

View attachment 258806

Here's Goebbels, my baby West-African Gaboon Viper.
Unfortunately he's sick at the moment due to my own negligence. His enclosure was too cold because I positioned his thermostat probe incorrectly. I'm giving him an antibiotic injection every second day, hoping he will feel better soon.

View attachment 258812

Last year, I bred Bamboo Vipers.

Here's my female, named Eva.
Unlike her "husband", she's very well behaved and has never tried to tag me.

View attachment 258810

She ended up giving me nine perfect little babies. Raising them was difficult, because babies usually eat small frogs or lizards in the wild.

I don't have access to feeder geckos or frogs, so I had to assist-feed them frozen (thawed) day-old mice. This is done by placing mice in their mouths and letting them swallow by themselves.

Soon, they graduated to tease-feeding, which is basically just annoying them with the mouse until they get angry and bite it. Sometimes they realize it's food and swallow it.
Eventually, they got used to the taste of mice and started eating without any help.

Here's a picture of one of the male babies.

View attachment 258811

I traded the nine baby Bamboo Vipers for four baby Snouted Cobras. You saw two of them in this post.

That's it for now, maybe I'll post some of my other pets in the future.
To whoever sees this, have a great day!

Wow! Coool!
They are beautiful

• Agree
Reactions: Mamba
Upvote 0