My perspective on gay's, straight peoples sexual sin, and judgment.

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That God has decreed it to be a sin, and like all sin it will separate you from God if left unforgiven.

God Bless
Jax

Amen and amen.

"Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside the body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body".

I Corinthians 6:18
NIV

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price.Therefore honor God with your body".

I Corinthians 6:19-20
NIV

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What does Gomorrah mean?, what is the definition of it? Since it is atypically lumped in with Sodom, what is it's definitio
n?

Gomorrah was another of the "cities on the plain" like Sodom. It was apparently as wicked as Sodom in Gods eyes. So far as I know it has no other meaning

Technically...it doesn't. It defines a lot of sins of the flesh, but never calls them "sodomy" or lumps them into such an inclusive category, so far as I know.

I don't think it was so inclusively relegated to "sodomy" (pretty much anything outside of penis-in-vagina intercourse) until sometime in 6th century - likely due Justinian attributing the "sin of Sodom" to same-sex activity and making such actions criminal.

As far as the visit of the angels were concerned Genesis 19:5 makes it clear the sin was some of the male residents of the city demanding sexual relations with them (it says the angels appeared as men). In other words same sex activity.

Scripture teaches that Sodom and Gomorrah were punished for their "sins" plural not their sin. So obviously same sex activity was not the only sin they were punished for.

As I pointed out to Negoia you are taking the english meaning of the word and applying back to scripture. The question is not what well meaning people have defined as sodomy but what scripture defines it as. And scripture only mentions it as same sex activity

God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sodomy is a word that is originally derived from Sodom and Gomorrah. That's why the word "sodomy" has the root "sodom" in it. According to Genesis, the story of Sodom describes how every male citizen of Sodom (Lot and his family weren't citizens there) was a homosexual by definition since the story says that they all refused sex with women when they wanted sex. So the original biblical meaning of sodomy had nothing to do with heterosexuals but everything to do with homosexuals. The definition was changed in modern times to include heterosexuals. And there is no mention of male prostitutes in the story of Sodom. The only thing we can gather from the story is that they were homosexuals. And here's what else the Holy Bible says about Sodom:

"Just as Sodom and Gomor′rah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire." - Jude 1:7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Would hope christians could speak it as simply as, acting immorally.
Anyone with a conscience understands that.
Without all the colorful details please! we become how we speak, and what we behold.

Not everyone's conscience is telling them that being gay is immoral anymore, especially our youth,and this new generation of voters coming up, their consciences are saying theirs nothing wrong with being gay, and their consciences are actually beginning to tell them that people against homosexuality are bigot's and are unloving, and prejudice and hateful and are just homophobic, so people can't go simply by their consciences either...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not everyone's conscience is telling them that being gay is immoral anymore, especially our youth,and this new generation of voters coming up, their consciences are saying theirs nothing wrong with being gay, and their consciences are actually beginning to tell them that people against homosexuality are bigot's and are unloving, and prejudice and hateful and are just homophobic, so people can't go simply by their consciences either
r...

As I said before Christians are not in a popularity contest, and no scripture says let "conscience be your guide". If you believe Christians are free to change the word of God then you know very little of our faith. We are not hateful, unloving, bigoted or homophobic.

Let me ask you Negoia, if you saw your neighbor looking out a window as their house was burning down which would be more loving? To warn them that their house was on fire and they should get out; or just smile pretend everything is ok knowing they'll die soon?

I have a gay grandson, one of my close friends in high school was gay (he passed recently) and thru the church and our food pantry I have ministered to a lot of gay people. Believe me I would change the word if I could.

We as a nation are governed by the constitution and under the constitution I believe and support the idea that gays are equal citizens with equal rights but that does not mean I can endorse their lifestyle.

If you choose to believe that homosexuality is ok with God you are certainly free to do so. But if you do you have set yourself at odds with God, which is never a good thing for a Christian.

God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
r...

As I said before Christians are not in a popularity contest, and no scripture says let "conscience be your guide". If you believe Christians are free to change the word of God then you know very little of our faith. We are not hateful, unloving, bigoted or homophobic.

Let me ask you Negoia, if you saw your neighbor looking out a window as their house was burning down which would be more loving? To warn them that their house was on fire and they should get out; or just smile pretend everything is ok knowing they'll die soon?

I have a gay grandson, one of my close friends in high school was gay (he passed recently) and thru the church and our food pantry I have ministered to a lot of gay people. Believe me I would change the word if I could.

We as a nation are governed by the constitution and under the constitution I believe and support the idea that gays are equal citizens with equal rights but that does not mean I can endorse their lifestyle.

If you choose to believe that homosexuality is ok with God you are certainly free to do so. But if you do you have set yourself at odds with God, which is never a good thing for a Christian.

God Bless
Jax

What are you saying! I am "with" you guys for God's sake, I believe Homosexuality IS WRONG, and IS A SIN, I was just merely expressing what I know that this new generation coming up's opinion is of "us", IN ORDER IN THE HOPES OF "DEFENDING" IT, the point of view that homosexual act's are wrong and are SINS...

Have you read any of my prior posts in this thread, I am trying to respect and defend equal rights, yet, at the same time trying to get homosexuals to admit that what they are doing IS SEXUAL SIN, but, if I say that the sexual acts gays perform in sexual congress are sin, then I HAVE to say that the same rules apply to Heterosexuals as well, if I say that some (all) of the sexual acts that gays perform during sex, then for the sake of what you said is equality, and equal rights, I must apply it (the sin) to heterosexuals as well...in order to call it sin...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anything a man and a woman do is okay because God said to enjoy each other. Homosexuality across the board is wrong no matter how it is done. So yes, it may seem or sound wrong, but men and women can do whatever they want because it is within the parameters of what God said in the bible. Now if God had set rules for sexual activity then yes, you'd need to follow those rules.

Anything...? Rather liberal comment.
And remember there is no such 3rd race upon the earth of homosexual.
Just people who blindly behave immorally...and worse,folks who want one door in heaven and willfully continue to behave immorally .doing things which without being taught they kno
to be wrong in their conscience .

Upvote 0

LadyJaden

Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth
Jul 25, 2014
Tennessee
✟15,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to God, ALL sins are equal to Him, except for blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, which I believe is not accepting Christ. That last one will send you to Hell. Homosexuality is a sin that is continuous but it is still a sin and is as equal to God as lying, etc. One needs only to come to Christ as they are...gay or straight. When they accept Christ, HE is the one who changes a person. I know because I used to be a pretty nasty person with my Bipolar episodes. I am now easy going, friendly and I love helping others. I hate my sin and that is because God has convicted me of it. I repent (turn away from my sin) as best as I can. The same can be said for homosexuals. Bring them to Christ and He will do the rest.

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I beg to differ. Everyone knows when they are doing wrong. Sorting through the details is not
What helps a person, just tell them Jesus saves from all sins. That is the power of salvation.
When Jesus spoke to the woman at the well He just told here she had many husbands and the one she was with wasent her husband. No dettails of the bedroom were discussed. She got the message and so would anyone.
Let our conversation be pure and simple, for evil communication corrupts good manners.
Just saying

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyJaden

Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth
Jul 25, 2014
Tennessee
✟15,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I afgree that Jesus saves all sins, but you have to BELIEVE. That is when you have salvation....ANd there was nothing EVIL about my conversation. I am tired of all the judgmental folks here.
Questions and Answers from the Bible (Part C)

Upvote 0

staceylee67

Mar 14, 2013
Pacific Northwest
✟7,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anything...? Rather liberal comment.
And remember there is no such 3rd race upon the earth of homosexual.
Just people who blindly behave immorally...and worse,folks who want one door in heaven and willfully continue to behave immorally .doing things which without being taught they kno
to be wrong in their conscience .
People who want a door in heaven yet "continue to behave immorally" will still have that door, immorality, sin and all. They will not be kept out of heaven simply for their sin, as SOME people here seem to be IMPLYING.
John 3:16. We ALL know it and it is probably the first scripture most of us learned. Sin, we all do it. I swear, lose my temper, get angry and glutton-ly eat 3 or 4 donuts at one sitting sometimes. 90% of us do some afore mentioned thing that I won't mention here.... the other 10 percent lie about it.
He even forgives the finger pointers. He forgives the folks who judge others--- PRAISE THE LORD or we would ALL be in trouble-- some of us more than others.

Upvote 0

Voicesheard

Oct 17, 2017
Cheboygan
✟15,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus said Judgment Day would be more endurable for Sodom and Grommorah on Judgment Day than for some of the cities that he went in and preached to, (that did not repent) what did he mean by this?

If a gay couple get's married and they remain exclusive to each other (their not out whoring around or cheating on each other), and their not pushing their beliefs or pressuring others to become gay like them, are they sinning? Are they fornicators?

I personally am prejudiced against Sodomites, since I don't believe in and don't practice Sodomy and believe IT IS A SIN, that needs to be repented of, so that is my view of Sodomites...

But, just like any other sinner that is sinning, I am willing to "Hate the sin, but Love the sinner" I have a male gay cousin whom I love and care for dearly, but I HATE what he chooses to do...

So, I will "Hate the sin, but Love the sinner", (although I may mention that he needs to repent of his sin), as is my duty and charge as a believer in God (Ezekiel 33:1-20), but I won't hound him about it ALL THE TIME, but may just point it out every once in a while...

However/and/but I myself, am not a puritan or a wholly pure one... I, for example am not so pure that I have ruled out oral sex in my life as sin (but it may be and I may need to repent of it later on)...

If it is, and if I were that pure, then I might have something to say against such people who practice it, (what are those people called anyways?) But, "if" I were such a puritan I might have a right to tell ALL those practicing oral sex, or putting foreign objects up/in their who/ha's, that they are sinning and are sinners and need to repent of their sin...

But, I would still, STILL "Love the sinner, but hate the sin" regardless, just like any other sinner that I love and care for, but at this point in my life, I would be a hypocrite to do so, soo...

Opinions? Ideas? Thoughts?

God Bless!
Very well put. I have a cousin who is a lesbian & a sister who is one. I love them both dearly but don't love their lifestyle. The best we can do is pray for them. Tell them that what their doing is a sin against God & they need to repent to him but not hound them. Hopefully one day they will listen but until then, we continue praying our hearts out.

Upvote 0